Read this somewhere

"Being afraid of your own mind is silly, it's like being afraid of crashing into your own car".

How is everyone? I'm still blah. Functioning but blah. Today I feel this hell called derealization really bad but instead of freaking out I just told myself "damn this is bad today!" And kept messing with my phone. I guess that's a good sign. I'm so over it. I saw my phycologist today and he keeps wanting to dig at things from the past that I don't even think about. What I really want him to focus on is this derealization that he doesn't seem to know much about. He keeps saying this is from anxiety and it's making me dissociate. Blah blah. I'm tired today. Tired and annoyed at the fact that my brain is so stupid and has me stuck in dream land.

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by anxiety by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Hopingcat. Sounds like we feel about the same way today. Getting stuff done though rather not, trying to say shut up anxiety/evil brain thoughts. I'm sorry that you didn't have the therapy session you hoped for. I've had those.... he probably has a point about wanting to discuss your past. We carry those things with us, even if we don't think about them. Without going to detail (long story, & it will make me feel like... poo) I had a bunch of stuff happened in my childhood. Some dealt with, others repressed & just chose not to think about. It's a big part of the reason I haven't gone to therapy in a very long time.... it's a can of worms I'm not sure if I'm strong enough to face. But I know to get better I'm going to have to. I'm sorry it just sucks... and I don't know if I'm making sense. Basically I can relate & am here. Hope you are able to go on 1 of your beautiful walks today. 💛

• Thank You. Have you dealt with derealization? It's hell. I got called into my sons school and I was there talking to the principal and I'm like omg his just looks so weird! You know dream like. It's really hell

• Bieng afraid of one's own mind is the best discription of anxiety to date.

I believe trauma in life surpressed or otherwise compromises the nervous system which can lay the groundwork for anxiety. Sadly resolving old wounds does little to heal this damage. Research is desperately needed since the medical profession has little to offer beyond medication to mask symptoms .

You may also like...