I guess I'm not one of the lucky ones 🤷🏽‍♀️ Depersonalization/ Derealization

I'm still waiting here for a miracle and to come back to reality. Snap out of this depersonalization/derealization. I read so many recovery stories that give me so much hope but at the same time makes me wonder why I am still suffering. So many have recovered with magnesium and I have been taking magnesium for over 2 weeks and still nothing. Am I not taking enough? I take one tablet at 3am. I'm scared to take 2 since I'm on amitriptyline. I just wish my brain will snap out of this already. I'm tired of fearing these thoughts and body sensations. It sucks. And trust me I try hard to keep entertained and not give it power but even when I'm entertained the feeling and thoughts are still there. It's not like I'm crawled in bed thinking about this all day. I spend most of the day outside. I just don't know how I snapped out of this crap when I was a teen. Yes I also got this when I was a teen. All I remember was suffering for more than a year. I hope that's not the case this time.

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • My issues with anxiety are different from yours, but I understand how I felt dealing with the years where I was not doing well, wondering when it would be just some better consistently every day. I am doing much better at the moment but am very aware things could change. But I try not to think about it.

Please don't give up. Your fortitude is also mine. Your success is also mine. Because your efforts reinforce my decision to "stay the course" through my terrible times, no matter how hard and frustrating

Please just hold on. You are such a fine person, good mother and wife. It's not fair this is happening to you. If I had a magic wand, I would give it to you. I'm here for you.

• Thank You. I'm deffinetly not giving up but just waiting and wondering. I wish I had a wand too.

• I know....

• You will have setbacks it's all part of getting better

Look at the things you have done and how great you felt take each day at a time and you will have more good days than bad and then the bad will go completely and you will be well

• Thank You. I really hope so.

• Don't hope - believe x

• Same here, I'm ready for this to get better. So tired of the physical symptoms and I know it's anxiety now. If I hear something that freaks me out I begin to worry that it's going to happen to me.

• Snap, I am exactly the same. It is tough, you said " I am ready for this to get better". That is very positive, hang on to that statement and work through slowly, don't expect too much, too soon, be kind to yourself and remember you are strong to be here and talk about it, being open is not easy xx

You may also like...