Holistic Doctor

I decided to contact a holistic doctor to see if that will help me. After my walk today I been feeling pretty horrible. Body full of anxiety and fear/Panic and so concern about my surroundings. Pretty much checking every second to see if something is weird or if I'm on Dp/Dr mode. This is why is so hard for me to accept that this is anxiety. It's like my brain just keeps going and going on it's own. I sometimes don't have control of the stupid thoughts. I mainly think about the weird unreal feeling which I'm sure is just the feeling of anxiety but my brain doesn't get it. Sucks! Hoping for a better day tomorrow and hoping this Dr calls me.

Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hello girlfriend. Sorry to hear you had a rough day after some very good ones.

I am not familiar with the actual approach of a holistic doctor. Does this type of doctor coordinate different approaches to health with your current medical care of your anxiety?

I know yu are so frustrated and are so tired of having the anxiety. Before you have another doctor stick a finger into your care, you might want to check with your prescrbing doctor about the great relief you experienced several days ago, and now this mood swing back into great anxiety.

Know you are so tired of the anxiety, and I have had days where I am been absolutely frustrated and felt I would try anything to make it go away. But I didn't. In the long run what my doctors were prescribing and consistently adjusting has helped me. I'm not having the chronic nonstop anxiety at the moment, making certain I am out of the house from about 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. with walking, running errands, window shoping, etc. By then I know I need to stop and be home to unwind. I do occasionally "look over my shoulder" expecting the anxiety to hit me again. So far so good. One day at a time.

• This is a doctor that takes the more natural route. Pretty much checks you for all types of deficiencies. She contacted me back and also told me she works with neurotransmitter testing and rebalancing and she thinks I might be a candidate for that... but she's also expensive and my insurance doesn't cover holistic anything so we will see what happens.

• Ok. So you don't need to make any decision about changing your healthcare from traditional physician care to holistic approach immediately.

Yes, know the feeling about needing the healthcare we want not being covered by insurance and to have to pay out of pocket, and then having to wait a long time to even get it. You're stuck between a rock and a hard spot.

By any chance did you contact your current doctor yesterday about how you were feeling so much better, and suddenly you sort of "crashed"? I really don't want you to give up on treatment that just needs to be "adjusted" a bit to continue helping you.

But whatever you decide, I am still a cheerleader for you and support you in your decisions. We only have one life, and you deserve to have a very good one with that great husband and your children.

• Please let me know how your visit went.

• I had just contacted her to talk piece. She told me it might take weeks to see me but will be on her cancellation list I case someone cancels

• I hope you get better soon.

• I tend to think that way often for a long period of time and then it just goes away, it's like the pills don't help but we forget instead. So when that happens we then start thinking about how it was and how it felt and then it all comes back because what we think. So basically we create what we so badly don't want and this process countinues until you actually accept it and let it go. I'm no doctor by any means and it's hard myself and I know how difficult it can be I be been there way to many times I just try my best to keep my mind straight and that's all you can do.

You may also like...