Vague and Non-Specific Anxiety

Hi everyone. I have suffered from anxiety as long as I can remember. There are several specific things that it's related to, but so often I have all the anxiety in the world and it doesn't seem to be related to anything.

I think I am generally doing ok with managing my symptoms, but still need to work on better self care.

I am also getting regular counselling and working on some stuff from years ago as well as current stuff.

I guess my question is, when I know I am anxious should I be trying to work out what's triggering that or should I just try to focus on minimising the symptoms and just get on with my day?

Skip

Featured Content

Join our community

The community helps everyone affected by anxiety by providing support, information and guidance.

Follow

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • My own point of view is that it's pointless finding where anxiety has come from----whatever happened, it's in the past & nothing can change that. Concentrate on taking care of yourself & loving yourself (not easy when you suffer anxiety). Live in the present moment (as in mindfulness).

Last year, I spent a small fortune on therapy relating to my past & felt no better, just poorer!

• My anxiety can be triggered by any random thing so I just focus on ways to minimize how long and how severe my attacks are. I hope this helps. Stay strong and best wishes!

You may also like...