Eye freckle /choroidal nevus

I may have asked this question before but none the less I'm having extremel anxiety over this. I went for a routine eye exam and the doc said I have an eye freckle inside the back of my eye, it could turn into melanoma but rarely does that happen so I shouldn't worry but I can't help it..I feel like I have a time bomb in my eye . I'm wondering if anyone on this sight has one of these , they say they are common but I need someone to share their experiences or any knowledge on these ... help with my crazy mind!

Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I have birth marks on my retina and have since birth, I'm now 49 and nothing. Relax and wear UV sunglasses if you're that bothered.

• Hi there, I had a routine eye check up last summer and the optician spotted a freckle like thing at the back of me eye - they did a hospital referral, after examining my eye they said it was nothing to worry about and its something I was most likely born with - my 6 month follow up was last month and there was no change. Try not to worry as both the optician and hospital both told me they are very common! I hope this will at least give you some comfort x

You may also like...