Asthma attacks

I think when your suddenly cant breathe and I dont mean a wheezed chest i mean not getting any air in your lungs at all your head feels like its going to explode your eyes popping out of your head and being told another 5 minutes and you would of been dead. I think it traumatized me because i panic now when I struggle to breathe. I always feared drowning and thats exactly what it was like. Awful feelings pass your mind fear becomes uncontrolable never want to go through that again and haven't smoked since.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Dodo777, I remember my father having Asthma attacks when I was a child. It was the most frightening experience to see someone gasping for air. I can understand how it left it's mark in your brain. A lot of traumatic health issues can be the cause of prompting anxiety.

• I hope your feeling better today Agora. I let things get to sometimes I luve a very solitary life and I think way to much but feelibg better today. I love your replies because we are alike you and I. I am feeling better foid and water been going down well today i been keeping busy as well.

I will look forward to your posts specially when I feel a bit lonely. Hugs.

• Hi Dodo, glad to hear you are doing better today in being able to get food and water down. Keeping busy certainly does help your mind. I hope you are back to meditating every day. That needs to be a part of your day. I do the relaxation both morning, afternoon and night, to keep on an even keel. The deep breathing is with me all the time. I do it so automatically now, I don't even have to think about it. that's been a lifesaver for me.

It's very easy to allow things to bother you when you have no distractions. Glad today was better for you. Get back to playing the guitar, that's a good outlet for stress. Take care.

You may also like...