Test results came back today

Hey guys! So last week I had a Pap smear and hpv test among the normal list of all the other test. All of my test came back normal, including a normal Pap smear. But my HPV test came back positive. So I have a normal Pap but a positive HPV test. So he said for me to come back In a year to retest. But I'm sooooo nervous guys 😩 I don't know what to think. I'm hoping it will clear on its own but just finding out today is just so scary you know?? Has this happened to anyone and it cleared up?? I don't believe in age at all but I was born 30 years ago. Any advice guys?? Please help me, this has made my anxiety go thru the roof 😩

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • First think... You don't have any problem ... So nothing gonna happen to you .... you are strong.. Don't feel nervous always feel like you are getting some energy from god or from sky... yes now you are the most strong person because you don't have any problem.. if you think you have really share it with your mirror.. you feel cool .. share it little loud..

• Yes thank you abhi_123 I'm going to start doing this daily. This is a really good idea. I have to stop thinking the worst. Thank you so much for this 😊I'm just hoping and praying that when I go back next year it will be gone

• I went to the dermatologist to find out if I had an age spot or skin cancer. He took one look & said it was a wart... HPV that will spread if I didn't get it removed. He immediately froze it & said that's it!

Of course, I immediately googled HPV & found there's many types, which usually don't cross contaminate & almost always go away without treatment. It's a virus, like herpes, that can go dormant & recur.

• Yes I have one on my knee. I'm going in 2 weeks to get it removed. But I've had it for about a year and a half. I just learned a couple weeks ago that only HPV can cause warts. So I went to get a Pap smear because I just knew I had HPV. I keep reading it clears on its own it's just scary you know

• About 70-80% of cases fix up on there own and it is fixable with treatment if it doesn't go away so just make sure to go back in a year and don't worry.

• Thank you so much Aazz. I'm going to start trying to heal it naturally on my own. I'm also going to go back in 6 months instead of 1 yr to retest

• Morning. Don't worry I had hpv 20 years ago. Today I'm 40. I treated!🙏I take every 2 years exams. I dont have anything else.

• That's amazing!!! Thank you for that!!! 🙌🏽🙌🏽🙌🏽

• Diagnosed with HPV nearly 7 years ago. Had one bump removed and no issues ever again. Most of the time your body learns to suppress it and it just sits a dormant virus. Take care of any symptoms as the come and you're good.

Don't be anxious about this one. It's about a 1 in 3 chance now to have HPV.

• So my Pap is normal but HPV positive. He did tell me it can go away on its own as long as my immune system is nice and strong so I'm gonna try some immune boosting supplements I've read about that worked for others. It's just a nuisance you know? Because you read all over the Internet how people make it sound so scary regarding cancers and stuff so it freaked me out so bad. I literally cried all day yesterday and felt like I didn't know what I've done to myself by sleeping with people in my past unprotected and what not

• I understand. Its no fun hearing you acquired something like this. But, what's done is done. Life will go back to normal soon enough.

Some things will change. But that's life. You'll be ok.

You may also like...