Increased heart rate

Happy Sunday to you all. I've always been a very active person, love my sports. But since I encountered my first panic attack which has brought on severe anxiety. I cannot get back into the swing of sports and gym, pretty much anything that makes my heart rate increase. It's embarrassing to say but it's even had a detrimental effect on my sex life for obvious reasons. I simply freak out when I feel my heart rate increase. Anyone overcome this or have any tips too?

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I'm assuming that you have had your heart checked by a doctor and all is clear. Your short-term "fixes" are making your situation worse. You are associating every situation and activity as something to avoid just because your heart rate increased at that moment and in that situation.

Do want longterm solutions? Keep doing what you are doing. Learn to breathe correctly (see previous posts for link). Leave the situation/activity when you heart rate decreases. It will decrease! Trust your mind, don't run away from it.

• Yeah the cardiologist has said everything is fine and I wore a 24hr monitor three weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since so I imagine it's fine. I just have a mental block at the moment that stops me doing things. And I can't get past it without almost going into a panic attack.

You may also like...