Chest hurts from anxiety or is it a heart problem!!??

Every since I lost my mother a week ago I've been stressed out & getting barley sleep & ive been having anxiety!! , I started to notice that my chest been hurting on my left side where my heart is .. kinda above my breast & under my collarbone area ' kinda feels like persure & feels like I gotta breath in & out . I seen a doctor & he told me it was anxiety!? . Has anyone else had this before? What seem to help?

Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I am so sorry for your loss u are under severe stress right now loosing your mom i think its anxiety causing it. If it makes u feel better have some test done and once again im so sorry for your loss prayers are with you at this time.

• Thank you , I'm trying to stay positive because I have a little one & im scared I've been so stressed out that I did something to my heart that's why I hate over thinking cause it causing my anxiety to come in

• Hi Briannafaye1, I am so very sorry about the loss of your mother. Nothing is as heart wrenching as the loss of a parent. I have had what you are explaining in the same location. If your doctor said it's anxiety, trust in him. It sounds like a broken heart over your loss. Time will help you heal, not forget, but heal. Meanwhile it might help to see a therapist regarding "grieving" or read books on the grieving process. I think you will find you are not alone. We all grieve at one time or another, in our own way. x

• Thank you so much💕 Means a lot , do you mind me asking how was your pain? And how long did it last ?

• Mine was more like a quivering feeling just below the left collarbone. I knew it wasn't my heart per se but the arteries that were so over stimulated that they quivered, almost like a pressure feeling. Very unpleasant.

• Yes mine too kinda like someone pushed on it or something, how long did yours last?

• Overthinking sucks i do that alot of times too how are you feeling now?

• Trying my best to not think of it , thank you

• No problem

You may also like...