Hey Guys!!! I had a thought so I would like to hear what you guys think.   I used to absolutely love going to my group therapy when I was younger.  I always felt so much better after the group met.   What do you guys think about having our own group therapy session like on Skype?  I have never used Skype but I am sure it's not hard to do.  I know you can have like 6 people or something on the line.  I know this is our group therapy here and it's great, but just crossed my mind.   Give me some feedback!!!!!!!:)))))))))

9 Replies

• Do you mean online Group Therapy with the members of this Forum, I wasn't quite sure what you mean? 

• Yes, exactly.   im going to check into it to see the best way to go about it.  I think it would be great.

• This sounds good to me

• Hello

I am not sure what I think , I do think it is wise though meeting anyone on line to get to know them well before you take that relationship further but that is just my view 

Good luck with it if you set it up though :-) x

• Oh I didn't mean to meet in person.  I was talking about like a group online therapy meeting.....

• I know you didn't mean in person :-D

I meant even to give your personal details away from the Community for me personally I would have to get to know them very well first and I would presume those would be needed to set up something like this ?

We are all different though I suppose I am a very cautious person but it has always served me well :-) x

• Sounds like a great idea ! I recommended an application called Zoom. It's 10 dollars per month and is excellent for group conversations. I really think active words of support and encouragement could help a lot more than just reading on a forum.

• Hey AC! I think the idea is terrific, so if/when it goes ahead, please do count me in. I've often thought of this myself but logistically am not sure how to go about it.

Reading the supportive words of the lovely folks here is terrific, but to me, there's nothing quite like hearing and seeing someone who is experiencing similar concerns. Speaking for myself, having anxiety and/or depression can be the loneliest thing in the world 💔

• Great, it seems as though we have a few people interested in doing our online group therapy.  Will be doing more research on best way to go forward!  

You may also like...