The garden

I once had a garden filled with flowers that grew only on dark thoughts, but they needed my constant attention. So, I fed those flowers and fruits with dark thoughts. Then they blossomed and bloomed until my garden resided in chaos. I would ask people to help tend my garden, unaware that I was asking them to help feed turmoil, which resulted in a major pushback between myself and others and superficial relationships. I was sad noone else liked what I thought was hard work. I took a deeper look at my garden, and realized the chaos and turmoil that I made my home was damaging my freedom and hurting those I tried to pull down with me into my garden. So, I pulled all of the flowers out from their roots, emptied out the garden completely, laid new soil, breaking my home (the garden) so I can replant flowers with color that feed on positivity.

Maybe we all have a dark place where dark thoughts, inward anger, self hatred, dark memories, dreams or whatever live, but it doesn't have to become who we are nor the basis of what we feed our hearts and minds.

3 Replies

• Very well said I so know where your words are coming from.

• Thank you so much, beautiful! Ir's so easy to get caught up in negativity and so hard to pull yourself out of it, but it can be done and it's so worth it.

• What an interesting concept of feeding into negative thoughts and what it produces.

I'm glad to see you started anew and use positive imagery to plant the seed that will

get you well. Good job.

You may also like...