light at the end of the tunnel!

Hi as previous posts.....

i have been up and down but after a lot of thought i have stopped the propranolol and on have taken diazapam once..

And took it apon myself to enquire about cognitive behavioural therapy..

made an appointment for an assessment..

went along awful waiting room was just tiny no windows..so yeah thought i was gonna freak but i held my own..

The man asked me to fill in questionnaire in front of him as to how iv'e been feeling over the last 2 weeks.

like my thoughts etc.

he wasn't concerned that i would harm myself or others. but when it calculated my anxiety come back severe also my panic came back severe which i wasn't surprised at so basically i start my therapy on the 27th

fingers crossed..

plus i have felt so much better over the past couple of days lets hope it continues!!

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • onward and upwards eh, so pleased you feel bit better, let I

us know how you get on. x

• So pleased for you.

I've battled with this for nearly 40 years. I didn't have access to the Internet then and was in the grip of fear for so long. I'm convinced now that I haven't got completely better because I didn't receive the right treatment.

I now realise what it is. It has a name!

Already feeling calmer & going to have CBT and relaxation techniques and talking therapy from a previous sufferer.

I know now that I can recover from this and I will get better. Sharing this problem does help although it's taken me a long time to talk about it.

Good luck with your treatment.

You can banish this thing and get on with your life

God bless

• Well done Powsey1984 for not just sitting around doing nothing but actually getting an appointment arranged and having an open mind when you do attend it. Well done! U never know if something will work for you unless you try it eh?

You may also like...