New to the group

Hello, I am new and hope I can get some help here. I started my issues back in Nov and have been struggling since, I get thoughts that are scary and ones I would never act on but then it seems me into panic and anxiety attacks, or I will start feeling like a attacking is coming and then the thoughts pop up and here we go. I am seeing help but sometimes it is not enough. I am a 38 year old male.

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Classic signs of Anxiety. First thing get a medical diagnosis. I know it sounds hard but try not to fight the attacks. Use deep breathing techniques and try and relax your body. I am getting through my attack and feeling a bit better everyday. Make sure people around you are aware and get support. You will get there and your not alone. Keep posting it helps

• hi finfan sorry to see your a

having so many problems ! i can relate to them i myself have had anxiety and depression for several years made worse by a brain bleed i had 2 years ago ! the scary thoughts can be really scary i get tgem all the time i try to think of something nice to combat them it doesnt all ways work ! have you tried to seek help from your doctor dont be embarrised as anxiety is relatively common and treatable ! take care and good luck david !

• You are not your thoughts.....

We panick when we engage and take on board our negative thoughts.....they are only thoughts

See it as you are standing on a railway platform and a negative thought train comes in, just don,t get on it, just laugh and say sorry I,m waiting on a positive train......ignore your negative thoughts it is just the way you feel at present....it will always pass..

• Hey. Panic and anxiety are hellish know. I get them all the time. I don't fight it. I acknowledge it, and try to n other things as I let the anxiety take its course. Also, a good breathing techniques also does help. Practise it daily even when not anxious because you need to regulate your breathing until it comes naturally.

I strongly urge people with anxiety to get their hands on a book by Dr Claire Weeks, 'Self Help for Your Nerves'. It's an oldish book, but in all honesty, it's fantastic. Follow her instructions and you won't go wrong. Best wishes.

You may also like...