Forever feel like I can't breath and my heart is racing

Everyday I feel like I'm going to die my heart is constantly racing always in the 90 or 100s I take antentol for my palpatations and it don't seem to help! My doctor just fed up with me now. I get this choking feeling also like I can't get enough oxygen. I really don't wanna feel like this no more I'm only 19 just want my life back. Everyday I feel like I'm just going to drop dead and everyone just getting sick of me

Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I have had this all my life, i wish a doctor could feel this anxiety and know what its like, its a living hell. I sympathise with you completely, i am 67 and believe me your heart will not stop but it is very distressing. Do you take something for your anxiety? Doctors don,t seem very sympathetic for the likes of us!

• Hi there Kaylala - I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through this. Like delithnmck1 said, your heart will not stop (though I understand it certainly feels that way!) - it's such a resilient organ. I was going to suggest asking your doctor about Beta-Blockers until I looked up Antentol and found that it is actually one. I have taken Propranolol (also a beta-blocker) in the past and found it helped tremendously with the palpitations.

Perhaps ask about switching to an alternative Beta-Blocker and see if that helps?

Wishing you all the best x

• Also, and this may not be of much use if the palpitations are constant, but breathing exercises or regular meditation may also ease you a little bit. There's lots about both on the internet - might sound a bit 'hippy' but everything is worth at least one go! x

• Hello delithnmck1 yes it's horrible ain't it Iv had aniexty for 6 months now and feels like iv had it for a life time I just want it to go away

• I am on anti depressants called mirtizinpine. Been on them for about 3weeks b1990, my heart rate is so fast all the time just scared I'm going to die soon

• Hi kaylala .. regardless of my anxiety state my heart is always in the 90s (im a hyper gal by nature :) and most of the time I don't even feel it. But there are times when I get palpitations n I get that thump in my chest that I then freak out a bit.. it scares me.. even though it never last long maybe a second or two. . ive had them on n off since i was 18.. im now 34 and I'm still here. . I don't know why I let them still scare me. . I guess in my head its just what of this is the one that does me in.. but I've been through all the test n my heart is fine. Just know your foing to be fine.. dont let anxietys trick scare u thats what it wants. Your not alone in this. . And just knowing that should make u feel a bit better ;-)

• Hello Sam , yeh I know it's scary all the time my hearts beating fast. Just scared I'm going to die! Had this aniexty for about 6months just wish it will go away, I'm a constant worrier

• I know ur post is old

But have u had your thyroid checked?

You may also like...