Since April of 2006- feeling awful day in day out

I cant sit and watch tv in the eve. Cars have become an issue for me more and more.

So I get a pressure in my head(upper foreheadĺ. It makes me feel like I am going to lose touch of reality, go crazy sometimes. It is devastating each and every day of my life.

While I am driving I constantly stay to the far right because I have the urge to stop quickly and get out of the car. My head feels like a bobblehead.. I have fleeting thoughts while driving for example turning the wheel of my car to crash etc..

I have never had any mental health issues before and feel I am a fairly happy well adjusted person.

I am so over this every day and need to figure out something.. Is it an allergy related issue? Anxiety? Am I going bananas?

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • HI Kali x I don't think your bananas no x as that would mean we are all here and lets face it they aint much use lol x Has something happened to you in the last few months or year even involving a car?? It certainly seems you have some anxiety issues but they seem to revolve around the car issue which is why I ask, sometimes we can attach the way we fell to a certain point , if we have a accident or we know someone who may of suffered due to one, it can become a worry that it may happen to us and therefore, we get anxious about it and the more we overthink the situation the more we fear it x I would maybe consider going to your gp and asking for someone you could maybe speak to , therpay etc xx Sorry I could,nt be much help x Donver xx

• Thanks and counseling is always an option.. i dont however think i have any car related phobia. My head gets pressure when i get in and continues to manifest into weird thoughts and although not worried about crashing or hurting others, it does feel weird.

• Intrusive thoughts are completely normal, we all have them but yours seem to be really affecting your life do I highly recommend you confide in your gp. The gp will probably suggest seeing a therapist. I've just started seeing one and it's so lovely to talk freely to a stranger. She is so supportive and helpful.

You may also like...