Having a rough time of it

Hi everyone haven't been around for a while,however I'm having a horrid time with anxiety. I'm guessing its the time of year,it's the anniversary of loosing my dear mum on Saurday three years ago. Can't believe 3 years have passed and I miss her terribly,I feel like life isn't real and I've lost my rock. Christmas has been tainted unfortunately for me. Soon as I hear Christmas songs or see the adverts it sets me off. Am trying to be cheerful for my two teenagers buts its so hard. I really feel awful. I feel so isolated because of my illness too. I honestly feel quite hopeless. The main thing that keeps me going is my kids,thank goodness I have them but the anxiety is just horrible.

Skip

Featured Content

Anxiety affects us all

Come and join our community. Get advice and support on thousands of topics around anxiety.

Take a look!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi

There has been quite a few members going through what you are at the moment

So many round this time of the year missing loved ones & struggling to cope

I lost my Mum 10 years ago now was in October & every time the Anniversary comes it is still painful & I miss her so much

I think what she would be saying if she was still here & in my heart she still is

I also relate when you have kids it does help you to keep going , even though mine are grown up I no they still need me

When I put my tree up at Christmas I have a little silver bell , takes pride of place & that represents my Mum , I look at it & as well as having a few tears which can be a release to let the emotions out , I also feel comfort as I am still doing things to keep her memory alive

You do find a way to learn to live with this & it gets easier with time & remember they live on through us , no one can ever take that away

Love

whywhy

xxx

• Hi.

Anniversaries of a lost loved one are always a sad occasion but even more so at this time of year, instead of dwelling on the loss try and remember good times when you were all together I have found it helps. I am sure you will have a nice Christmas and you know your mum will be watching over you.

Kenny xxxx

You may also like...