Night anixety, what the best way to beat it!

Hello everyone.

I started getting panicky when going to bed, my mind goes into over drive and think and worry about the littlest of things. Which then i start to shake and takes me a

While to get settled down go sleep. I worry now that im not getting enough sleep and this is happening every night now.

Has anyone got any advice on how to beat it, i will be much appricated!

Amzi x

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • have you tried having a warm bath, drink of warm milk or horlicks?

maybe take a notebook and write down your worries to look at the next day.

sandra.

• This brings it all back to me as well.

One piece of good advice my husband gave to me was (even if I couldn't sleep, just relax, don't worry about not being able to sleep). I would hear him snoring away in seconds. This went on for some time, but gradually I found I would sleep, maybe only a nap, but it was something at least. Gradually it got better.

I know it's easy to say don't worry, but when this spirals it is not easy.

You will get there. xx

• Hi Am,

The best way to beat anxiety is not get into a fight with it, or try to run away from it. If you do either of these things you are perpetuating what anxiety is a fight/flight reaction, observe the sensations in as detatched a way as possible, whilst relaxing as much as possible.

I send my anxiety loving thoughts, I know it sounds wierd, but what is the opposite of anxiety, fear, disolve it will loving kindness, and here's a link to how to find that in yourself.

wildmind.org/blogs/on-pract...

You could try some relaxation cd's to get you to relax whilst in bed as well, I use them and they do help.

As henige says.

Anything that helps you relax, slow down, and not react to these feelings.

wishing you well

Bxxxx

• Mirtazipine puts the worst of us to sleep! :)

You may also like...