YOU'RE AN ARTIST.... YOU'VE BEEN GIVE... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

65,747 members โ€ข 64,249 posts

YOU'RE AN ARTIST.... YOU'VE BEEN GIVEN ALL THE TOOLS YOU NEED. WHAT WILL YOU CREATE?

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child
โ€ข231 Replies

ART.

Art is an extension of yourself.

Your feelings, emotions,

๐ŸŽจIt helps us express our feelings, including the one's we may be experiencing now, before the holiday's. Art is a beautiful way to get those feelings out by creating with simple tools and colors. There are many ways to get those feelings out, Art is a fun, imaginative way.๐ŸŽจ

What will you create...Art consists of:

street, mural, pottery, canvas, pencil , market, paints, chalk, pastels , crayons,

I started taking Art lessons at 10 then realized you don't need lessons. It's not perfection and there's no rules.

231 Replies
โ€ข

Imagination, not perfection, no rules

ART ๐ŸŽจ

I would create a butterfly plate again ๐Ÿ˜Š that was so fun to make

Butterfly plate that I made โ˜บ๏ธ
Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Hb2003

Butterfly's are so beautiful๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿฆ‹ Beautiful Hiba. Enjoy. It sounds like lots of fun. ๐Ÿ–Œ๏ธ

That is a beautifully created plate! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

LC ๐ŸŒ›โค๏ธ

Xx

Hb2003 profile image
Hb2003 in reply to Luna_Child

I agree โ˜บ๏ธ Thank you ๐Ÿ™ itโ€™s a lot of fun

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Hb2003

It is! I'm having a blast painting rocks and it wasn't expensive and came with the rocks ๐Ÿชจ๐Ÿ–Œ๏ธ

๐ŸŒ›โค๏ธ

Xx

That sounds fun. I might try it!

๐Ÿคฃ๐ŸคฃProbably an absolute mess unless my garden can be counted as art. I am pretty good at plant containers and hanging baskets.

Yes! Definitely Art. It's creating. Creativity. Art is so many things. It's not a mess though it's Art. You're interpretation of your garden because it's not the way you want it yet is a mess.....it's beauty. ๐Ÿก๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐ŸŒพYou're Art and gardens are full of beautiful flowers & plants.

LC ๐ŸŒ›โค๏ธ

Xx

Thanks, we do actually have a very beautiful garden.

See it's beautiful and it's your handiwork. Your creation โค๏ธ๐ŸŽจ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐ŸŒพ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿก

Brig57 profile image
Brig57 in reply to Luna_Child

will

someone

pleeeeeeeeese

listen to LC- put her**** in charge/give her**** the microphone not these idiot doctors.........

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Brig57

Thank you Brig! You're very considerate and sympathetic.

I'm going to paint my rocks. I bought a painting rocks set from Amazon and I'm going to add creativity with kindness and put a rock in each gift and leave the leftovers on doorsteps of my neighborhood. I'm turning it into kindness.

Rock painting. Enlarge image Look at bottom left of box it says Just for kids...NOT
MadBunny profile image
MadBunny in reply to Luna_Child

What a lovely idea. And we never stop being kids at heart ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฐ

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to MadBunny

Don't ever stop being a kid. Seriously when I go to the park I hit the swings

Brig57 profile image

willl

someone pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

listen to LC

and appt her director of all the hospitals

fire these inhuman doctofrs or staff...........

Brig57 profile image

Love it

Blueruth profile image
Blueruth in reply to Luna_Child

During the lockdown some kids painted rocks and put the Around a ๐ŸŒฒ in the open space.

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Blueruth

That's really nice! โค๏ธ๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿ˜Š

Brig57 profile image

soooooooo inspiring............

Luna_Child profile image

Yes indeed

Brig57 profile image

Love it

Ten ways

Also

Freedom

I'd like to sidewalk chalk my sidewalk. I would probably do something holiday but I don't know until my butt hits the ground to start drawing. Maybe Be Kind, Smile, etc... and Hopscotch. Ok I'm 58 but I'd love to play Hopscotch. I could draw a funky cool Hopscotch board on the ground.

Brig57 profile image

lc- remember the chalk art in Mary Poppins? and going for imaginary rides..................doctors are soooooooooooooooooo clueless...

Luna_Child profile image

Yes love chalk art.

Wow hop scotch, that takes me back lol

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Arymretep

Why not? Wanna play?

Who wants to play Hopscotch? ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š
Arymretep profile image
Arymretep in reply to Luna_Child

Yes, but donโ€™t think my knees would stand it now at 73 ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿคฃ

Luna_Child profile image

I had a knee replacement in 2013. I am 58 now. So we'll call it walk scotch lol ๐Ÿคฃ. I'll end up falling but why not. We can make up our own rules

MadBunny profile image

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Luna_Child profile image

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Brig57 profile image

willl

someone pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese

put LC in charge????

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!

MadBunny profile image
MadBunny in reply to Arymretep

Nor mine.

Luna_Child profile image

We'll Walk- Scotch., Crawl- Scotch, whatever it takes to get to the next square!

MadBunny profile image

๐ŸคฃI could shuffle along on my bottom ๐Ÿคฃ

Luna_Child profile image

There you go! ๐Ÿ˜ŠLove it

MadBunny profile image

But then that would probably rub the chalk off ๐Ÿคฃ

Luna_Child profile image

No it's pretty thick chalk

MadBunny profile image

It would need to be the size of my butt ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃ

Luna_Child profile image

Oh you're silly girl. No worries it's about fun fun fun and who says we can't do what children do. They fall get scabs we fall we're in the ER ๐Ÿคฃfunny not funny ๐Ÿคฃ

MadBunny profile image

Of course we can ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃ

Luna_Child profile image

True ๐Ÿ˜Š

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Luna_Child

๐Ÿค• ๐Ÿจ๐Ÿฅ Luna you are so funny ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Zara0123

Thank you. โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘€

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Luna_Child

โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š

Luna_Child profile image

๐Ÿค—๐Ÿคฃ

Arymretep profile image
Arymretep in reply to Luna_Child

No fun if I break my leg ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿคฃ

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to MadBunny

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Luna_Child profile image

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Brig57 profile image
Brig57 in reply to MadBunny

get a cart like for under cars /ish..........lc is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo right arm-

insufficient vit FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF (fun freinds, flavor to life etc)

Thatโ€™s impossible to answer. You are missing the work โ€œpatienceโ€. Today I would say a monumental tapestry because that is what I am doing. I only have skill and time for mini tapestries. It is definitely a skill. Here is the one in progress.

Weaving in progress on a loom.
Luna_Child profile image

Beautiful work in progress! โค๏ธ You're correct, I left out patience for certain projects. I meant for this to be a project that's not stressful , for one to let go and purge their feelings and enjoy. To reduce stress for the holidays. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Blueruth profile image
Blueruth in reply to Luna_Child

For stress I am into little fountain pen and ink drawings of silly characters and doodles. Last year I took an online course on drawing characters. I have found that not being able to erase actually takes away the pressure to "get it right". There is no finished product. Just something to make you smile. If you are mad at your boss you can make them into a silly character in a rain shower and get your silly character cat to chase them.

Luna_Child profile image

That's a really great art activity Blueruth . You not being able to erase hinders the "idea" of perfection. I like that. Very therapeutic. I'm going to give that a try. Thank you for sharing that awesome idea

Brig57 profile image

(lc- u come across loud and clear- a liberator ******* not a critic not a controller not a whatever those clinical frigs are

some people allow the most senstive to come out of their shells

and some shut them down.............the second they walk on the floors

we all know it

they dont realize how much they broadcast

and how others

light up the room................allowing ness

safe with LC to create anything....................soooo masssive massive massive (st judesness)

Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to Blueruth

Do you keep all your work? Is it hard to part with it?

Blueruth profile image
Blueruth in reply to Isinatra

Funny you should ask! Iโ€™m in the process of massive scale down.I was at a seminar and when I did a little presentation I made the mistake of saying something about โ€œthrow away workโ€. The facilitator gave me such a hard time right thereโ€ฆyou need to keep EVERYTHING! No doubt that is possible in her big New England farmhouse! Now I have all these journals I feel guilty about getting rid of.

Isinatra profile image

You might regret getting rid of them. Does the facilitator have room in that big house for yours? Or take pictures of your favorites pages before you get rid of them? I used to make stained glass pieces and gave them all away. I should have taken pics of them. I could kick myself.

Blueruth profile image
Blueruth in reply to Isinatra

I take pictures. I have all my beginning efforts. I would like to hang them as a sort of collage on my wall for a little while. Some are scattered around as coasters. This adorable one is exactly the perfect size to put my remote on (which actually works to keep you from losing the remote btw)

Mini tv remote tapestry
Isinatra profile image

Prettyโ€ฆโ€ฆit makes me think of the time when there were no machines to make everything. Drapes, clothes, carpet, linensโ€ฆ.so much hand work.

Luna_Child profile image

Very ๐Ÿ‘ nice Blueruth

lovemydoggy profile image
lovemydoggy in reply to Blueruth

Ooh, I like that.

Im making a painting of my boyfriend so i can give it to him on christmas. Ill show it to yall when i finish it

I can't wait to see it! Are you enjoying painting it or is is stressful?

Darklight_465 I love your background on your profile!

Thank you very much I took long to decide which one I wanted to put

I bet. โค๏ธ

Yes I enjoy painting is my escape from reality. So I let creativity and inspiration lead the way.

Art work is definitely an escape

I love the part about not being perfect, childhood trauma says I should be perfect, im trying to teach myself, there is no โ€œperfectโ€.

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Foxfur

I agree wholeheartedly ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’ž

There is no such thing as perfection. It's a state of mind that sets someone up to think and be a certain way.

Good โ˜๏ธ point

Foxfur ๐Ÿ˜Šโค๏ธ

Art is many things
Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Foxfur

Perfection only existing the minds of those who put it there

You are amazing

Very true.

Agree,๐Ÿ‘

lovemydoggy in reply to Foxfur

I agree. Sometimes the imperfections lead me in a different direction. Some of my paintings just look messy, but that's how I saw it in my head. Some imperfections sort of make the painting.

They're not messy they're creative

Brig57 profile image

the canvas has no biasesthe canvas is yours

the canvas is freeeeeeeeeedom...................as LC is brillinantly saying..................im just jump;ing up and down about what she doing.

Luna_Child profile image

You are so creative Brig. ๐ŸŽจ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ–Œ๏ธ๐Ÿชฅโค๏ธ

Here's a messy looking creative one. One of my favorite ones tho.

Color abstract city.

That's a gorgeous creation. I don't see messy at all. Can you see what I see?

Yes, as I said it's one of my favorites. I love the colors and it's how I see things. Askew, imperfect, but beautiful and bright bright and colorful. However, it's funny how some people react to the paintings I've done. This one has gotten some strange looks. I don't know color theory and never took lessons. I just like to paint. Gets me out of my head. I'm a big proponent of just trying something. Coloring, working with clay, play dough, even old fashion blocks and Legos. I used to paint picture frames and use a string and and swirl it around. That was lots of fun. Anyone who believes they have no creativity is wrong.

If you saw it in your head that way it's not messy it's your creation. ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽจโค๏ธ๐Ÿ–ผ๏ธAren't we all our own critics? We all need to let go of that little voice in our heads.

Yep. I didn't want people to see it, but I showed some friends anyway and there were mixed responses. At least they were too polite say it was awful. Some loved it. Bottom line, it's my creation and even if I think it's bad it belongs to me. I don't put those on my walls tho๐Ÿ˜….

Oh, I am proud of myself for getting up the nerve to show it. Don't know if I have the nerve to post the one I almost threw

out. My son named it Abomination, which is appropriate. He has it in his room. It was supposed to be a pretty a kitty. It's not. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

In the spirit of overcoming my insecurity. This is "Abomination" saved from the trash and named aptly by my son.

Color painting

lovemydoggy anyone who appreciates Art in all it's form will never down your work. I think this piece is beautiful. I may start framing some of mine.

Really? It certainly wasn't what I was going for, but I'm glad to know you like it. Also, proud of myself for posting it. I think you should frame yours. I have canvases hanging all over my house. I love painting owls. That's what I've done the most. You should surround yourself with your favorite pieces!

Brig57 profile image
Brig57 in reply to Foxfur

(impressionism...........many forms of art and music as LC is totally thrillingly right about..............accurate paint in but one form........LC is absolutely spot on...................art is expression of that artists..............she ...........is the only one in the ......................who gets it.............

remember Peales painting of washington is only half done..............

or is it?

Luna_Child profile image

Thank you my friend, Brig. ๐Ÿ–Œ๏ธ๐ŸŽจ๐Ÿ–ผ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘โค๏ธ

I love color in my Art

Quote by Vincent Van Gogh

Me too, bright and bold color.

๐Ÿ‘ you definitely have control over which colors you use and as I mentioned above do whatever you like. Make it splash and yell color

This is one of my creations

Crochet throw
Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to Arymretep

Cozy and pretty.

Luna_Child profile image

Very nice. Beautiful work. My mom made several Afghans which are mine now.

Brig57 profile image

freedom freedome freedom freedome freeeeeedom .........let the bells ring ..........freeeedom ...........LC - im doing back flips soooo impressed and sooooo

freeeeeee dom............no critics allowed

LC and comparny in charge..............doctors..........hit the road..........

Luna_Child profile image

Hit the road docs, and don't you come back no more no more no more no more..Definitely I see your point with some doctors and nurses.

Brig57 profile image

I ve worked with phenomenal surgeons in vet med that had great greatest real people skills

Then into human

I tried to respect them

U get called x. Fir that

If u critique or crticisuze thatโ€™s wrong

If u used metaphors or creative language

They are confrontive

Since when is a horse a violin

Etc

Like they know better

I dint pretend to understand these confrontational literalists in worlds of creative people all walk of life

I canโ€™t and wonโ€™t try to communicate with confrontational non listening people

Art music creative as an anthropogistd is since dawn of time Decorating walls pots

Etc. All past the utilitarian

Fancy spear heads purely ceremonial etc

Itโ€™s all in us and all learned people know words are but one form of combination. Such as dance or myths or

But thatโ€™s culture which literalists dint seem to know snyging about

I applaud and applaud the arts. As cowboys bern singing the tie herds to sleep sunce time and all religious groups havd music

Seems doctors are so far ahead to themselves they desciverinv ancietnt since ancient truths

Boats were towed steady by beat of from many ways to commjnatec

Luna_Child profile image

Thanks for sharing Brig dear friend. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Šโค๏ธ

Brig57 profile image

Looooooooooooooooove

What ur doing

So many places thd nurses have to say

Keep quiet and go along with the doctor

Thatโ€™s oppression

Brig57 profile image

To be fair. Not all doctors or nurses

Just take off the title and participate

Not

Be literalists or confrontational

A place for science

A place for the arts

Coloring has been a thing for me, lately. Mostly water/alcohol based markers.

I have no idea what sheโ€™s doing with the brush in her hand.
Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Isinatra

Love to color. Great stress relief. Sometimes I use totally "different from the norm" colors like green hair etc .it makes for more interesting pictures. Who says it's wrong?

Shnookie profile image
Shnookie in reply to Isinatra

Love the picture and green is one of my favorite colors.

Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to Shnookie

Thank you, Shnookie. I thought the color was appropriate for the time. But as Luna_Child mentioned, I want to cut loose and use fantasy colors for more fun. Coloring can be anything you want. Itโ€™s for personal enjoyment, not to create a Rembrandt. Although, Iโ€™ve seen some coloring that is pretty close.

Shnookie profile image

I like your artistic perspective.

Isinatra profile image

๐Ÿ˜Š

Shnookie profile image

U go girl

Isinatra profile image

Lol

Shnookie profile image

Put a smile on my face

Luna_Child profile image

Yes there are no rules no concept of perfection unless you're crocheting etc to sell or give things as gifts. Have fun go crazy. ๐ŸŽจโค๏ธ

Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to Luna_Child

Exactly. When I first started coloring, I showed a finished project to an old friend. I just wanted him to say it was pretty and instead he started critiquing it. I donโ€™t show him anymore projects. Itโ€™s my world, my thing and I like it, right?

Luna_Child profile image

Oh no no no NO ๐Ÿ˜•. I can't stand when people criticize. Art is positive. ๐ŸŽจ

Isinatra profile image

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Luna_Child profile image

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

Brig57 profile image

Sooooo love what ur doing

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Shnookie

Blue ๐Ÿ”ต๐Ÿ’™

Shnookie profile image
Shnookie in reply to Luna_Child

Beautiful royal blue

Luna_Child profile image

Nice Shnookie. I love Baby Blue ๐Ÿ”ต

Shnookie profile image

In the 1960โ€™s my mommy had a baby blue straight cut mini dress with an attached velvet chocolate brown scarf. To me she was so stylish

Luna_Child profile image

I can picture that back in the day

Painting her leg by the looks of it lol.

Isinatra profile image

Lol I was afraid of that. Pretty radical for the twenties.

Shnookie profile image

dresses were of different lengths in the 1920โ€™s. The flappers who did the Charleston usually wore shorter dresses. It was part of the age of

Prohibition and bathtub gin

Luna_Child profile image

I did not know that. Shnookie I'm learning a lot from you. Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Šโค๏ธ

Shnookie profile image

Of course.

Luna_Child profile image

๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘โค๏ธ

Shnookie profile image

Thank U

Luna_Child profile image

Thank you Shnookie โค๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

Isinatra profile image

I watched a series on cableโ€ฆEmpire Boardwalk..all about prohibition days. Great costumes and history. I ate it up.

Shnookie profile image

Funny U mention this show. My ex boyfriend created and was the producer of this show.

Isinatra profile image

Way! Too much! Youโ€™re ex probably benefited from your own knowledge, too. That series was a winner in my book.

Shnookie profile image

We had broken up years b 4. However he was a prolific reader and we went to museums together. He loved the art

Luna_Child profile image

Get outta here! ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽฅ๐ŸŽฌ

Shnookie profile image

We had broken up years b4. When I met him he had come to Los Angeles from NY was a lawyer and wanted to Erie for TV and movies. Classic Los Angeles story. But he was tenacious and became more than a wanna be writer. He also wrote and directed for the Sopranos. When I knew him years earlier he was a staff writer for various TV shows

Luna_Child profile image

Sounds extremely talented ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

Shnookie profile image

He was bright and creative

Luna_Child profile image

WOW

Isinatra profile image

The Sopranosโ€ฆ.geeze.๐Ÿ˜

Shnookie profile image

Truth be known I really wasnโ€™t a viewer of the Sopranos, but I read somewhere about his involvement with the show and kept tabs on his career.

Luna_Child profile image

That was an interesting period in time

Luna_Child profile image

Very creative Bella

Thanks Bella. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Luna_Child profile image

Yes pretty cool

During the war the woman couldnโ€™t get stockings so they used to paint the seam up the back of their legs , donโ€™t know if they did it in the twenties ๐Ÿค”

Isinatra profile image

Maybe it was the forties. She needs more practice drawing a straight line though.

Luna_Child profile image

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

Luna_Child profile image

Really? To make it look like they were wearing stockings I suppose. Were they not supposed to be without stockings?

Shnookie profile image
Shnookie in reply to Arymretep

Women in the U.S. supposedly also painted their legs to give the illusion of silk hose as well.

Isinatra profile image

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

Shnookie profile image

My mommy was a young girl during WW II. There was so much rationing of materials due to war efforts that there was no bubble gum for the kids to

Chew

Isinatra profile image

Oh, no. ๐Ÿ™

Shnookie profile image

Seriously something in the creation of the gum. During the war effort, people had books of ration stamps to purchase their basic food needs

Luna_Child profile image

No way. Major bummer ๐Ÿ˜•

Shnookie profile image

Unfortunately so

Luna_Child profile image

Ahhhh interesting info.

I tried my hand at painting about 3 years ago. Here is my Christmas one. I always have enjoyed the holidays. ๐ŸŽ„

Christmas Cat
Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to lovemydoggy

Lovely!

Very nice painting. ๐Ÿ–Œ๏ธโค๏ธ lovemydoggy

My daughter bought me a paint by number set, last Christmas, but honestly I am completely useless and don't have a single artistic bone in my body, I used to crochet but gave up on that as my brain can't follow the patterns now. So I love looking at works of art and am in awe of those whose expertise is just so inspiring, but I don't see the point in trying something you're destined to fail at.

Shnookie profile image
Shnookie in reply to sobs1962

I totally understand what U mean. I have no traditional artistic talent. However years ago, I belonged to various museums in Los Angeles. It was interesting going to the opening night receptions. I was also a docent at the Getty Museum inthe Bellaire section of Los Angeles. I enjoyed interacting with adults and children from all walks of life.

Luna_Child profile image

Most folks have no traditional artistic talent. It's coming from within your soul. You absolutely are talented and creative you just have to reverse your thought pattern that art is definitely not perfection and there are no rules ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Šโœ๏ธ๐Ÿ–ผ๏ธ๐Ÿ’น๐Ÿ–Œ๏ธ๐ŸŽจStart with a coloring book.

Shnookie profile image

Thank U 4 your warm wishes. Iโ€™ll need to check coloring books.

Luna_Child profile image

You can get lots in the dollar stores or download pictures from Pinterest. I have coloring pages on my Pinterest profile.

Shnookie profile image

Thank U so much for the info

Isinatra profile image

If you find you like coloring (it ainโ€™t what it used to be), Amazon has such an array of books to choose from it will make your head spin. Markers, too.There are even books of presidents, past and present. (If youโ€™re in to navy blue)โ˜บ๏ธ

Shnookie profile image

How cool ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Luna_Child profile image

Yes aren't they ๐Ÿ‘ awesome? I've got some on Friends & Seinfeld but I want to branch out. I'll have to see if they have a President Lincoln coloring book. Thanks for the info Bella. I love the skinny crayons or markers.

Isinatra profile image

Yup. There are books about Abe, too. The tiny tipped markers are good for detail work. You can incorporate markers, pens, crayons and pens all in the same project for different effects.

Luna_Child profile image

Must get one about Abe.

Luna_Child profile image

You're welcome. Pinterest is free to sign up and get your own page. There are loads of pictures to download.

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to sobs1962

sobs1962 So, you're feeling that you don't have the ability to feel like you can paint by number as perfectly as you'd like? Let me suggest that you start simply. This is to become more comfortable with the process of art to increase your level of security. You start off with paper and crayons and doodle and scribble. No rules. No perfection possible with any art work unless you're selling intricate works by crocheting etc ...then I'd like you to spend 5 minutes a time period doing your color by number. Give Art a chance. Beautiful things can happen. ๐Ÿ–Œ๏ธ๐Ÿ’น๐Ÿ–ผ๏ธโœ๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

Brig57 profile image
Brig57 in reply to sobs1962

Iโ€™ll bet u I could teach u

I learned painting with numbers kit too

Is a system of seeing shades from dark to light like training wheels

I was horrible but if one slowly practices or does fun stuff like anyting or playing music

Leave the complicated and practice the fun to gain experience and confidence

Most is repetion

I use lots of reference photos

Most people say they arenโ€™t artistic but they mean off the top of their head

Thatโ€™s only a myth

Most artists use props and photos etc

Just get trained

Wonโ€™t push but Iโ€™ll bet u anything with

Some instruction

Ud be surprised

I bombed a million times til I was 40

sobs1962 profile image
sobs1962 in reply to Brig57

Unfortunately, due to my severe mental health problems, I am a perfectionist and I have a "either do it perfectly or not at all " attitude, in therapy now, but don't know if that will help with this view. My art teacher at school wanted me to take art as an exam subject, but I know I would have failed miserably if I had and I avoid failure like the plague as have a very low opinion of myself and have had since childhood. If I do a paint by number picture, I know I'll expect myself to be perfect, it really is a curse and has blighted my life, so sorry, just not a positive person ๐Ÿ˜ข.

Brig57 profile image
Brig57 in reply to sobs1962

Then

Make it work

Ur way

Take all the time u need

Til itโ€™s perfect

U have thirty years

Go

Itโ€™s yur

Painting

We use counselors bu

They dint make the decisions on our projects

Sorry but they are counselors

If u

Want it perfect

Make it so

sobs1962 profile image
sobs1962 in reply to Brig57

I am not seeing a counsellor, I am in long term therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder, which has been there since childhood and changes the structure of the brain as emotional regulation hasn't developed properly in those with the disorder. I would also like to point out that I have been constantly reminded throughout my life that perfection does not exist and is impossible to achieve and those that believe it does are deluded, sorry but I have seen works of art in the Vatican, that are literally pure perfection, so I am genuinely confused.

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to sobs1962

sobs1962 then you do art on your own. Art isn't something to be graded and critiqued by someone unless you enter some contest. It's your creation and there are no rules. Art is not perfect. I've been doing it since I was 10 and I'm 58. I have never shown mine to anyone for fear of criticisms. I know there are no rules/ art isn't perfect/ lines don't have to be straight. There are so many forms of art. But that doesn't stop me. Arts an amazing way to express yourself however you want. You cannot fail at Art and you don't need a class. ๐ŸŽจ๐ŸŒˆโญ๐ŸŒž

Luna_Child profile image

Thanks for sharing Brig! ๐ŸŒžโญ๐ŸŒˆโค๏ธ

I love making a plain white canvas come alive with color.

Art is many things to me...it keeps me thinking positive and that makes me happy
Isinatra profile image

I love your choices of color.

Luna_Child profile image

Thank you I'll let the Artist know that did it lol it's not mine ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Isinatra profile image

๐Ÿ˜‚

Luna_Child profile image

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Isinatra interesting now that this subject comes up of that not being my picture. I have boatloads of art work from when I started at age 10. I'm so afraid of being criticized.

Isinatra profile image

What would you tell others if they said that to you? Right? Thereโ€™s a difference if you are creating for others or creating for yourself. Iโ€™ve learned to steer clear of people who are critical in general when I show my works. Post some favorites here and I doubt if anyone will critique them. Itโ€™s for fun and appreciation of the work that is put in to creating. Thatโ€™s what itโ€™s all about.

Luna_Child profile image

Yes I need to definitely steer clear of people who generally look and don't understand Art and the process . Being criticized sets off a giant bell that rings through my body because if being criticized growing up. I definitely have to work on it. I'd like to frame some and not say it was me and see what people say.

Brig57 profile image

((((((( thatโ€™s incredibly sad)))!

Luna_Child profile image

Yes it is. Isinatra I have always been reluctant to show any art because come from a family of Engineers. Lines, numbers etc are perfect. They have to be for patents. My dad developed a lot of Tupperware products. So they see their drawings differently...

Oh my, their drawings are quite different. The engineers I've known are not very appreciative of art. I would love to see something you've done. I understand the fear of criticism, I try to push myself past it. Easier said than done. If the mood should strike you LC post something you've painted. But I understand if it's too stressful. I know of what you speak.

Isinatra profile image

Even at my age I still have to push myself through to do certain things. If it makes you uncomfortable to share your work, then only share it when you are comfortable to do it. I think displaying your work would be an adventure. I have a drawing of Don Johnson I did in the eighties on my wall. I can only think of one person commenting on it and it was a funny comment. It was about his teeth. Iโ€™ll attempt to show you.

His t shirt should be pink
Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to Isinatra

๐Ÿ˜‚

Brig57 profile image
Brig57 in reply to Isinatra

Look great. Impressive to me

Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to Brig57

๐Ÿ˜

Luna_Child profile image

Me too!

Luna_Child profile image

I knew that was Don Johnson immediately even of you had not said. Why does his shirt have to be pink? Art has no rules daaaahhhllling

Isinatra profile image

His shirt should be pink cause he wore a lot of pastels in Miami Vice. ๐Ÿ’•

Isinatra profile image

Cute antlers. Lol

Luna_Child profile image

Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸฆŒ

lovemydoggy in reply to Isinatra

I love this. It looks just like him. ๐Ÿ‘

Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to lovemydoggy

๐Ÿ˜Š

Brig57 profile image

Helps distract me from things that plague me and canโ€™t control

My friends like lc or dolphin faux art remind me

Go do or make or read or get engaged with something whether it works out or not

Think forward and gets my mind off the past

They dint judge

They say scribble if u want or

U get the point

They are true blue friends that know how to help a guy

Ur making a cake or a project

Perfect ruin isnโ€™t the point

True friends help u change the record and

U get it

Make kites

Whatever

Thatโ€™s when u know u havd true blue friends

Do skits

Imitations

Create anything

Blanket forts

Luna_Child profile image

You're a good friend Brig. ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒ›โค๏ธ

Luna_Child profile image

Excellent description of art.

Hi! Thanks for your post! I am an artist who taught art for 15 years to high school girls. When I stopped teaching I took up watercolor. Iโ€™ve been painting on and off. Since the political landscape has been distressing to me and now with Covid in the picture I have been unable to paint. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Hi so welcome you're new here? Wow how wonderful an experience to teach art for 15 years. I did lots of Art on my own and Art therapy with adults and kids of all ages. Very therapeutic. So to relax

Iamanartist1 I'd start with a meditation or what usually relaxes you. Usually the process of painting or doing any Art relaxes you in itself. Give a shot and let us know how it goes. I think you'll breeze right into it.

Good luck ๐Ÿคž

๐ŸŒ›โค๏ธ

Xx

Thanks Luna! Yes I have a โ€œrelaxโ€ note next to my watercolor palette. I learned how important it was a long time ago. I thank you for reminding me now...

You're welcome ๐ŸŽจ๐Ÿ˜Š

brav brav- if only u were in charge or put another way- the doctors got the memo- sterile literalists who think refrigerators are the standard...........

vietnam nurse touching the wall- remembering the ones - she could not save...........
Luna_Child profile image

Thank you for sharing this very important topic Brig. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

Brig57 profile image

(Luna- Im soooooooo sorry- terrible mood killer- so wrong- my timing couldnt be more terrible...........ur right to be being upbeat an d psotive to help all of us who are already tooooo aware...........(note to self...........great job dumping this on this group of already senstive people.........most of whom are like LC- like the nurse........extermelyh caring and -------great timing there brig).................soooooo sorry

how i wish this were true for everyone here............

guardian angels
Luna_Child profile image

Brig you're never a "mood killer"โค๏ธ๐ŸŒ›๐Ÿค—

Hi everyone ๐Ÿ‘‹. I would create a beautiful nourishing living space.

Awesome buddhafull ! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘So what would be inside this nourishing space?

Cozy warm soft things

Loving it!

Sorry to interject stuff. Few computer times. What u are doing sooo brilliant

Iโ€™m the closet guy who works in art

I usually stop

So helpful to know others

Get tired of being thd freak or

Less than manly

All such stupid ignorant attitude

Soooo helpful to know others thanknu

Lc. Sorry to get so excited

Luna_Child profile image

Brig this is a soft place to land. No apologies needed. You express yourself truthfully ad I appreciate that.

What ur doing is soooo brilliant

Luna_Child profile image

I need to get another easel.

Isinatra profile image

Easel?

Luna_Child profile image

Yes

I need a new easel. It's old
Isinatra profile image

Are you thinking of starting a new project?

Luna_Child profile image

No I've always had an easel since I was young. It's just getting rickety and old

Isinatra profile image

Maybe Santa will leave one for you under the Christmas tree ๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ…๐Ÿป

Luna_Child profile image

I hope so! That'd be great! ๐ŸŽ„

โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ’•! I remember when we had support groups in person. Art was one of the activities. Something magical and amazing when we can express ourselves through art and there is no judgement. Let the movement of artwork on this thread continue!!!

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Cece321

I agree that art has no rules no perfection it's a creation that is magical (I love that you used that word). It's amazing . Art should not be critiqued. All art is amazing and unique Thank you for sharing

๐Ÿ–Œ๏ธ๐ŸŽจ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿค—๐ŸŒž๐Ÿฅฐโค๏ธ๐Ÿ–ผ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽจ๐Ÿ–Œ๏ธ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿค—

The same thing I'm creating with only $100/mo. I MMO to teach how to not treat each other like crap.

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to AltaChan

I love that idea! It's definitely needed. There are some people here who are very rude who get away with that regardless of reporting them.

AltaChan profile image
AltaChan in reply to Luna_Child

You need to fix the problem before it reaches the point that they get reported. By that point, there is nothing you can really do but pass the problem off onto someone else. It's like cockroaches by the time you see one, your house is already infested. from Daryl Davis's Klan We Talk lecture:

I've been a full-time musician traveling and performing all over this country and around the world and what I've come to find to be the greatest and most effective and successful weapon that we can use known to man to combat such adversaries as ignorance racism hatred violence is also the least expensive weapon and the one that is the least used by Americans that weapon is called communication

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to AltaChan

I agree more communication is definitely necessary. However I'm not here to fix anyone, that's their own responsibility to recognize the need and put it into action.

AltaChan profile image
AltaChan in reply to Luna_Child

I'd guessed you're not here to fix anyone. I just don't think you realize the 'anyone' includes 'you'; call it a Freudian Slip if you want. You're given up on the belief that you can be better than you currently are.

You may also like...