Tree of Strength 🌴: This is my Tree of... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

60,663 members β€’ 60,557 posts

Tree of Strength 🌴

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child
β€’72 Replies

This is my Tree of Strength for when Anxiety and Depression hit, which has been pretty often.

Its important to be grateful during these times for even the teeny tiniest person, place or thing in your life. We are still gaining strength to get back to our normal society πŸ’ͺ

Take time and think about it. Anything that you are grateful for that helps you in time of stress anxiety and/or depression. Anything that you love seeing like bunny's πŸ‡ friends etc..it's about you. You are special! βš“. What's important to you? πŸ€—

It doesn't have to be fancy just what helps you. Take your time. There's no rush. Name 1 thing or an emoji.

I've missed you all so much! I'm so glad to be back!!

Luna Child πŸŒ›

Xx

72 Replies
β€’

A beating heart ❀️The ocean 🌊

My Dogs 🐾

Flowers 🌺

The Library next door πŸ“š

My family βš“

Children

Butterflies πŸ¦‹

TV πŸ“Ί ( an old model but a goodie)

Cliffs to sit & think

Frozen Yogurt

Medicine

The Woods 🌲🌳🌴

Tweeting Birds 🐦

Bunny's πŸ‡

Broccoli πŸ₯¦ and cheese πŸ§€ soup

Frozen Yogurt

Iced coffee

Picnics

Love

People who smile back at me πŸ§‘β€πŸ¦°

My team of doctors πŸ‘¨β€βš•οΈπŸ‘©β€βš•οΈπŸ©ΊπŸ₯Όβš•οΈ

Elephant's 🐘

The Zoo πŸ†πŸƒπŸ‚πŸ˜πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ―πŸΌ

Soft pillows pillow

Loyalty

Birthday's 🎈🎁🍰

Card's

Getting something totally unexpected in the mail πŸ“¬

Shopping πŸ›οΈπŸ›οΈπŸ›οΈπŸ›οΈπŸ›οΈπŸ›οΈ

Tree's πŸ₯¦πŸŒ΄πŸŒ³πŸŒ²

Christmas πŸŽ…πŸ€Άβ›ͺπŸŽ„

Woodland creatures & other animals πŸ¦ŒπŸ§ΈπŸ‚πŸƒπŸˆπŸ†πŸ˜πŸ’πŸ–πŸ’πŸ”πŸ―πŸ°πŸ΄πŸ·πŸΌ

Hugs πŸ€—

My Therapist πŸ‘©

The Sun πŸŒ„πŸ˜Ž

Seashells 🐚

Flip flops 🩴

Disney World ✈️

My Library Card πŸ“š

Hi, Luna πŸ˜ŠπŸ™ŒπŸ»πŸπŸŒŠ

Thanks for your post. It’s such a blessing. I also love your list of what you’re grateful for. We have lots in common.

βš“οΈ God

πŸ‘¨β€πŸ‘©β€πŸ‘§ Family

Reading πŸ“š

Writing πŸ“

Coffeeβ˜•οΈ

ShoppingπŸ›

WalkingπŸšΆπŸ½β€β™€οΈ

NatureπŸŒ΄πŸŒŠπŸƒπŸŒ§πŸŒ³πŸ‚πŸπŸŒ πŸŒ…β›ˆπŸŒ€πŸžπŸͺ΄

🍰🧁🍦🍫Sweets

πŸ“Ίβ€οΈπŸ˜œRomantic Comedies

Ahhh we do have lots in common as I read your list I was remiss at adding a few things. Love romantic comedies, Pretty Woman, When Harry Met Sally, Sleepless in Seattle to name a few. You bring the popcorn 🍿!! Hugs πŸ€—

Xx πŸŒˆπŸŒžπŸ§˜πŸΎπŸ’πŸŒΉπŸšπŸ–οΈπŸ˜ŽπŸŒŠ

Yaass! 🍿😊

Sillysausage234 we know... Charlize...πŸ©±πŸ‘™πŸŒŠπŸ–οΈπŸ©΄πŸš

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Luna_Child

Luna you forgot one of the most important thing that a girl reaches out for when she's feeling down🍫🍫🍫🍫🍫

Works for me each time πŸ˜‰ 😊 😘

Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to Zara0123

πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ¨πŸ¨

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Isinatra

Yes exactly true. I was truly joking with Sillysausage234

Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to Luna_Child

And a good joke it was. πŸ˜€

Luna_Child profile image

Thank you! 🀣

Isinatra profile image

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Luna_Child profile image

Xx 🌞🧸

Glad to have you back...Love your list and your tree of strength ❀❀❀

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Zara0123

Thank you Zara0123 it's great to be back. Hope you're well. 🌞🐚🌈⭐

Zara0123 profile image
Zara0123 in reply to Luna_Child

I'm well thank you πŸ₯°Hope you have more positive days now onwards. We're here for you 😘❀😊

Hi, I hope you're doing all right!!! πŸ™‚. Glad you're back.

Thank you I'm glad to be back. It's been a nightmare. How are you? 🌈🌞🧸⭐🩴

I have my ups and downs. Not only do I already have trouble with severe depression and anxiety, but I'm 50 and I'm a woman going through menopause too. I saw something about menopause on the Today show yesterday and Maria Shriver was talking about it. Did you know that about 80 percent of ob/gyn doctors don't know much of anything about women and menopause???!!!! That was the statistic they had on that. They say our mothers suffered in silence going through it. But I tend to have my good and bad days just like any so called normal person. Take care!!!πŸ’–

We are same age

Luna_Child welcome back. Long time no "see".. I'm glad to see this post..I've been quite reflective over the last year or so and have have taken stock of what really matters to me and my mental health.

To start off. I've made some new (and close ) friends on this website and the "rooms" I visit.

I've reassessed what really matters as well. I adopted or really was rescued by a little Cocka- Poo at the very beginning of the year of 2020and all the B.S. that went with it. That little ball of fur saved my sanity and quite possibly my life. I became more involved with my small community and embraced the fellowship and family that I've become a part of here. I have a little 4 yr old "buddy" that brings me untold amount of joy and love...and it is added to by the love and friendship of his parents as well. Every morning I wake on this mountain is a blessing and a privilege. Neither of which I take for granted. These have been my touch stones and my grounding in the past 15 months...

I'm glad I stuck around and got thru it all..

Thanks for the inspirational post.

I'm so happy for you that you're feeling better. It sounds like you've done an amazing amount of soul searching and have been grateful for it and what makes you happy. Pets are amazing life savers. They know when you're down too. They'll come and snuggle beside you. Wonderful you're in the mountains. Beautiful. Is his name "Buddy"? Love it! What a cutie.

I'm very glad you stuck around as well. You've got courage & strength

Hugs πŸ€—

Xx πŸŒˆπŸˆπŸŒžπŸ§Έβ­πŸ©΄πŸ–οΈπŸžοΈπŸΎ

Pets are amazing

LOL..My dog is named Frankie My 4yr old friend ( human) is " Charlie "

Isinatra profile image
Isinatra in reply to Lazaruslong

Too cute!β€οΈπŸ„β€β™€οΈ Your pic of Frankie.

Lazaruslong profile image
Lazaruslong in reply to Isinatra

Thanks. I'll pass that on to her

AndrewT profile image
AndrewT in reply to Luna_Child

I've copied, this image, for my Downstairs Neighbours, shortly to be adding a Second Dog, to there Household.

AndrewT

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to AndrewT

Awesome! A second dog is awesome ❀️🐾I have 3 it's all the love

That's Beautiful as, I'm sure, are you too!

Thank you

AndrewT

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to AndrewT

Andrew you're very kind. I hope you are doing awesome. 🌈🌞⭐🐚🧸

You certainly have an armor of helpful ideas, Luna. As always. Sending and receiving funny videos and music when I’m down works for me. Napping is restorative. Going out of my box and hearing a human voice on the phone, same. Working on doing zoom is in the making. Helping another person when I can assures me that I’m still part of the human race and have a function. Looking for a cute avatar like yours is always fun. 🌈❀️

Luna_Child profile image

Lol you are beautiful and kind. Yes I try to use different Emojis everyday to change things around my profile a bit. Sending and receiving funny videos is a great idea when someone is down or just to send something special for fun. Ya know I got to nap while taking antibiotics, and it felt fantastic. I have lots of trouble sleeping because of levator spasms. I watch TV and I rest. Helping people is such a non selfish way of being human. I wish more people would continue to help neighbors and support like they did in Covid. You're very special. I love your Avatar!! Vintage? Just finished reading some paranormal books so I'm so motivated to get out there. Hugs πŸ€—

Have a beautiful day 🌈🌞🩴

Isinatra profile image

πŸ™πŸŒΌthank you, Luna. Yes, my new avatar was meant to be vintage. Good eye. It’s actually another way for a stress reliever. Coloring….Paranormal books? Get out to where? A haunted castle? Scotland perhaps? ✈️🏰 I’m with you there!

Luna_Child profile image

I live across the pond in New England RI noted for many places haunted. There's a particular cemetery πŸͺ¦ that's extremely old and noted as one of the most haunted in the New England states. I visit a lot with my camera and am investing in a voice recorder that Amy Bruni who lives in RI and has a show on TV called Kindred Spirits which I am a huge fan of.

Isinatra profile image

As the name implies, New England, an extension of the UK. Fraught with mystery and yes, kindred spirits. Too fun!

By the way.. I didn't let it escape my notice.. You "tree" A hand branching out .. towards help or giving help? Nice touch.. I'll just leaf this here and say well done.

My parents My relatives

My siblings

my brother who is silly πŸ™ƒ

my sister who gives me good advice

my faith

Algeria

People on HU who are kind and caring and thoughtful ❀️

My dogMy home

The sound of the ocean at this moment while on a little getaway

The ability to have a getaway

A friend who drove to my home to put in a package that was delivered

My son and parents

TV

Enough food

The moments when I feel peaceful and safe(not my norm, but any little bit of that I cherish)

Laughing

The view of the trees from my bedroom where I sit and drink coffee every morning alone

The alone time I have

I could go on. I love these lists. I never realize how much I have to be grateful for until I really think about it.

I love that you remember the little things that are actually the biggest like your friend driving to your house delivering a package. Awesome πŸ‘πŸŒžπŸŒˆπŸ“¦

Love it .. Thanks

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to detour13

You're very welcome πŸŒžπŸŒˆπŸ€—πŸ§ΈπŸšβ­

The ocean... my place of peace.

My family and friends.

The fact that my basic needs are met... roof over my head, food to eat.

Books

Exercise

Meditation

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Dolphin14

Awesome Dolphin14 The ocean 🌊 my place of Zen as well. A beautiful place isn't it? I understand your love of books πŸ“š as it's so exciting to read about anything you want. Exercise...what's your favorite kind..? I enjoy walking Namaste 🧘

Dolphin14 profile image
Dolphin14 in reply to Luna_Child

Hi Luna

I love walking. I just got back from a nice walk. I spent a few days at the ocean. I love to walk there as well.

We like a lot of the same things. I just saw the picture of the dog... 😒 I miss mine. Enjoy your babies.

❀️🐬

Sunrise at the ocean

Nice picture dolphin no 14 did you take it ?…..reminds me of a beach walk I do with my special friend charlize

Yes I took it at my summer get away.

Awesome, enjoy those special times with Charlize

❀️🐬

Starrlight will be impressed with your photography skills ….looks like a pink Floyd album cover …endless river 🎡🎢

I am impressed silly πŸ™ƒ of course! Dolphin is talented in many ways. How r u πŸ™ƒ

Dolphin14 profile image
Dolphin14 in reply to Starrlight

((((⭐️))))

I’m good thank you starr….hope you and that beautiful toad are too πŸ˜„

πŸ˜€

🎢

I saw that guy. He was on a paddle board, very impressive

Glad you’re swimming around sight seeing ….enjoy the rest of your evening πŸŒžπŸ§˜πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

Thanks, yes I'm getting around.

I will enjoy, hope you do also

❀️🐬

Beautiful picture

Luna_Child profile image

Beautiful picture Dolphin 🐬. Love the ocean too as you know. Sorry about your dog. Have you thought about another dog? I think I remember you told me one time it would be too difficult and I totally understand...keep it open as an option....the ocean is natural raw beauty..gets me in my zone.

Dolphin14 profile image
Dolphin14 in reply to Luna_Child

Ty Luna

We did talk about getting another dog. I can't...4 years and I still gets me sad.

Yes I live for the ocean. Enjoy your summer at the beach :)

❀️🐬

Luna_Child profile image

I Understand. It will always be sad. I look at my 5 on the wall that passed and it's so sad. I have 3 now..it's worse than losing a human

Enjoy your summer at the beach ⛱️ too! 🐬🌊😎❀️

Catsamaze profile image
CatsamazeADAA Volunteer

Hi Lina Child. I am a tree hugger. They give so much and ask for so little in return. You mentioned bunnies. And then there’s kitties and butterflies. And music, and special people, and clouds, and there’s so much more……

Catsamaze profile image
CatsamazeADAA Volunteer in reply to Catsamaze

And of course I meant to write Luna child…not Lina child! And I’ll add HU to my list!

Benzos….Crackers and cheese …..salted caramel ice cream ….long weekends with charlize at the lake cabin

Love the first one..can't survive without those ... awesome..enjoy your summer with Charlize! πŸ‘™πŸŒžπŸŒŠ

My dog looks and smells lovely having been groomed today. Weather pretty good.

Birds are singing

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Roxylox

That's a beautiful observation. πŸŒžπŸŒˆπŸΎπŸ€—

Havn’t been on for awhile. My daughter, her husband and my 2 granddaughters came June 7-9. Adam drove Len for his cataract surgery and we celebrated Len’s and granddaughter Ally birthdays. Adam found a week old kitty and Zoe loved and cared for it for 1 and 1/2 day then I got total care of it. Lack of sleep with getting up twice a nite to feed the kitten throw me into a deep depression. It started about a week into the nite feedings. Lack of sleep threw my chemicals in my brain of balance. It is hard to be thankful in a depression. Luna thanks for the topic. I am thankful that God is in charge of my life. I am thankful for my therapist. Those who understand the emotional pain of depression, this support group,my dog,cat and baby kitten., and a friend who is there for me. Need encouragement !

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to mauv

Sometimes good things cause us stress too because we use energy and become fatigued. I hear you I've been exhausted. We are here for you!

Hugs! πŸ€—

Xx

mauv profile image
mauv in reply to Luna_Child

I never realized that good things could cause stress. I thought it was only bad things. Thanks for pointing that out. Getting up 2 times in the nite for 2 weeks was necessary to keep the kitten a live and I was the only one willing to do it. Exhaustion and depression are linked for me. I need to remember that. I am feeding him at 11pm and finish at 12pm. Then I get 8-9 hrs sleep. He is sleeping thru the nite now. My depression will lessen as I get more sleep. My big cats leave Loki alone now, so Petie has let up on his guard dog duties. He still licks Loki clean as his Mama would have done.

Luna_Child profile image

Oh yes great things definitely stress us out.. think of someone getting married...major stress...new puppy...for sure training them is hard and stressful, buying a new 🏠..big time stress...the list is endless...I'm happy you πŸ’€πŸ˜΄. I doze..I have books and the tv on all night. My dogs are pretty good sleepers except now is getting to πŸŽ‡πŸŽ† fireworks time so poor babies are terrified. That's the day July 4 that most dogs run away.

mauv profile image
mauv in reply to Luna_Child

I have to keep my pets in the house on July 4 th also! It is a hard day on pets. I think the loud noise effects their sensitive eardrums. We have to take care of those who love us unconditionally!

Luna_Child profile image

I know it's an awful day. Thing is putting the tv loud, air conditioner high doesn't help. Plus they're setting them off weeks before and weeks after. Here there's a law where you can't set off the ones that flicker in the sky or the big boomy ones but they do. The professionals can and are on July 4 at I think 9:00 pm but have to stop at 10:00, another law. There's a guy near me who sets them off during the night at like 3 am just for fun. He pisses off every neighbor nearby and the police come out to him every year then finally fine him. That's it for little Kaia-Rose. Shaking and pacing. Meds don't work. Nothing does but mommy. They were illegal and I liked it because you could enjoy the holiday in peace.

Meant to say now I am getting 8-9 hrs sleep

Luna_Child profile image

Awesome πŸ‘

I am thankful for you guysHaving family over visiting from Maine and Wisconsin.

Im happy and thankful forever gone who crosses my path and I wish each of them well with peace and love and all the best

I am thankful for the pizza I’m going to eat soon

I’m thankful for the doctor and therapist I talked with today

I’m thankful for all of nature like toady 🐸

That's beautiful Starrlight. πŸΈπŸŒˆπŸ€—πŸŒž

You may also like...