Something worth a try : I’ve tried Wim... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

59,438 members59,634 posts

Something worth a try

alfreddy7 profile image
alfreddy7

I’ve tried Wim Hof breathing technique and a cold shower. I think it can help anxiety. Specially the cold shower it gets the heart beating faster and it simulates a panic attack. If you keep doing the cold showers your body will be already trained for any future panic attacks.

I’ve only done it a couple times maybe 1 time a week.

Since it’s winter time and it’s super cold here lol

7 Replies

Hi, have you heard cryotherapy? They use the ultra-cold temperatures in whole-body to raise physiological hormonal responses. This includes the release of adrenaline, noradrenaline, and endorphins. It has positive effect on those experiencing mood disorders like anxiety and depression.👍

I had heard of cryotherapy but never knew the story behind what it is used for.

Thanks so much for the explanation (not that I could handle it) lol :) xx

I tried one time at this place called Aurora wellness spa in my area. You go in something looking like a cylinder with temperature below zero naked. It put your body in shock mode 😅 But after that u feel energized once you get back to your body normal temperature.

WOW you're brave. I'm glad it was a positive experience for you :) xx

Did you feel a difference after with anxiety and or depression?

I did feel a rush of energy after for sure. During treatment my mind was completely blank as the coldness took over.

About a month ago was having panic attacks and I was getting better and I felt one coming on and I told myself no this is not going to happen I jumped into cold shower and stopped it in its tracks now I'm almost back to my old self going back to work next week.

You may also like...