In a panic attack now : Have to lay... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

57,512 members57,670 posts

In a panic attack now

Lessthanone
Lessthanone

Have to lay back down.....fed bella it will go away with time

61 Replies

I hope you feel better soon it not a nice thing to have! What triggers your attacks is it something you can foresee happening and avoid the situation this may help you long time! Do you have depression and if so for how long have you seen a doctot about how you feel! I wish you all the best take care david

Lessthanone
Lessthanone in reply to Celtic27

They just wont stop have a lot going on now

Lessthanone
Lessthanone in reply to Celtic27

David david cant make this stop waiting for it to stop

Hi Bobbie...Hope the panic has passed...You are having a horrendous time with these panic attacks...Take Care

Try to breathe in for 5 full seconds and then breathe out for 9 full seconds. This is calming. You are safe. You are with Bella.

Bella wants puperoni guess i m driving to a store

I always feel better for going out , hope it goes well

Cant stop the panic

Cant stop the panic trying to eat

I can t stop the panic

Simple tasks achieved...I have one to do right now myself...a rougher morning than I've had in a while.

Lessthanone
Lessthanone in reply to propjock

U too i can t make it stop

Lessthanone

Why do you rush around in panic i don t understand

propjock
propjock in reply to Lessthanone

I don't "rush around," I damp the panic by slowing down how I'm interacting with the trigger, focusing on my breathing." Then I take up a simple task that I need to get done, and focus on that. The task helped calm me further. It worked for me this morning. Is that better?

Lessthanone

I understand more how to cope with them just ride them out i guess was trying to fight them .no use in that

propjock

They draw strength from our fighting them. Claire Weekes calls it “second fear,” or “fear of fear.” A mixture of coping, accepting, and “getting on with life” generally works for me. We’re with you, Bobbie.

Agora1
Agora1 in reply to propjock

Great advice propjock and true :) xx

Lessthanone
Lessthanone in reply to Agora1

I fell back to sleep was so scared in panic i didn t realize now i m awake again coming back i have to start eating too am losing so much weight

Agora1
Agora1 in reply to Lessthanone

Has your doctor suggested something like Boost or Ensure supplement drink

during the day? It can be a good source of extra calories in addition to whatever

you can eat. Just a thought :) xx

Lessthanone

I m terrified again why when i wake up am i terrified again

Agora1

That is one of the most common times to experience fear and panic.

When we awake from sleep, it is a rude awakening to our brain that everything

we worry about is all around us. In order words, if it were only a bad dream, we

could continue on w/o the physical symptoms by dismissing it as such.

When we wake up, we realize that the problems we have in life are still there and

our brain goes back into overdrive and the panic starts all over again.

Lessthanone

Agora where are you

I m so scared i cleaned the kichen a little and i had to come back to the bed.what is this panic doing to me

I m so afraid i ate my other sand wich but i m so scared to do any real house work in panic

Hi Bobbie, ask your MD about Buspar for anxiety. it’s low dose (5 mg) taken 3-4 times per day. Benzo are short acting which is why it usually helps then back to anxiety. I took buspar after my mom’s death- took 1-2 days to notice big difference and it lasted all day. I was still on benzo but my doc is very conservative- allowed 1 dose per day as needed due to the med being highly addictive. Best luck to you- pm me anytime my friend!

It had heart probs i cant make the panic stop snd i drove to thr store

Ride the tiger, let it come, it's a horrible feeling but if you agree to accept it for the moment you stop flooding your nerves with fear. Panic attacks thrive on fear.

Accept it for the moment and you start to get used to it, it's not so frightening any more.

Accept it for the moment and panic attacks weaken and wane and will trouble you no more.

Lessthanone
Lessthanone in reply to Jeff1943

Ok will just ride it out

Jeff1943
Jeff1943 in reply to Lessthanone

Well fighting it hasn't done any good. Of course not, fighting only causes more strain and tension. So stop fighting it and lose your fear of it, you'll be surprised what happens.

Lessthanone

So i just let it come and not rush around

Jeff1943

Say: "Bring it on, anxiety! I'm not fearful of you any more. I know anxiety's power is limited. You cannot kill me. You cannot make me disabled. You cannot make me lose my mind. "O.K., you can make me feel really uncomfortable, but so what? I have the measure of you now, all bark and no bite. Why should I fear you despite the bad feelings that you bring?

"All I have to do is accept you for the time being and stop rewarding you with my fear. You weren't expecting that were you? The less importance I vest in you, the less I fear you and I now know you thrive on fear.

"So I won't be fighting you any more, Anxiety. Fighting just brings more stress and strain and makes me feel worse. I'm going to accept you for the moment. Fearlessly. And as I fear you less and less I see the life draining from you.

"You see, I have now read the book that Claire Weekes wrote all those years ago, 'Self help for your nerves', I bought it off Amazon. It's the one that has helped millions escape from the terrors of anxiety, not just panic attacks but all the symptoms you inflict upon me.

"Anxiety, your days are numbered!"

Lessthanone

Yeah i m crying right now

Jeff1943

Exactly the right moment to practice Acceptance then! You can't practice Acceptance if you're feeling fine!

Lessthanone

I dont care any more

Hi Bobbie, try humming- it helps occupy my mind and helps my breathing. I like listening to Christian songs. My favorite is “I’ll fly away” by Alison Krause when missing someone. Today I missed my brother who died a year ago (my dad died when I was young so KC was always there for me/ told me he was proud of me). Tell ur fear/ anxiety, “Do not gloat over me, my enemy. Though I have fallen I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light,” Micah 7:8. Could you do me a favor? Practice some self help techniques and tell us how it worked (May suck at first but gets better). Write me a letter, Dear Tina, then tell me about yourself- you don’t have to send it or pm me it (just so you don’t feel alone). I’m from South Bend, IN (8 yrs US Air Force led me to Texas) so we’re both Hoosiers.

Hey tina thanks for helping me thru this ruff time i paid off amex had to call some guy in india for the info i always get a panic attack after talking to them starting to get better now

Agora1

Breathe Bobbi, that's a big accomplishment. :) xx

Lessthanone

I m doing better till now when i m crying

I just cant stop crying

Agora1

Oh Anxiety plays a hard game. It will come back and taunt you until

it gets tired of you pushing it away, not listening to it's lies.

Yell out loud...."Leave me Alone" sometimes it takes our mind to hear

these words out loud to get the idea, it's not wanted..

It can't hurt you anymore. You've accepted that Anxiety is a coward

but you're not and you will show this monster... :) xx

Lessthanone

I can t stop crying and being alone in this big old house and i knoe the panic will cone come back

Agora1

You are safe. Anxiety cannot hurt you.

When you cry you show it that you are afraid.

Try to be brave my friend xx

propjock

Yes it will come back, and it will be no worse than before, same old same old boring nonsense. You have already felt the worst that your mind can do, and have come out the other side. It’s a learnable skill, difficult, takes practice, but learnable. “Fairy tales are important, not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.” Earlier today it sounded like you did it. Now, later in the day, tired, your self control is a little weaker. You will learn, though. You know how to win. And you will.

Lessthanone

I m scared i m scared

Dear tina I dont feel so alone now i appreciate it that u r trying to help me

The panic is starting to ease off bella is barking like crazy but the panic is getting better

Can you reply i have to clean house over the week end clean out some cabinets too

Agora1

Bobbi, I have the cleanest closets and cabinets in town lol

Whenever I feel stress taking over, I turn to something that

requires some physical effort as well as mental organization.

When finished, the accomplishment is right in front of you and

feels so good every time you look at what you did. It's a good feeling

and such a "high" Good Luck :) xx

The panic is easing off now thank u

I think i feel asleep for a few mins when i stopped fighting the panic attack

Why am i crying

It s the weekend again everyone has their family and i m crying

I just keep crying

I do know why too

I just keep crying there is no one here ever and i am so lonely and depressed

I just keep crying

Help me i m sweating and i m scared

Please someone

Hi Bobbie...Hope the panic as stopped and your getting some rest...😌

Still sweating and i took my klon late no panic jusr sweating ths sheryl

Would it help if you had a nice shower and listen to some relaxing music???Try to occupy your mind probably easier said than done a know...I can’t imagine what it must be like being in a panic all the time I feel for you Bobbie...😌

You may also like...