We All Need "Me Time" ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿค— - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

55,372 members โ€ข 55,628 posts

We All Need "Me Time" ๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿค—

Luna_Child
Luna_Child
โ€ข162 Replies

๐Ÿ›€We all need time for ourselves on a regular basis, as we say "Me Time"

๐Ÿ•Why? ๐Ÿค” To continuously refocus and reduce stress, anxiety, depression, burnout, etc..at regular intervals.

๐ŸŒŸ Spending time with ourselves on a regular basis Is so important, *not* when we can fit it in our schedules, write yourself in as an appointment with yourself. ( A hair appointment, nails, ( guys get manicures without the polish) , massage, which we've all been aching for looking below, a movie, turn your phone off for a full day, there are so many things to do that are self care)

๐Ÿง˜โ€โ™‚๏ธWho's more important than you? You cannot be there for yourself, your family, ie, kids, spouse, friends or significant other if you are not helping *you*. Yes take a friend along.

๐ŸŒทYou are Important and worthy of time to enjoy for *you* and *you* alone. YOU CAN INVITE ANOTHER PERSON! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

๐ŸŒบPlease list the top " ME" self care activities that you do for you. If you have none be honest. No one's judging. Maybe you'll find something new to try.

๐Ÿต๏ธ What are some of your "self care" activities?

#1 Make yourself a priority#1

162 Replies
โ€ข

Read a bookPaint my nails

Color

Flip through a magazine

Go out with a friend

Take a drive and sing

Meditate /stretch/lite yoga

Go to a movie

Walk my dog's

I'm adding Massage

Learning how to Country Line Dance๐Ÿค ๐Ÿ•บ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ‘ข๐ŸŽถ

I love to watch videos of art and listen to music and watch anime ๐Ÿ˜„

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Hb2003

That sounds great. Peaceful and calm. โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to Luna_Child

Yep ๐Ÿ˜„ I now have new favorite songs now. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Luna_Child

Which songs Hiba ?

Hb2003

Troublemaker oops baby I did it again , that girl ๐Ÿ˜„ savage love clean

Luna_Child

"Oops I did it again" by Taylor Swift? I love her ๐ŸŽต๐ŸŽถ music. I haven't heard the other ones yet. Love music.

No Luna, the one n only Britney Spears from Mickey Mouse Club ๐ŸŒˆโค๏ธ

Ohhhhh.......oooops I did it again! Lol

Hb2003

Itโ€™s by Britney Spears

Luna_Child

Oops I did it again Hiba! Lol

Hb2003

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ why donโ€™t they add the word baby on the tile ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Luna_Child

That song came out so long ago and I listen to Taylor Swift more (sorry).

my top 5:

1) massage

2) massage

3) massage

4) massage

5) massage

only problem - hard to do that alone...

well - not only problem - it's an expensive hobby...

wish i could remember my last massage...

maybe if i gave up getting my nails done i could more easily afford... :)

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to 13ga

massage๐Ÿ˜„ I love it my mom says I am a good massager ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ I am also good with massaging feet ๐Ÿ˜„

13ga
13ga in reply to Hb2003

your credentials are accepted... i'm ready for my massage!!! :)

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to 13ga

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜„

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to 13ga

My mom always says I will give you money and guess what I donโ€™t get any money ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ what a rip off ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

13ga
13ga in reply to Hb2003

you should report her to the better business bureau ! and tell her you'll sue her for back pay ! :o)

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to 13ga

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

What on earth kind of advice is dis? ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

you don't think thats good advice??!

Hiba wonโ€™t get her unlimited lemon merengue pie after all that ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ah well - mustn't mess with the lemon merengue supply chain!!!

Think Pie Rob โ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Did someone say pie ??!! Where is it ?!!

Uh ohhhhh ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคซ๐Ÿคซ๐Ÿคซ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ

ZazenRiver123
ZazenRiver123 in reply to Hb2003

Finish your dinner first Hiba

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to ZazenRiver123

Lol ๐Ÿ˜‚ I did a long time ago

ZazenRiver123

I dont believe you. No pie๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Hb2003

I did ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Hb2003

Itโ€™s 12:14 ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

ZazenRiver123

No pie it's too late๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Hb2003

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ZazenRiver123

They are making good arguments. Okay Hiba you can have the pie

Itโ€™s Hiba, never late for pie and she has a fantastic metabolism unlike you. Donโ€™t hate ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Wheres my pie at lol

Hahahha, ask Hiba is the Queen of Pie here ๐Ÿ˜‚

So who are we going at aha whos getting dealt with Hahah

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to Lennykoivi_

Hereโ€™s your ๐Ÿฅง

Hereโ€™s the pie ๐Ÿฅง

Not for me ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚Lenny the new kid on the block wants it ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Ok fine

Lennykoivi_
Lennykoivi_ in reply to Hb2003

What is great mindfulness on about Golden boy 2 ?? Lol ahahaah

Nah I don't swing that way soz honeyyy ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿคฃ

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ

Whats the local time where u stay lol

Pacific standard time ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Oh lol okay ahaha 9:38?

Bingo ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜‚

You can be Golden boy 2 ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

What does that mean ๐Ÿ˜…

Ask Golden boy 1 he prob know better ๐Ÿ˜‚

Whos that ? I'm so confused lol

Zazanriver is golden boy 1 ๐Ÿ˜‚ the group theme is Golden ๐Ÿค—โค๏ธ

Aw lol i was confused. Well im lenny nice to meet you all ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜… sorry "Golden boy 2" actually

Golden boy 1 here

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HV7AX...

Love this show and the song

I am gonna go to sleep I have testing ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ tomorrow

Lennykoivi_

Whats the local time there ?

Hb2003

itโ€™s 12:31 PM

Lennykoivi_

Damn what state do u live in because I live in Australia so we are so far away ๐Ÿ˜…

Hb2003

I live in Indianapolis Hamilton county

Lennykoivi_

Oh damn

Did you finish your dinner?

Yes dad

Yes you may have some pie son

Dont eat too fast or you will get stomachache again

Hey you wanna be in our group. We're called the golden girls๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Yes join us the Golden Girls group and the one u cal Dad is golden boy ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

But he always has to call me dad

Thereโ€™s no hierarchy in existence golden boy ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Okay golden boy 2

Golden boy junior

Hang in there ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Good night talk to you guys laterโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Ok 99 and sweet dreams my little ๐Ÿ‘ผ โค๏ธโค๏ธ

Good byeeee ๐Ÿ˜„โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

ZazenRiver123

Good night Hiba. Dont sneak any pies๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Hb2003

Will not but maybe in my dreams I will โค๏ธ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ good night for real this time

Luna_Child

Sweet dreams and best wishes on your exam Sweety!!! ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŽถโค๏ธ๐Ÿฐ

Hey GreatMindfulness can I join please? I'm a lady, I'm not gray, I dress awesome casual , I'm the big D and I'm a young Golden (going to be 58...yikes!). Thank you for being a friend ๐ŸŽถ

Agora1
Agora1 in reply to ZazenRiver123

It's never too late for a little piece of pie. It makes me happy

and happy makes me relaxed and being relaxed makes me sleep well :) xx

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Agora1

Love pie โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Agora1
Agora1 in reply to Hb2003

Hiba, there's pie?? lol

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to Agora1

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ lemon meringue pie ๐Ÿคฃ

Luna_Child

You're supposed to be in bed. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Hb2003

๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to 13ga

Noooooo

Luna_Child

It's okay to charge for dessert when a friend is having a rough time. I have an idea, you massage your mom at another time.

Hb2003

dessert ๐Ÿง ๐Ÿ˜‹

Did I hear massage? ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Yes ๐Ÿคฃ I am good at massaging thatโ€™s what my mom and sister say ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

What is your rate in home now? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I donโ€™t know ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Okay so the first time is on the house then ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Yesss ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Aweeeee! Book your next flight โœˆ๏ธ Iโ€™m waiting over here ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

โœˆ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘

Luna_Child

Free for friends always however she takes you for a yummy dessert

GreatMindfulness

I like how u re thinking Luna a nice dessert to cap it off ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Yummy yummy ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿฉ๐Ÿช๐Ÿง๐Ÿจ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฅง

Wow Luna, that is like a dream comes true ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Yummy dessert and a massage! Hello Heaven! I think my hair salon has those. I hear this little voice going off in my head saying "treat me , treat me then buy yourself cheesecake ๐Ÿฐ"

Wow thatโ€™s some nice hair salon u have over there ๐Ÿ˜ Here the most is some cocktails n hโ€™orderves. Love cheesecakeโค๏ธ can we have em wo the calories? ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Really????!!!! H'orderves and cocktails๐Ÿธ๐Ÿน??? Not here. Maybe a glass of wine ๐Ÿท and then they have a menu of other stuff like facials and massages etc..which I can't afford a lot of because I have 3 little fur baby mouths to feed. ๐Ÿ˜‚However maybe a gift card will come my way soon. I hope.

Oh ya Luna and always look for Groupon they always have great deal I like ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

Around here we try to make Lemon Meringue Pie (and Cheesecake ๐Ÿฐ) and everybody's dessert requests come true. ๐Ÿ’ญ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿ‘โค๏ธ๐Ÿจ๐Ÿง๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฅง

13ga @

Wow Luna Daz talented. Here we just Postmate everything and eat ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

You did GreatMindfulness Go for it girl! โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Yeah you want one ๐Ÿ˜œ

Luna_Child

Ohhhhh I'd love one!!!! It's been a long time. โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’†โ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ’†โ€โ™‚๏ธ

Luna_Child

No it's cool me time you can have one other person with you! ๐Ÿ‘

13ga
13ga in reply to Luna_Child

(1 other person w/ me)

that's cool... now all i need is another person!!! :-)

(or 1 that'll do massage)

Luna_Child

You can take anyone.

13ga

don't want anyone.... want a great masseuse.... i'd settle for an ok masseuse.... heck right now - i'd take a pretend masseuse....

on 2nd thought - right now i'd be happy if i could get my cat to walk up and down my back....

yea i need one BAD.

This is too metaphor, I donโ€™t understand ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

GreatMindfulness I don't even know what I wrote ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ. I need to delete.

A lot of meanings to it! Deep โ˜๏ธ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ It really means book your cruises and get to Bermuda gang๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ’จ

โ›ด๏ธ๐Ÿ–๏ธ๐Ÿ‘™๐ŸŒŠโ›ฑ๏ธ๐ŸŠโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿฌ๐Ÿฅฝโœˆ๏ธ๐ŸŒ

Adios muchacho ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธxxx

no metaphor! - i just am very looong overdue for a massage...

Luna_Child

We know. We're having a laugh on me because my reply made zero sense til I deleted it and fixed it.

13ga

ah - well so what's that say bout my state of mind....

i didn't notice!!! (made sense to me i guess)

Luna_Child

So you don't want a friend? I thought you responded that you did. It doesn't matter you can do it alone or with a friend.

13ga

no i DO want a friend... really can't massage yourself....

Luna_Child

Ahhh 13ga. You've been through a lot. You need to relax. ๐Ÿ’†โ€โ™‚๏ธ๐ŸŒธ

13ga

(need to relax)

sooooo many miles to go before i sleep......

Luna_Child

You mean because of grieving your stepdad you'll have trouble sleeping for a while or you're on the road driving home? You should stop and sleep.

13ga

yea because of grieving.... staying w/ mom tonight...

here's reply to post that's gone:

yea - ideally i'd like another person - and one that KNOWS how to massage!!! but i'm so hard up for 1, i'll compromise!

Luna_Child

That's so sweet of you to stay with your mama. Aw....she must be having such a rough time, poor mama. ๐Ÿ˜”

13ga

yea - she having really rough time.... you thought my brain not working normally.... she's waaaaay worse....

Luna_Child

13ga it's something people can only afford a few times /year or ask for gift cards.

13ga

yea - but that's the problem!!! just aint fair!!!! - and i want 2 per week!!!

actually i want 5/ week - but i'd be REALLY happy w/ 2/wk...

wish i could afford 2/month....

Watching a tear jerker movie, alone, letting the tears rip and not having to explain myself. Very satisfying.โค๏ธ๐Ÿ„โ€โ™€๏ธ

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Isinatra

Awesome. Very nice. You can be YOU with no explanation. Very ๐Ÿ˜Ž cool

Youโ€™re cool, Luna!โค๏ธโค๏ธ

Luna_Child

Yea! I'm cool thank you. ๐Ÿ˜Ž. You're cool to say so. You made my night!!! ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿฐ๐ŸŒบ

Isinatra
Isinatra in reply to Luna_Child

Iโ€™m chuckling now, next will be laughter!โค๏ธ๐Ÿ„โ€โ™€๏ธ

Isinatra
Isinatra in reply to Isinatra

I guess this could be considered โ€œme timeโ€? Sounds good to me!โค๏ธ๐Ÿ„โ€โ™€๏ธ

Luna_Child

Yes you responded to yourself. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ. Watching a movie, crying and laughing along with the movie and of course all of us ๐Ÿคฃ Is definitely considered "me time"

Luna_Child

Laugh ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ it up! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ

Yeah, it took me a minute to realize I replied to myself. Will I learn from that? Maybe...tee hee..โค๏ธ๐Ÿ„โ€โ™€๏ธ

Luna_Child

Yes you'll learn we all do silly stuff and it's good to laugh at yourself. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Hi Luna_Child,

I love this post! It is so true that we only think of me time as an "if I can fit it in" thing. We all need to make more time for ourselves.

I used to paint which was really relaxing for me. Unfortunately due to my current living situation this is not possible. I have been looking for a new outlet for myself, thanks to your post I think I may have found one!

Mandala, I looked up what it was because I had never heard of it and voila, I think I have a new addiction it encompasses 2 of my favourite things Math and art! Who knew?!?

Thanks so much.

Be Well.

Ahhhhh..I'm thrilled. Mandala's are pretty! You can find How to videos /instructions on YouTube and Pinterest.

I was so hoping someone would find what they needed here. I added some things to my list like "massage". I also want to learn how to Country Line Dance!!

I'm thrilled for you!! If you need anything let me know!!!!

โค๏ธโค๏ธโค๏ธ

Thanks so much Luna_Child,I'm way ahead of you, found a great how to video on you tube! I'll try it out tomorrow :)

Omg I'm so thrilled for you! If you need anything let me know. Keep me posted on how it's coming!!!!

Enjoy your new hobby๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿค—๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽถ

I am working on it but I currently don't have any good me time activities as I hate my alone time because I don't like myself. I am alone all the time too which also doesn't help. I used to dance but I can't even do that anymore and not just because of COVID.

I'm sorry that you're having such a hard time endofheartache1290 what can we do for you to help you? I would like to make a suggestion that you look over all these hobbies and I know one woman found a new hobbie tonight because she was unable to do what she liked previous to this posting. Someone mentioned something she liked. Maybe you could look over member's responses and see if you find something. I have to say most of us are alone. I'm with my dogs and myself all day and night. I didn't have a list before I came here. I'm not alone anymore. These members here are super awesome.

What kinds of things do you like to do?

I understand from reading your reply that you don't like yourself. Da*#! oops darn, somebody planted very *wrong thoughts** in your mind and like most of us here have a hard time liking ourselves too. But we are learning to and we lift each other up all the time. Previous to this I posted an activity on "Affirmations & learning how to get into the habit of saying these several times a day to try to push the negativity away. Please look for it and it try.

๐ŸŒบLet me interject here and tell you very honestly that you are a very kind, sweet, worthy, beautiful inside and out of everything good.๐ŸŒบ

I had done a post on putting together Self Care Boxes a while back (you can look for it for ideas) and/or lists where you could find everything you needed. So maybe you could start thinking about your *likes* and anyone here can help you or you can message me privately and we can chat about your likes and hobbies. Definitely do-able.

We are here for you all the time. Someone's always around during the night too.

It's very super nice to meet you!!!! Please ignore the name at the bottom which I pressed on the wrong name looking for yours to highlight and let's say I'm still getting used to it. One thing here is we have to laugh at ourselves. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

I'm here, we all are anytime. ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿค—๐ŸŒŸ

LUNA_CHILD๐ŸŒ›

(EndofmyropexxxcEndofmEndofmyropexxxcEndEndofmyropexxxcEndofmEndofmyropexxxcEnd) WRONG NAME)

Wow this was so kind of you. And thank you for the kind words. I have a few things I like but I am having difficulty getting back into things as I also recently go our of a very toxic and abusive relationship and I have a hard time doing things I like because I did them with my ex and they all remind me of her and that causes me a great deal of pain and heartache. I have recently tried to get back into chess so there is that. And I am trying to forgive myself for the horrible things I have done and to see myself as worthy of love. It's just very hard. My whole upbringing was rough and my last relationship literally destroyed me as a person. I can honestly say I have never been taken to the limits I was taken to with my ex. And that is saying something because I have been through some ringers let me tell you. But anyway I appreciate your support and I will look over others answers and see if I can find something.

I'm all about self care. Meditation is a great self care. I do that but it's not really an activity. More like an inactivity ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ. Then you transfer that meditativeness to every activity you do and everything becomes meditation and self care. Good post๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™‚

Hi there ZazenRiver123 thanks for joining us. Yes Hb2003 must finish her dinner ๐Ÿฝ๏ธ๐Ÿ if that's the plan. I enjoy meditating. My Therapist is remarkable and I trust her and she helped me get back into meditation and get rid of the 4 am panic attacks. I agree with your thoughts on meditation. I'm exhausted and going to read a bit because the universe decided that insomnia is a good color for me so I wear it every night. Nothing , Nada, Zero puts me to sleep so I no longer freak out about it. That makes it worse. I don't even feel tired. So I drop off when I drop off. I read, watch TV, cuddle with my 3 Shih Tzu, etc ...have lots of activities. Have a great night

ZazenRiver123! ๐Ÿ‘Xx

Mine is:

Walking within nature

Cycling

Listening to music

Read a magazine

Deep breathing

Enjoy coffee

Get a massage

๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Awesome! Thank you for sharingcrazyfitness ๐ŸŒบ

You're welcome ๐Ÿ’˜๐Ÿ’˜

i am taking me time i am lying in bed listening to iann diors new song higher its really good while cuddling with my favorite stuffanimal from my mom that she got me before she deid

Music, reading, Netflix, walking swimming when I can. Doing crosswords really helps me, totally must get back to those, thank you, Luna_Child, your post gae me a focus

You may also like...