💭DREAMING 💭 ILLUSTRATIONS OF YOUR L... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

55,554 members • 55,809 posts

💭DREAMING 💭 ILLUSTRATIONS OF YOUR LIFE/SOUL/STORY

Luna_Child
Luna_Child

I am interested in delving into the psychology of dreams as my usual curiosity takes me yet to another amazing facet of our lives.

💭Why do we dream?💭

💭Do we have the same dream over and over and if so why?💭

💭Dream Interpretation💭

💭 Do you have nightmares that scare you and keep you up, causing you lack of sleep?💭

💭They say the average person dreams just over 1,400x per year, counting each dream as a different new dream. We dream several different times/ night. We certainly don't remember most of our dreams.

💭Does sleep medication make you dream more vividly?💭

💭Do you keep a dream journal 💭

💭Have you studied dream interpretation? Wish to share? 💭

💭Let's chat a very interesting subject of DREAMING. 💭

202 Replies
•

Being an insomniac I hardly sleep, however when I do sleep for an hour or two @ a time, my dreams are usually not pleasant. I'm usually being chased. That's a recurring theme. It makes me anxious upon wakening. When I tried medication to sleep it made my dreams more vivid and colorful and scary. I don't take anything for sleep anymore because I didn't get any more sleep than I was but my dreams were more lucid. Can anyone relate?

I don’t dream anymore or don’t remember but used to be able to wake up mid dream and pause it ....have a drink ..a pee ....then get back in bed and press play again and rejoin the dream really vivid ones

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Sillysausage234

I used to be able to pause my dreams like this too. Makes me wonder if all the crap I’ve taken via medication tainted my brain some how. I’ve tried so many meds for sleep, had to withdrawal hard off a few. Probably one reason I don’t sleep great and add in middle aging to that and I’m a hot mess when it comes to sleep. 😬😬😬

On occasion, I dream what I last saw on TV, Sometimes it’s a mix of commercials and a movie combined. I’m not normal. 😂😂

Sillysausage234
Sillysausage234 in reply to Hidden

Hiya....that’s not a dream that’s a confused state of mind 😅yeah was good being in total control.....like being the commander on the uss enterprise....did you have a pee too ?

Hidden

waves hi back.

Dazed and confused sounds more like it, you’re on to something. 😂.

Sillysausage234

Like your princess avatar....what has she got you trained to do now ?

Hidden

Ms Princess loves sticking her foot in my water glass.

I moved to drinking from a mason jar cause she used to stick her head in my reg glass and drink out it, now she sticks her foot in the jar and drinks it’s that way.

I’m not normal so why would I have a normal cat? 😂😂😂😂

13ga
13ga in reply to Hidden

hi roxie....

my name is abby.... abby normal..... 8-)

i have 2 cats that drink from water glasses either sticking whole head down in glass - or by paw-dipping!! i have 1 that prefers to drink directly from the faucet... (which i think she learned from me! she also opens doors - which she def. learned from me)

... what's that tell ya bout me???

i had a girl friend - she went on a trip - and she gave me her cat to kitty-sit... she was gone for 2 wks... and when she came back - said her cat was never the same.... he preferred me to her; he now opened kitchen cabinets; he would chase me, tag me, and then i'd have to chase him; and there were other funny/crazy behaviors that he didn't have before...

i volunteer at an animal shelter - and some have called me 'the cat whisperer' ...

all of my current cats are also crazy... like dad; like kitties..... :-)

Hidden
Hidden in reply to 13ga

Hello Abby Normal, I’m Abby Normal too. But I like it that way, my 2 cats are crazy, the one in my profile is an extension of myself, I guess that’s why I picked her instead of the dog I had planned to rescue on that very fine day we had a rescue event in my community.

Who comes home with a cat after they planned on getting a dog? ...see I’m Abby Normal. Spontaneous choice that day has made my world better though. It doesn’t get better than that. 😂😂😂

Like dad like kitties...😄😄 I bet it’s super rewarding volunteering at an animal shelter. I may need a cat whisper one day. 🌺💜

13ga
13ga in reply to Hidden

and hi back to you abby normal!!! i like me this way too!!!!

i LOVE your rescue story! my 1st cat, as an adult - was a rescue kitten - i asked her - 'are you for me? am i for you?' she answered yes - and i took her home. she wanted NOTHING to do with another person in the world- i was her only human... that was rough at times... but she was a great cat!

there's a cat in 1 of the rooms i volunteer in - when i'm working - this cat - with the most brilliant golden eyes - follows me around and talks to me - chatter chatter meow meow... and i talk back, and she responds... it's hilarious !!

i'm at your service!!! 🌺💜🌺💜🌺💜

Hidden
Hidden in reply to 13ga

I have a black cat who is a major chatter box. She never shuts up actually except to sleep. 😂😂😂

I cannot pick her up though and hold her like my other one. She’s 5 now, she’ll come lay next to me, partially in my lap, loves being massaged but I can’t pick her up at all. She’s a recuse too, she was very ill after I brought her home, she had parasites, feline herpes, she was a mess. She would have died I’m sure if I hadn’t have taken her home. She’s special, but never understood her skidishness and hating being picked up. Makes trips to the vet a major chore getting her in a cat carrier. I’m bruised and scratched like I’ve been in battle. 😂😂

13ga
13ga in reply to Hidden

roxie - i give you major props for adopting her!!! she's sooo lucky to have such a caring mama as you!!!!

on the carrier ... i take my carriers out days before a vet trip; let everybody get used to them... then i put a treat inside, and try to gently coax entry... i've never had to fight to get them to go in.... since doing it this way....

in your case - i'd recommend having the carrier out week or more ahead - and feed meals inside carrier - wedge door open... you may want to do this numerous times just to practice.... so she builds a pleasant memory of the carrier....

Hidden
Hidden in reply to 13ga

Great advice. I wish I had of thought of this when we moved here. Getting her from the old home to this new one was a nightmare.

You are the cat whisperer. You should get paid for your services. I can pay virtual dollars. haha 😂😂

13ga
13ga in reply to Hidden

TYVM - very much appreciate! but for an animal rock star like you... i'll accept virtual hugs! 💜

Hidden
Hidden in reply to 13ga

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Hidden

I didn’t see the part about getting up to pee. That’s a big yes. Cannot think of the last time I’ve had a pee free night. If I could dream again like in the old days, my pause would be short, the bathroom is a shorter distance at my new house.

Oh well, just getting sleep, any sleep is what matters. 😬😂

Sillysausage234

Get some of them tena lady pants .....you can just stay in bed......time for my bed ....goodnight 😄

Hidden

Great advice. Nite Nite, sleep tight, don’t let the bed bugs bite. Or something like that. 😂😂

Sillysausage234

youtu.be/gcOuSpZ8zG8

13ga
13ga in reply to Hidden

i'm VERY envious that you can pause dreams - i wish i could pause this dream i'm having during waking hours - that i can't wake up from!!!!

😨😱😨😱😨😱

Hidden
Hidden in reply to 13ga

The key words are used to. I used to sleep normal. Now I sleep stupid. Yeah, that’s a great word for it, stupid. My brain is stupid, it’s the only diagnosis I have after numerous sleep doctors and just about every sleep med western medicine designed and 2 different sedating antidepressants I was put on for years. I don’t think my brain has forgiven me for those. 😂😂

I’ll dream some, I get a lot of light sleep, not much REM or deep at all. My dreams are usually contents of the last things I see before falling asleep, it’s why it’s good to wind down for a couple of hours and shut off the screens down for me.💤💤

13ga
13ga in reply to Hidden

roxie - meditation is a great natural way to help with sleep...

ideally 1-2 hours before bedtime...

Hidden
Hidden in reply to 13ga

Thanks.

I’m just getting into it. I created a thread earlier this evening called Sleep Stories regarding an app that is teaching me this. That app covers everything, anxiety, depression, sleep, the options are endless.

13ga
13ga in reply to Hidden

outstanding... i'll have to check that thread out...

let us know how you do!

I think that's why I've always been interested in dreams. I was never able to jump back into a dream, other times I just got little hints of what the dreamt of and other times I knew I was being chased a common theme and would wake up shaken just before I fell off a cliff stopping at the edge, afraid to go back to sleep. I thought this was an interesting subject that interested members could explore with me. I was wondering if anyone studied dream interpretation.

We dream several times a night which I think is amazing, our subconscious.

Thank you Sillysausage234 for sharing your dream story with us.

ğŸ’­ğŸŒˆğŸŒžğŸ’¤ğŸ˜´ğŸ˜Š

Intriguing subject....🤔...I think I’m brain dead now too many chemicals 🤪don’t remember sh*t

Hidden

Too many chemicals for me too...good way to put it. 😂

Good night 😴Sweet dreams! 💤😴👍🌛🌟🙌

Yes this subject is very intriguing.

Let us know what you dream of tonight.

It's only 7:21 pm here but I'll be up reading for the night.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts on dreaming. 🙌👍😊💤

Goodnight Past midnight here ....will do ...be safe 🙋🏻‍♂️

👍

13ga
13ga in reply to Luna_Child

i did study dream interpretation - but sadly - i don't remember a lot; for some reason - i usually remember all i learn; but for some reason not as well here.

You made me laugh!!!!

sophie4
sophie4 in reply to Luna_Child

I NEVER have pleasant dreams, only nightmares...lots of them or very long ones. I don't like taking medication to sleep. It knocks me out, but when I wake up I'm groggy making the motivation for getting into anything difficult. I dream in color or pastels.

My nightmares reflect repressed emotions. I have nightmares about real-life events that have happened.

Growing up, I would often tell my father about a nightmare. He always interpreted it in a positive way. I loved that!

Never had a dream/nightmare about being chased. That would be very frightening for me. Sorry, Luna-Child, that you repetitively have that sleep experience.

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to sophie4

Sophie I too rarely positive dreams. Like you my dear friend, it's mostly nightmares unless my brother shows up in them it's a sign. Thankfully, I rarely sleep just have daily power naps in 1-2 hours if I'm lucky. I'm used to not sleeping and like you am done trying meds to sleep.

I remember my nightmares only if I'm exhausted.

Big Hugs 🤗

Xx

sophie4
sophie4 in reply to Luna_Child

Your brother is watching over you. You must have had a powerful love for one another. That love is never-ending!

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to sophie4

Definitely true Sophie ❤️

Hi Luna. Before I did dream a lot and mostly being chased by vampires a lot for some reason 🤷‍♀️😅But since I started meditation and my enlightenment journey, I dreamed less but most are all pleasant ones except the one I posted here confused me. I tried Ambien once for jet lag I need sleep for going back to work after a long trip. I called my friend and took my dog for a walk in the middle of the night 🤣😂 Now, once in a while I take melatonin gummy. It is natural and help me sleep asap and no bad dreams 🤗

🧛‍♂️

😂🤣

Ya the real vampires in my dreams though I wish they were like Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt in Interview with Vampires 😇😅

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your dreams. Being chased by anything is scary and I don't remember what chases me except I don't think it's a monster type being. It does frighten me a lot. I've tried Melatonin that only got me an extra hour and I felt too groggy. I'd like to try learning about dream interpretation. Any books come to mind? I did get back into meditation and have a meditation/yoga room. It relaxes me a lot and thankful my Therapist got me back into it.

Thank you so much Greatmindfulness ğŸŒˆğŸ’œğŸ’“ğŸŒºğŸŒžğŸ˜´ğŸ’¤

Xx

You’re welcomed Luna. I don’t know any book about dream interpretation because I think dreams are there because we overloaded our mind with thoughts. High-five on your meditation and yoga room as u see in my profile picture, that’s my white room only mirror and a mini fridge for my bottle waters dedicated for my practices only. Melatonin is the only natural one, the rest sleep medications all have bad side effects. Have a great evening Luna 🌈🌹❤️🙏xx

Thank you! Xx

Isinatra
Isinatra in reply to Luna_Child

I cleaned houses for about ten years. My reoccurring high anxiety dream is I’m cleaning a house, room by room and people keep going back to the room I just cleaned, messing it up again. I’m yelling at them to stop, but no one is paying attention to me like I’m not even there. I can’t figure out why that particular profession effected me that way. I’ve certainly had more stressful jobs than that. Needless to say, I get no pleasure in cleaning my own home anymore. And by the way, the dreams are in living color. Just saying...❤️🏄‍♀️

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Isinatra

Thank you for sharing your thoughts 😊

13ga

absolutely .... very common...

prescription sleep aids like ambien - often cause dreams to be: more vivid; more bizarre; sometimes lucid... AND these same drugs often do NOT provide any GOOD sleep. but there is the added bonus of addiction... ;-)

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to 13ga

Yes indeed 13ga. I won't take any sleep aids. I noticed a huge unpleasantness in my dream quality. I've never been addicted to drugs., I'm addicted to dogs and reading and I'm not about to start 😊

13ga

heh - yep - assume you meant 'stop' not start.... but agree!!! those are the very best addictions one can have!!!

got those and some other good one's too!!! 😊😊😊

san_ray70
san_ray70 in reply to Luna_Child

I am an insomniac also, I get about 5 or 6 hrs. if I am lucky, but I do not dream. If I do dream I do not remember, when people talk about dreams I wonder. Sometimes I have woken thinking I was having a conversation. When I was younger I had a night mare about being chased. Since I have got older I do not dream, or do I?

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to san_ray70

Yes most people don't remember their dreams so if anyone wants to journal them you've got to write the details down fast. My typical dream is being chased to a cliff. That's all I know and that's once in a while. I dream about my brother too. He comes to me in dreams. When I'm tired enough I nap. I'm not pushing it. I've always been a bit of an insomniac, up reading watching TV for as long as I can remember.

Sometimes I will have the same dream and I will go into it recognizing this is a dream I had before and I know what will happen. I like when this happens and I catch it, but it still doesn’t take away from the content, usually running or doing crazy acrobatics. I once dreamt I was doing backflips and learned how to do them successfully, only to wake up disappointed realizing it was a dream lol

Funny you say that....I remember having the same back flip dreams ....😄

Omg haha for real??🤣

Must have a meaning.....maybe too much sugar 😂

Yeah haha. Probably. If that’s case, I’ll be doing hundreds of backflips tonight lol

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Kainan_li

Haha 😃

😂🤣

Wow!

Luna_Child

Hi Kainan_li, thank you for sharing your dreaming story. When you're able to "catch" your dream are you meaning remember it jump back into it? That's awesome you have great dreams like doing acrobatics however a huge bummer that you wake up thinking it was all true. Enjoy the dream!

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and story on dreaming. 👍🌈😴💤😊💭🛌

Kainan_li
Kainan_li in reply to Luna_Child

Yeah I mean recognizing it as a dream I had before. So I can prepare myself 😂😂

Great post! Thanks

Luna_Child

ğŸ˜Ž cool. Pretty awesome to be so aware of your dreams. Thanks about the post. Interesting subject on dreaming. I do want to research. It seems like medication makes a difference in dreams making them more weird and/ or vivid.

Kainan_li
Kainan_li in reply to Luna_Child

🤔 I’ve been on the same med for years so I can’t say. Do you notice whether a change in meds affects you in any way with regard to dreams? All I know is that if I haven’t done much during the day, my dreams are crazier at night 🤣

Luna_Child

Yes definitely it affects my dreams.

I had a very scary dream there was this green women who was in my closet and she pulled me in and devoured me I also had a dream about a maze the walls were dripped with blood there was this man with goggles and red hair and sharp teeth I woke up screaming

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Hb2003

Oh Hiba that's one scary dream. I would have woken up screaming too. I'm so sorry. I hope you haven't had another like that. I hope all your dreams are pleasant sweety girl. ğŸŒ¹ğŸ‘ğŸŒžğŸŒºğŸ’¤ğŸ˜´ğŸŒˆ

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to Luna_Child

it happens I don’t know why I had that dream but it scared the daylights out of me it was very graphic thankfully I rarely have those dreams anymore

Luna_Child

Yes thankfully

Hb2003

I sleep peacefully now with the bathroom light on 😊

U re watching too many scary movies 🤣🤣

No I am not 🤣🤣

U wrote it in your post mam 😂😂

Stop exposing me 🤣🤣🤣

🤐🤫🤣🤣🤣

😅😂😂😂

I didn’t watch any scary movies during that time 😊

Did you read scary books? 🤣🤣

Nope 😊

Luna_Child

Good

Hb2003

I don’t know what triggered it but I remember in my dream that I was running away was super paranoid

U confused me again today 🤣

I apologize again 😊

Just teasing u 🤣😂❤️

🤣🤣🤣

I just woke up from a nap 😴 🤣🤣

Lucky!💤😊👍

Daz the side effect of spaghetti 🤣🤣😂

Yes for sure 😊

Luna_Child

I don't watch them at all. Ever. Only Comedy

🧟🦸‍♂️

was super scared I couldn’t sleep I never had a graphic dream before

Luna_Child

Sorry 😐

13ga
13ga in reply to Hb2003

Hiba - are you sure that was a dream, and not present day real life? 8-)

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to 13ga

I am sure of it 😊

I love thinking about dreams.

I dream really clearly and vividly and some of my dreams I wake up and think that they would make an awesome movie if only I could remember them long enough to dictate them or write them down :)

In my dreams it’s a mixture of people I know and people I don’t, usually I know I’m dreaming as reality changes/ people morph a lot, things aren’t what they seem.

I went through a spell of about 6 years where I didn’t recall any dreams as my sleep quality wasn’t very good and I was too poorly, but I now remember at least the one I was having before I woke up, but it’s forgotten within a couple of minutes.

When I was on amitriptyline I had sleep paralysis, it was terrifying and very vivid.

A few times I looked up some of my more peculiar dreams & what they meant & often they rang true to what I was currently experiencing/ feeling during my life.

I would love to keep a dream journal but it would take too long as I dream in detail

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to kjaylah

Oh my goodness I am so sorry that you had sleep paralysis it’s super scary I have had sleep paralysis once and I am afraid of the dark because of it

kjaylah
kjaylah in reply to Hb2003

I did have to sleep with the light on for a long time after any incident of sleep paralysis & whenever I had it I wouldn’t sleep the rest of the night, it really disturbed my sleep. Luckily my memory isn’t that great, so I’d soon forget that it was a thing and go to sleep soundly, I’d get it without any pattern, maybe once or twice a month. I figured out after a while that it was the meds.

Hb2003

did you get off of your meds

kjaylah

Yes I did, I changed meds about 4 years ago, I still had the sleep paralysis a year after coming off the meds and had it randomly again last year (but only once) so I guess it can happen at any time, but soooooo much less frequently now I’m off those meds!

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to kjaylah

I figured meds had something to with dreaming vividly. Only when I took sleep meds did I dream vividly.

Luna_Child

Yes I always have them on softly at night and the TV low because I'm up reading

Luna_Child

Sounds Scary Hiba.

Hb2003

It’s super scary to this day I keep my bathroom light on I tried to sleep without it on but I would panic

Luna_Child

Remember it's a bad dream not reality

Hb2003

Did you see a black figure with a hat when it happened

kjaylah

No I didn’t, I think you see what scares you personally. The first time it happened to me I was in a bunk bed at my cousins house & my sleep paralysis was that the top bunk was falling on top of me & I could feel it on my chest & I couldn’t move or speak.

The next time I had it I was at home in my own bed & a massive spider dropped down by my head & I couldn’t move I could only move my eyes. As soon as I could move I jumped out of bed & turned the light on & had to check everywhere as I was convinced the spider really was there. I wouldn’t sleep in that room that night. I had the spider one a few times. Even though I knew it was the paralysis after the first time it didn’t make it any less scary as I’m petrified of spiders. Another time my sleep paralysis was that someone broke into my partners flat as we were sleeping & I couldn’t warn him as I couldn’t move or speak. They truly are horrible. They feel so really and my HR is always really high during them and I’m sweating and I get anxious etc.

Hb2003

I am really sorry about that

Luna_Child

Thank you for sharing this story. It sounds scary. Xx

Isinatra
Isinatra in reply to kjaylah

I can’t even touch a picture of a spider, much less deal with a spider dream. Heart attack city!❤️🏄‍♀️

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Isinatra

Yikes

Luna_Child

Yes I'd love to keep a sleep journal too. I want to interpret them and do more research. Interpretation of dreams is so interesting. Sorry about your sleep paralysis. Thankfully it's gone.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and stories about dreaming. It's so interesting. ğŸ’¤ğŸ˜ŠğŸ‘ğŸŒŸğŸŒˆğŸŒºğŸŒžğŸ¤—ğŸŒ»ğŸ’­

Interesting facts.

You can dream 5-7x night

Dog's dream too.

Most people dream negative dreams

13ga

i think all mammals dream... certainly cats and horses do....

Luna_Child

Yes actually you're correct. All animals dream

what a great topic...

i have a recurring nightmare....

i have this dream that a madman took over our country and is driving us toward civil war... and i cannot wake up!!! can anyone please help me wake up!!!??? :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to 13ga

Hello 👋😌

Is that hand emoji a slap? 🤣😂❤️

NOO 😳🤣🤣🤣

I googled that emoji 🤣🤣🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣 oh my god 🤣🤣🤣

It’s one of the best way to wake up though 🤣🤣😂😂😂

🤣🤣🤣

K - that is MOST def. NOT the best way to wake up!!!!!

there are several ways FAR FAR FAR better - but i can't discuss them here!!! ;-) ;-)

🤣🤣🤣👋👋👋😂😂🤣🤘

Shtop it 😂😂

Okie 🤫😂😂😂

😂😂😂

I really need to sneeze but I can’t 😂😂

🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂😂 bless u

thank you 😂😂🤣

The feeling is gone 😂😂😂 I hate it when I feel like I have to sneeze and then I don’t 🤣🤣

I’m sure it will come back when you least expect it 🤣🤣😂😂

Lol 😂

Ahh now I’m scared 😂😂😂 just kidding

The sneeze monster will come into your dream? 😂😂😂

Noooo 😂😂

13ga
13ga in reply to Hb2003

it's OK if it IS a slap - as long as you wake me up, Hiba!!!!

Hiba - PLEASE wake me up!!!!!!! :) :)

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to 13ga

Slap 👋 slap 👋 slap 👋🤣🤣

13ga
13ga in reply to Hb2003

hi Hiba!!! TY!

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to 13ga

Your welcome 🤣🤣

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to 13ga

I’m so sorry are you badly bruised because of my slaps 🤣🤣

He needs them 🤣🤣😂😂

🤣🤣🤣

I do not condone slapping 🤣🤣😂😂

Who wanna double slap in the other post 🤣🤣😂😂

Who just said oh yes 😂😂😂

Me 🤣🤣🥺

Me 😳

13ga
13ga in reply to Hb2003

(not condone) lmao!! could've fooled me!!!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qPr-x...

🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂

Bazzzinga 🤣🤣🤣

Sooo burzardddd 🤣🤣🤣

It’s Bazzinga not buzzard or buzzerk 🤣🤣 only a true fan of Big Bang theory knows that 🤣🤣🤦‍♀️

I’m Rick James sweetie 🤣🤣😂😂😂😂

Who is that 😊

Someone you don’t know yet 🤣🤣😂😂

Yeah probably because I’m living under a rock 🤣

Under the bed 🤣🤣🤣now go to sleep 😂😂😂

Heck no it’s so small under there 🤣🤣

You’ll fit 🤣🤣

13ga
13ga in reply to Hb2003

Hiba - stay under that rock - it's flipping scary out here!!!!!! LOL

13ga
13ga in reply to Hb2003

bazzinga!!!! did you know i'm "sheldon" ???? lol

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to 13ga

😂

i DO - but they're not waking me up !!! ahhhhhhh!!! :-)

so my dreams...

well... not even sure where to start... i've had some amzing dreams, and some amazingly bizarre dreams...

i can also sometimes 'program my dreams' - dream about something i want to dream about.

i've had dreams where i 'predict' something that later comes true - most often this is someone close to me dying. it's happened 4x; and each time that person has died within 6mo. i keep trying to dream about certain people dying... but that hasn't happened yet! ;-) (either the dream or the death)

aside from the bad dreams i've already mentioned - i don't have too many bad dreams... tho i also know i don't remember most of my dreams...

ii've had some truly amazing and outrageous dreams too... like once i dreamed i was a woman!!!!

then there's the one where i'm standing on top of a pyramid; and thousands of naked women are chanting my name.... i'm still waiting for this 1 to come true !!!!!!! :D :D :D

i've got tons more; some i've written down.... now if i could remember where i put that journal! :-)

i've had dreams within dreams numerous times; where'd i'd wake up and still be in another dream !!!!!!

that's actually what it feels like everyday i've awoken over the last 4 years!!!! LMAO!!!! :D

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to 13ga

🤣🤣 oh my goodness 🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣👋👋👋

🤣🤣🤣I’m holding my breath 😂😂

I can’t breath. I’m laughing sooo hardddd I cried 😭

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I think I’m about to have a laughing attack 🤣/ fit

Thank you sweetie I don’t feel tired anymore 🤣🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😂 this does help big time

Yay I’m not tired either 🤣🤣

🤣🤣🤣😂😂😂😭😭😭

It’s ok 🤣🤣I thankful don’t have school tomorrow 🤣🤣

👍👍🤣🤣😂😂👋👋❤️

🤣🤣 oh man 13Ga is going to laugh sooo hard

U think? 🤣🤣🤣

Yes but he will be mad because I slapped him a lot of times 🤣🤣

13ga
13ga in reply to Hb2003

Hiba - i would never be mad at you for slapping me!!!!

if you slapped me - i know i deserved or needed it !!!!!

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to 13ga

🤣🤣🤣

Luna_Child

For sure

13ga
13ga in reply to Hb2003

i AM!!!! busting a gut reading you 2 !!!!! and TY VVVVM for that!!!!

GreatMindfulness tooo!!!

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to 13ga

Your welcome ❤️

Thank u 13ga being a trooper👍 Great laugh tonight 😂😂🤘

now that's what i like to hear!!!

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to 13ga

That’s Ko Ko alright ❤️😍

13ga
13ga in reply to Hb2003

kk right!!!! LOL ❤️😍❤️😍❤️😍

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to 13ga

🤣🤣🤣

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to 13ga

Good night ❤️

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to 13ga

4 slaps 🤣🤣👋👋👋👋 🤣🤣🤣

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to 13ga

I am sorry for slapping you so I many times 🤣🤣

13ga
13ga in reply to Hb2003

Hiba - don't apologize!!!!!

IT WASN'T ENOUGH!!!! i'm still in my nightmare!!! KEEP GOING!!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!! 💜💜💜

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to 13ga

Slap 👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋😊😊😊😊😊😊

13ga
13ga in reply to Hb2003

wwooooo hoooooo..... i think Hiba slapped me sillier than i already was - who knew that was possible!!!! :-)

Luna_Child

Ohhh didn't think it was possible...🤣😂

13ga

(didn't think it was possible)

it really isn't!!! i've had other labels thru out my life; which i've worn as badge of honor.... "touched" "twisted" "eccentric" (that's an understatement) "weird" (tho today, this 1 doesn't carry as much weight! lol) :-) :-)

This topic can take centuries bcz science has its own opinion on dreams. Religion which is led by different gods is spiritual. A Muslim god would interpret dreams diff and Jewish gods would interpreted dreams diff as well as traditional god, money god, god of different churches (we know churches have different believes even tho carry the bible) while the God who wrote the Bible inteprete dreams differently. Mind u all these have different believes which obviously tell us that the speaker is different. Believes tell of who is speaking behind, so when it comes to dreaming one has to find out the believes of that indivual in order to determine the spirit bringing that dream. If u read the Bible and deal with the God who wrote the Bible, u will find out that He interpreted dreams in His own way. Anyone who is in line with His believes will speak what Jesus spoke thus the dreams of that person would be interpreted the same.Let take food for eg, meat in the Bible speak of intense strong knowledge and growth of one who believes in the God who wrote the Bible, but this might not be the same interpretation for someone who has or believes in another god. So when it comes to ingepretaion one need to understand which god dwells in that person bcz there are people who also believe in science who will inteprete dreams differently. I never get in a debate with a person about such matters, in fact I don't even discuss things which I know are based on believes. I am sure you know there are spiritual people who see in the spirit and are sure of how dreams also come which science can not reach, for eg, the God who wrote the Bible revealed Himself to many in Bible timess and because He does not change the way He does things which means He still does reveal Himself to those He love in this day and age, we know that dreams also do come from that wonderful God. So yah, when it come to dreams, a lot is going on which we can never finish.

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Anony-123

I posted this topic because it's an interesting one and to skim the topic of what people think about their dreams, not to solve the mystery of dreams interpretation however looking for people's ideas & thoughts on their own dreams As you can see it's an interesting topic. I learned nothing about your own dreams. This isn't politics or religion, which I refuse to discuss and debate, we're just chatting about our dreams.

Thank you for your thoughts.

I gave up on trying to figure out what my dreams meant. Anything I read about interpreting dreams never matched up with my dreams. I have had a few that were easy to interpret. One was getting out of my car and stepping into mud about 3 feet deep, falling forward onto my face and suffocating because of the mud. I had just left a 32 year abusive marriage, where I was on alert constantly. The real me had long since suffocated.

I am so sorry you are an insomniac. My heart out to anyone who can't sleep.

Hi and I'm sorry you went through an abusive marriage as did I emotionally. I see most people here have talked about insomia. I think maybe it goes with anxiety for some people. Dreaming is certainly a challenging topic and interpreting rather more challenging. Thank you for sharing your thoughts

Ambien is an hypnotic sedative, designed for the falling asleep part. However, since taking it ~ I do not recall any dreams. The only time I do is if sleep is then interrupted.

Those dreams tend to be unsettling. Repetitive in nature, but not the same in actual story or images. Usually, I see people I know. Their behaviors are exaggerated.

Before Ambien, I had a lot more dreams that were outright frightening. I felt in danger. Often felt paralyzed. No restful sleep.

You may also like...