DO YOU ALWAYS TRUST YOUR **GUT INTUIT... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

55,549 members โ€ข 55,808 posts

DO YOU ALWAYS TRUST YOUR **GUT INTUITION**?

Luna_Child
Luna_Child
โ€ข176 Replies

Let's chat about a topic I'm curious about...your

**GUT FEELING/

INTUITION**

I wanted to get a sense if people listened to that little voice inside you, usually coming from the "Gut".

Do you not believe at all, listen sometimes, ignore, or listen all the time?

Why are women known for Women's Intuition? Are we born with Psychic Beings or Microchips in our guts? What is it??? ๐Ÿ˜‚

Would love to chat on this. Please join us.

๐Ÿ›‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ›‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Š

176 Replies
โ€ข

I have to say I totally and completely believe in my gut feeling's. I think women especially are pretty psychic beings. Do I always listen? No, however the darn Gut Intuition is always correct! โ˜‘๏ธ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒˆI know I need to listen more.

FifLove
FifLove in reply to Luna_Child

Same here, I have a good intuition, but to my detriment I donโ€™t act on it.

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to FifLove

I understand. It's a tough call however now that I know it's always right I'll use it.

Oh the gut feeling is so sensible and most of the time I listen. Also, women's intuition is something to rely upon ie. we tend to be able to read a man's body language. xx๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ™

Yes yes I totally agree. We are like walking psychics!!! I just need to listen more. I usually do but when I don't it was right to begin with!!

We really are. I also need to listen more as well, we'll get there xx

Yes! One of my new goals to listen to the gut more! Women really are psychic beings

Xxxx

A good goal to work towards. We really are good at picking up body language xxx๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ

Definitely, I agree!

๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ’œ xx

โ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ๐ŸŒˆ

Brig57
Brig57 in reply to Luna_Child

yes- i trust my caution dealing wth so many emergeies and comopicated horses etc......and i usually get busted by niave cherpie uppy ge psitie peopel and why i refuse to work with them........same with contractor safety etc.......im cautious .......for a reason.......i trust my caustion and why i havent broken my back or neck with allthese horses and situatons.........i walk alone and people hassle me...........i ignore them or wont work for them..........usually thankful ......and most ofthe time i was right.............brave and bold is for green horns.........all veterns of all areas are scared shitnles.............they alwsy put green troops in for assualt ........brave bedasue they are stupid

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Brig57

So Brig you trust your gut as well? ๐Ÿ‘ Hope you are well!

Brig57
Brig57 in reply to Brig57

the green horns are alwwyempoeas so positive and blah blad.........and those are the ones everhoen hires.......................experieneed people are mean and grouchy on safety....thats why they are still walking around....................no one listens.........not my problem.........fealess and all that gargage is just that...........i have thousands of horses and students under my belt aand the metnoal health popel and cousnrorors and empoyers give me a hard time.............fine.................

wait til the wrecks start coming in...........and theambulances..............the young instrutors are veru psotie and very dangerous.........they wont be so pistifve when they are my age..........then they tell u not to be bitter........mornonic cousnelors........

Luna_Child

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your intuition Brig ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒˆ

Brig57

i am a nice guy out of work .......im exteremeoy strict when i teach safety wise........due to experience.............my students come home safe........no one likes a stricdt gy they want the uugn mickey mouse cheerful type not the old grouch who says ........no polteely ................wont get jobs...........theu wont hire expernce or listen..........even cousleorar..........call me an old grouch..............they have zero.............experiene same as all the other..........idiots............oh horses wont hurt u .............etc oh its a safe world aand all that conseors say..............morons.

Luna_Child

I hear you. You're a great guy. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒŸ

Brig57

the counselors shut down the pros and listne to the dangerous rank amatures.......wtf do cousnelors know in our areas...............nada..............

guess who they hire.................the cheerleader groups..............very fun and cheery.............

dangerous..........

Brig57

got busted i the hosptial as the grumph old man

name one experieced fishign captain who is the love boat

name one logger that is the mouster grouop

name one contractor that wont chew someone ass for beign unsafe

connsoelors shoud know their limits.......

Brig57

i refuse to teach or vet med as the mental healht system with zero expernece busts on us that have 50 years in it.......but they know better and have the power........fine........have fun........

Luna_Child

I hear you ๐Ÿค—

Luna_Child

Some don't follow their guys Brig.

I live by my instincts. Apparently that is called hyper vigilance

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to JW621

Cool! Whatever you call it if it's right for you then follow the path...

I think often time, we mistake between intuitive insight and wishful thinking. The more I meditate the more I feel and trust my intuition these days. Thank you for another great post Luna ๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ™xx

Good point, GreatMindfulness ๐ŸŒŸI too need to trust more. I'm interested in why women feel it more than men. We do have it stronger. Are we born with little psychic beings in our guts?? ๐Ÿ˜Š

I did look into this subject before and found out that we all have a natural capacity for intuition, but often social conditioning and formal education work against it. And for sure we women do have strong gut feeling more than men ๐Ÿ˜†

So you're interested too? It's a very interesting topic to chat about. Do you think it's because women are born more nurterers?

Men have more neurons in the cerebral cortex, the brain's outer layer and women have more neuropil which contains the processes allowing cell communication. Intuition deals with the difference between the intellectual, logical mind and the more encompassing realm of spirit. Logic is how the mind knows reality, intuition is how the spirit experiences. Often time we are taught to ignore our instincts rather than to understand for growth.

Amazing. Thank you so much. I have to copy that answer if it's ok with you. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

Oh for sure Luna. And you can see how girls are mature much faster than boys ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Oh got you there sister ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐ŸคฃThank you for letting me copy it. Much appreciated. Very interesting!

You are very welcomed! Great topic posts to learn from always Luna. Thank you for making our Saturday so positively great ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ™xxx

That's kind of you to say. Its a very interesting subject and I've been thinking a lot about it lately. I really wanted others opinions. I knew I couldn't be the only one intrigued by this topic. Thank you for sharing ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ˜Šxxx

i listen to my gut feeling pretty much always

Good for you ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒŸ. It's always right isn't it?

kinda lol

I've listened to my gut feeling more and more as I've got older, it's usually right. I think we learn as we get older too. A very interesting topic Luna. Thank you xxxx๐Ÿ’žโ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’Ÿ

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Oldham65

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I think as I get older I'm more aware it really is correct. Thanks Lynne ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒŸ

Oldham65
Oldham65 in reply to Luna_Child

Yes you are right. You are very welcome. Love and hugs Lynne xxxx โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ

Luna_Child

Love and Hugs Lynne xxxx (I spell mine just like yours) ๐Ÿ’œโ™ฅ๏ธ. I know there have been so many times I've messed up and said "I should have listened"!

Oldham65

Yes, that was me when I was younger, we learn as we get older. That's good. I don't know many people who have our name. There was one girl at school whose initials were the same as mine so we were Lynne 1 and Lynne 2 in one of our classes!!

Lots of love and hugs Lynne xxxx โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ

Luna_Child

You're the only one I know. Whenever I meet someone with our name I ask with an E? My dad Insisted on the E. Good decision Lynne! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒŸโค๏ธ๐ŸŒž๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿ™Œ

Oldham65

Thank you!! I know a couple of ladies who spell it Lynn but with the A are very few and far between. Xxxxโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ

Luna_Child

Wow I've never seen that. Lynna? Pretty but ours is prettier

Oldham65

Sorry but I meant with the E are few and far between and not A!! I like our name!! Xxxxโ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ

Luna_Child

๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ

san_ray70
san_ray70 in reply to Luna_Child

My sister, my mother and I have always been physchic, one year, when I used to go abroad, my sister had a dream. She rang me, she was worried if I drove a car abroad I would have an accident. I never had occasion to drive abroad, but I do not think I wanted to after that. On quite a few occasions, we knew what was happening before being told.

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to san_ray70

Amazing story. Our guts and Psychic ability can save us.

I should but I do not, unfortunately its also occurred when death is near and I just always get that gut feeling , but always ignore it.

Before my next door neighbour passed I had a gut feeling for months something was/might happen I ignored it, then ended up having to do CPR on him, but unfortunately he still passed.

There has also been many many other times I should of followed it, but I do not for some reason.

Also dreams too,when I was 12 my grandmother passed away, that night I had a dream of her passing and there being arguments etc.

Next morning my father came into my room to tell me my grandmother passed, I did not know how to react because I already knew about it.

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to CJ2016

Do you think you might change your mind after participating in this post?

CJ2016
CJ2016 in reply to Luna_Child

Probably not because I am stubborn and as much as I like to believe there is more out there I am also very skeptical , even though I have had experiences.

That's why I have always ignored my gut feeling when it happens I try to look at it logically but always turns out my gut instinct is telling me something is really going on.

I have dabbled in meditation and briefly the whole opening of the 3rd eye thing, but I have never delved deeper then the surface really.

Luna_Child

Sure I completely understand. It's really a personal decision based on your experiences. Thank you for sharing and being upfront and candid ๐Ÿ‘

CJ2016

No problem also I would say Deja Vu happens a lot also, like the night my mother passed I had Deja Vu.

I was doing something and I had Deja Vu but this time there was a feeling of something bad is going to happen the feeling of dread I had never experienced it to that extent before and unfortunately that's exactly what happened not that I expected it to be my mother of all people.

Luna_Child

Isn't that a premenition?I thought Deja Vu was a weird feeling you had been in the same place before? I'm sorry about your mom that's so sad. My heart breaks for you. Xx

CJ2016

It's kind of difficult to explain so , I was doing something I did everynight , and the way I put the papers in order felt like a way I done it before, but the way I done it felt like something bad was going to happen because I have done it this way but never actually had.

It's difficult to try and explain it but yeah was deff Deja Vu mixed with something else , and thank you much appreciated it was only two months ago and still feels like moments ago more so because I also had to do CPR on her for half hour before helped arrived. Xx

Luna_Child

That sounds awfully heartbreaking for you. If you need to chat I'm here. We all are. It's so fresh 2 months. I lost my brother in a motorcycle accident. Died on the spot. Grieve as you must. We all grieve differently. Again, I'm so sorry. โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ˜”Xx

CJ2016

Thank you , I really do appreciate the support from people such as your self and everyone on the site, also sorry for your loss too.

Since my mother and dog passed(had to be put to sleep in December) I have just been looking for signs.

As stupid as it may sound I feel like I can not find peace until I know both my mother and dog are back together and are ok.

I go to my mother's grave every week, and talk asking for a sign , twice something has happened but then my brain says there is a logical explanation.

First time , I was asking for a sign as well as talking in general , and when I got back to the car I sat for a moment and a Robin flew on the branch next to my car and was there for a while I just watched it and was like is that a sign.

Second was I was at her grave talking saying I really needed a sign, and this bird was sqwaking,until I looked up, on the church roof a black crow was perched on the cross on the church roof, I blew it a kiss and it flew off. So I am like ok that has to be a sign.

But again my brain is like there is probably an explanation behind it so yeah its mixed thoughts going on xx

Luna_Child

There are many signs and it's true. Birds are signs, feathers, it's totally true they are reaching out. Don't dismiss it you're missing out of your loved ones inc your dog reaching out. I've researched this topic and met with others and talked about this and family friends dogs are all reunited. Google signs from loved ones who've passed. It's a real phenomenon. The time after the funerals of my brother and cousin we were walking out of church and one of my cousins looked up and said there goes R... & R...2 white Doves perched on the church roof flew away. Think outside the box. It's amazing what you'll learn when you google this topic

CJ2016

I have read into it a little bit, Robins are supposed to be signs that a deceased love one is sending a message as for crows they have mixed signals depending on what the person believes.

The fact that it flew away once I blew a kiss at it does make me wonder.

I would like to delve more into the whole opening the 3rd eye and see what's down the rabbit hole if you will.

But I know I really need to switch off my logical side of my brain for that to work, and I tend to be a very logical person so it's going to be tough.

In the passed I have also dabbled in EVP , but again my brain takes over , but I definitely hope and think there is more to the world than what we just see and what we can't see (or what some can't see) is what I really want to see.

Luna_Child

Switch off logic research signs from loved ones who've passed. You'll be amazed

CJ2016

I really do want to try, and I don't just want signs I want to really go down the rabbit hole and experience the possibility of hearing or seeing that "otherside" like that of a medium if you will.

Luna_Child

Yes I've met with Psychic Mediums. Very interesting. My family & I also went and see a popular one who wrote books. George Anderson Is the best I found. He wrote Gone but Not Forgotten, look on Amazon make a list they are books you want to keep.

CJ2016

Thanks I will have to have a nose, as well as using Google and YouTube .

Luna_Child

Get the nose but get it into the books too re George Anderson. Let me know if you need anything. His books are absolutely amazing. ๐Ÿ‘

CJ2016

Yeah I'll try my best, thats another aspect I need to work on is being able to sit in one place to actually read a book without getting bored in all of 5 secs even if I am interested in said topic.

Luna_Child

You won't be bored these are actual case examples

CJ2016

I get bored pretty easily, I start things and tend not to finish them or continue with them because I get really bored really quick.

I have tried learning the guitar but got bored, the piano got bored, went to college to do IT dropped out because I got bored.

Had a few jobs finished them all because I got bored, dabbled in some paranormal research but got bored.

Tried reading books loads of times even on topics I really like, I get a few pages in , then get bored, my mother even use to say my biggest problem is that I get bored pretty easily.

I just bought a native american flute(replica) because I want to try and play a native american flute , but I guarantee I'll do it for all of 5 mins and get bored.

I just stupidly get bored quickly everytime.

Luna_Child

These are factual accts from people. Very interesting

CJ2016

I'll try my best.

Oldham65
Oldham65 in reply to CJ2016

HiI'm so sorry to read about the loss of Mum and your dog, this is heartbreaking Phone me anytime you need to , I will be there for you. Day or night, is fine as I don't sleep well.

. I do think there are signs. I lost a very dear friend of mine in December which I've found very hard to come to terms with. I have managed to get in touch with one of Trish's friends who is lovely. Anyway, she was out walking in the woods and had stopped my a tree. A lady came and started talking to her. She said you've suffered a great loss recently, Pat was her name then Lynda suddenly remembered that people would either call our friend Pat, Patty or Trish. Lynda had never met this lady so we both think there was a sign, she also said Trish is ok , you know. Lynda went home feeling really calm. Lynda phoned me to tell me. Trish way definitely looking down on Lynda.

Sorry for rabbiting on.

All my love Lynne xxxx โค๏ธ๐Ÿ™โค๏ธ๐Ÿ™

Luna_Child

๐Ÿ’•Lynne. Thank you for your response

Oldham65

๐Ÿ‘โฃ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘โฃ๏ธxxxx

CJ2016
CJ2016 in reply to Oldham65

I thought I had replied to your post, but did not so apologies,but thank you, its truly appreciated.

Oldham65
Oldham65 in reply to CJ2016

HiNo need for apologies. You are very welcome xxxx โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ

i have had to leave a lot of jobs due to dangerous orders which effects myh job record andof corese myandfamily never lisenr or asks........effect my son...........yes........im pretty mad........not much i can do.........ast least u listen.........step forward..........i steer clear fo the mental health system and know italls............noexperience

Ok Deja Vu is a feeling you've been that same place before?

Premenition is something's going to happen. A bad or good feeling?

Gut feeling is your gut saying do or don't?

Deja vu in itself is a reality. Our existence moves in a circle, not in a line. So somewhere deep in our unconscious, we are carrying all the memories of all the past lives. It is very possible that again and again we will come to situations which are alike and suddenly we feel as it has happened before.

Premonition is a strong feeling about whatโ€™s about to happen. It is something we expect to happen. However life is an adventure because of all the unexpected events so Iโ€™m not too keen on the premonition concept.

Gut feeling is like intuition, our inner voice alerts us.

Yes CJ and I were discussing just now. The Deja Vu I'd like to research more. Interesting. Thank you ๐Ÿ’•๐Ÿ˜Š xxx

Youโ€™re welcomed Luna. Very interesting topic โค๏ธ๐Ÿ™xxx

I'm going to start researching Monday. Thank you. It's the weirdest feelings with past lives...gives me goosebumps.

This universe sure has a lot of dimensions Luna that we donโ€™t fully understand yet. Infinite is the universe.

That's for sure

No I never trusted my intuition. I have been too indecisive probably from depression but it's left me not trusting my own judgment. I do have a good bulshit meter though.You know I love yall talking about signs and birds. We were just talking about that about a week ago.

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Marysblue

I love the Bullshit Meter! Yes I was just discussing signs from deceased loved ones with another member.

Hi Luna x

Now as an adult, I always have trusted my gut feeling and it has kept me safe throughout my life. It started with my mother putting the fear of doing anything on my own which made me

distrust my own feelings as a child. When I was on my own, I learned to trust myself and my

intuitions in life. That is when I grew emotionally. Thanks for your great posts :) xx

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Agora1

Agora1 Thank you for sharing your profound experience with trusting your gut. It's an interesting phenomenon.

Xxx

san_ray70
san_ray70 in reply to Agora1

I loved my mum, but I never felt she encouraged me in anything. My dad was the one who gave me confidence, I miss both of them, dad passed a long time ago mum two years ago. I still feel my dad is with me, watching after all these years. I talk to mum in my own way every day.

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to san_ray70

That's lovely and she's watching over you for sure. Thank you for sharing

I do listen to my gut feeling but the feeling is intense and so uncomfortable I remember once I felt so nervous my tutor was on her computer she was lying to me she showed my grade to her BF I cried and I cried I felt utter shame I will always listen to my gut feeling this happened in 8th grade

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Hb2003

I'm so sorry this happened to you. How awful!! I agree your gut feeling is definitely the way to go!! You're a very bright intelligent young lady. ๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒŸ

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to Luna_Child

she yelled at me because I am bad at math ๐Ÿ˜ฃ

Luna_Child

That's awful. I would have gone the principal or said to her that's not very nice

Hb2003

I told my teacher and I told her should I even forgive her ?

Luna_Child

You didn't do anything wrong. If someone is upset it doesn't mean you did something wrong. Tutors Teachers etc are supposed to be professional. Yelling is wrong.

Hb2003

I agree she said some pretty mean things to me

Luna_Child

Very wrong! Unprofessional.

Hb2003

thankfully this happened in 8th grade I honestly was struggling with math and it was not my fault my brain doesnโ€™t understand it ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

Hb2003

She was a student teacher for special Ed

Hb2003

Thank you โค๏ธ

Luna_Child

You're welcome ๐ŸŒŸ

Hb2003

That was my math tutor

Luna_Child

Terrible behavior she had.

Hb2003

Still have scars from it but it doesnโ€™t affect me that much anymore

Luna_Child

I'm sorry. I'm glad the memory is fading away

Hb2003

Itโ€™s ok it happens my mom has helped me forget about it also my teacher

Luna_Child

Your mom sounds lovely

Hb2003

She has helped me a lot with my mental health sheโ€™s so sweet and kind I love her sooo much

Luna_Child

Awesome ๐Ÿ‘

Hb2003

๐Ÿ˜„ just like all of you are super sweet and kind ๐Ÿ˜„โค๏ธ

Luna_Child

So are you sweety ๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ

Oldham65
Oldham65 in reply to Hb2003

That's absolutely awful!! I really feel for you . You are lovely and intelligent. That student teacher should never have treated you like that! I'm pleased you have the support of your lovely Mum and a different teacher.

Yes, you are right to use your gut instinct. xxxx๐Ÿ’œโ™ฅ๏ธ๐Ÿ’œโ™ฅ๏ธ

Hb2003
Hb2003 in reply to Oldham65

Thank you โค๏ธ She was co teaching with my special Ed teacher

Luna_Child

๐Ÿ˜”

Hb2003

Yeah itโ€™s a shame honestly

Luna_Child

That's for sure

Hb2003

The past is the past I am going to forget about her

Oldham65

Did your teacher ssy anything to her? Xxxx

Hb2003

She didnโ€™t because she left the school

Oldham65

Do you mean your teacher left or the awful trainee teacher left xxxxโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ

Hb2003

Awful trainee teacher

Hb2003

Left

Oldham65

I'm sure everyone was pleased to see the back of her!! I wonder if she was asked to leave? Xxxxโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ

Hb2003

she left to go to a different school

Luna_Child

Yeah ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hb2003

Yeah ๐Ÿ˜„

Oldham65

I wonder how long she lasted there ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿค—โค๏ธxxxx

Hb2003

Well a few months I guess itโ€™s been soo long

Hb2003

Your so sweet i appreciate your kindness โค๏ธโ˜บ๏ธ

Oldham65

Thank you and so are you!! Lots of love and hugs Lynne xxxx โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ

Hb2003

๐Ÿซ‚ hugs โค๏ธ๐Ÿ˜„

Oldham65

Hugs right back to you(((((๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—)))))

xxxxโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ

Luna_Child

She is isn't she?

Hb2003

โค๏ธโค๏ธ

I used to struggle so much listening to my own gut intuition. My depression and GAD cause me to doubt myself often. Since I've been on medication, I've been able to trust my own gut intuition much more easily.

HiI'm glad you can trust your gut intuition more now you are on meds.

Xxxx๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ’œ

Catsamaze
CatsamazeADAA Volunteer

When Iโ€™m well I go with my gut. When depression has hijacked my intuition I tend not to.......

Oldham65
Oldham65 in reply to Catsamaze

HiThat's understandable. I know when I'm tired I don't think straight xxxxโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ

Luna_Child

I agree, me either

Oldham65

Fed up , not been to sleep yet. I have an hour or less each night due to pain from my many conditions. Hope you don't read this until morning because at least I know you will have slept xxxxโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ

Hb2003

I am sorry that your having pain

Oldham65

Thank you. How are you feeling at the moment? Xxxxโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ

Hb2003

Iโ€™m feeling alright โค๏ธโค๏ธ

Oldham65

Good xxxxโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ

Problem has always been this: I listen to my inner- voice, sometimes quiet, other times much louder (Hey you, can you here me????). My intuition is usually right on target.

But, when I don't like my gut feelings, I'm apt to change them quickly, much like a kid in an ice-cream store who decides on having a strawberry cone, then , similar to a shooting star, the kid says, "Nope, don't want strawberry. I want cookie dough with chocolate sprinkles...yeah, lots of sprinkles."

Not listening to my intuition has usually, if not always, brought me lots of troubles!!!

Women have far more access, trust and acceptance of what their gut feelings may be 'telling' them at any given time, in any given situation than men. Women often delve into opportunities to individually or, in a group (yeah, in the good old days)

explore and discover more about their gut instincts and how these gut feelings affect their lives. Women are sometimes very spontaneous and will react/respond to various stimuli without hesitation.

This is how I feel about the subject. I'm NOT saying there's any validity to my thoughts, just sharing my take on a excellent topic.

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to sophie4

Great comment sophie. You make many great points. Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this.

I replied but can't find it. Anyhow...great topic, Luna!!! Thanks for your Post!!!

OMG...right on top of "I can't find it." That's because I scroll down, I guess.

Luna_Child

Yes scroll up โ˜บ๏ธ

sophie4
sophie4 in reply to Luna_Child

I did!

I always have my gut direct me and listen. Sometimes I will have dreams or smell scents. I know danger is around the corner. Please listen to your instinct.

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Miaangelo

Great point. There are many signs

I see you have struck chord with everyone! I have always been an "empath", being able to sense what people around me were feeling in a meeting, in our country or with a single person. I believe that feeling what the mood is of others (being empathetic) is something many people with anxiety, depression and bipolar may experience to varying degrees.

We all have "psychic" abilities and they come in many areas of abilities. Clairsentient = feeling, clairvoyant = sight, clairaudience = hearing, claircognizance = knowing, clairgustance = tasting and clairairatience = smelling. These are ways we may gain information through psychic perceptions that others may not have.

Intuition is claircognizance when you know something without a source for the knowledge or maybe much of the context either. The "gut" is also referred to as the "second brain" because there is a vast network of nerves between the gut and our brains. It helps us interpret what we encounter. "It doesn't feel right." ("a sinking feeling" or "knot in your stomach").

In my experience, intuition provides guidance to us when we are open to it. I had a teacher who said "You take what you get." In other words, don't reconfigure, dismiss or adulterate the message or feeling. When we over think it and we miss it.

If the intuitive pull is strong enough, it is a road sign and giving us directions. I believe that many of us here are sensitive, like a satellite receiver for experiencing the world more intensely and louder than most other people, This can be a blessing for gaining deeper understanding or may be too much and overwhelm us, especially when it's negative energy. Kind of like some of what's been happening over the past few weeks, years....Lol.

There is more to talk about sensitive people but I have strayed off topic.

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to dmt1121

Important point being open to it and empaths are more likely to experience these feelings. You make many valid points. I always believed in my gut feeling and not always followed. Bad move. As I've grown older I've learned a lesson. Listen to my gut.

Thank you for sharing

sophie4
sophie4 in reply to dmt1121

Your reply to Luna_Child's stimulating Post was especially informative, perfectly organized in content and most especially, for me, exciting.

Reminiscent of my past, when I enrolled in or audited many classes pertaining to expanding our current knowledge (at that time) of the complexities and infinite potential of the human brain, I felt a renewed commitment to learn more, to examine additional research, to be a participant in the quest for knowledge of the capacities we inherently possess of expanding our understanding of clarcognizance ( only one example). I feel empowered to once again revel in the "magical mystery tour", and embrace significant personal experiences, once too threatening to me to further and more comprehensively explore.

The Institutes for the Achievement of Human Potential had been the launching pad for me to feed my curiosity of how to more deeply connect to my internal demand to reach further into the study of the paranormal and my personal psychic abilities.

What you shared with us gave me permission.

Thank you so much.

Luna_Child

Sophie,You're reply is highly appreciated and informative. I am glad you are interested In exploring the paranormal & psychic abilities further thank you for sharing your thoughts and feelings

LC๐ŸŒ™

Xxxโค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒŸ

dmt1121
dmt1121 in reply to sophie4

I believe you and Luna Child understand on an intuitive level that what we are talking about is innate. We are spiritual beings, regardless of our faith or lack thereof. We live this life on this plane in darkness because of the overwhelm of our daily routines or because we cannot face the uncertainty that consideration of a much more expansive life brings. Humans, by nature, will fight anything unknown or new. We suffer from "us" and "them".

In the spiritual realm, there is only ALL and everyone together, not as a cult but connected to each other spiritually and psychically. Most of us cannot see this on this plane. I believe there is a place for both. We are here to learn and hopefully raise our consciousness. If we push ourselves to explore these connections and remain curious, while also remaining skeptical, we will meet the right people to help us find each other in new ways and with new meaning. I wish us all success!

Luna_Child

Thank you so much for your reply, dmt1121. I appreciate your share and I learn more with each person that shares their innermost thoughts.

Hello there. I think men have intuition too, they are just more likely to call it a hunch or a gut feeling about something. But I think as women we really have to be more careful and protective when we're around men, we know we're more vulnerable. Let's face it, if we get involved with a guy we know we're the one that could end up pregnant. So I think sometimes women have to rely on intuition as a survival skill. I'm nervous writing about this because I don't want anyone calling me a slut or thinking I sleep around with a lot of guys because I don't. When I was 40 years old, I got involved with a predator, player, whatever you want to call him. My intuition was telling me things were moving too fast and that this was wrong, but he was very handsome and charming and I got sucked in. It was a brief intense thing, at least give me credit for making sure he didn't get me pregnant. But now the problem I have is I don't feel like I can have sex with anyone else, I feel like I'm ruined. I really relate to songs like Taylor Swift's I knew you were trouble when you walked in, and Avril Lavigne's song I fell in love with the devil. I'm 50 now, it's still a very difficult thing to get over. I consider myself to be an intelligent person and I was 40, how did I fall for that???!!!! So I say as women, we definitely have to use our intuition as a survival skill sometimes. On another note, sometimes I think I might be clairaudient. Music and sounds really speak to me. It's hard to explain. Or maybe I'm just a supersensitive empath. I've really had to learn to keep my guard up, and it's hard to be diagnosed with bipolar disorder and feeling sometimes like psychiatrists and social workers are trying to pry into your brain and sometimes want information they have no business knowing. Some psychiatrists can be really creepy, with some of them I have had the gut feeling of be very careful what I tell this person. They are not to be trusted. And it's like I have to be subjected to them, I don't have much of a choice.

Thank you Googoodollsfan for sharing your innermost Thoughts. It could not have been easy to express yourself and I thank you for taking the time as we all learn from other people's replies. I agree men have a feeling similar to a gut feeling and are more intended to not take stock in it. No worries here. Too many people are afraid of being honest and upfront with their true feeling's here. I understand and I say why are we here If we cannot express ourselves openly. Too many can't do's around here and not enough can's.

Have a wonderful day! ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ™Œ

You make very good points about intuition and how may be a useful tool for woman to protect themselves. Also, you are spot on about protecting one's self from what might be termed "psychic attack". Being an empath requires a higher level of empathy, that goes beyond imagining what it's like to be in someone else's situation.

Being an empath means you are essentially feeling an intense version of what's around you and that can be overwhelming. You may also feel the psychic and emotional energy of who was in that space and what happened there, long before you entered. As an exercise, our teacher brought us for a private tour of an old mansion in Oakland, CA. Our class was accompanied by only the curator. There was one particular room where two of us became physically ill (sick to our stomachs - literally a gut reaction) and had to leave the room. It was a feeling that something awful had occurred there. The curator knew of nothing that happened there but a I am sure it did.

This sensitivity can cause emotional reactions, and even physical ones, that are diagnosed as psychiatric conditions. This is not to say that people do not have these conditions or should go off our meds.

However, if we can learn to control our exposure and "saturation" to the energy around us, we will not be debilitated by it. Keeping our "guard up" is a good description. It is a balancing act and requires us to learn control.

Luna_Child

I'm sure something absolutley did happen there! I am into paranormal and ghost hunting as well. I have proof on film that things exist beyond the physical being.

There's an interesting book out there, you may have already heard of it, called The Empaths Survival Guide by Judith Orloff. I read it from a library a couple of years ago, I'm thinking about buying it. We really have to watch out for ourselves because narcissists or energy vampires just love to go after us.

Yes, I bought it. It is a good book with valuable information.

Luna_Child

Have you read Anxious People? I read it yesterday in 5 hours.

Thanks for the tip. I'll order it from the library. Another one I finished in 5 hours is Anxious People. 200 people are on the waiting list at the library!

I do listen to my intuition most of the time. Throughout my life every time I ignored it my intuition ended up being right. I feel it most of the time around other people. I try not to make any kind of judgment if I don't know them well but am cautious.

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Mrspjsmom

So you're more likely to pay attention to your gut because you know it's correct. When we don't listen and we are correct it causes a lot of anxiety. Hey we should chat later about self esteem. I'll be back later today.

๐ŸŒˆ๐ŸŒŸ๐Ÿ‘

Hidden
Hidden

I think SOMETIMES gut feelings happens because your brain stored an information or happening that you witnessed. I believe it is from your short term memory and when something triggers it and you get this feeling that tells you that it is right or wrong. Now don't get me wrong I said SOMETIMES not ALL THE TIME. I've had something to wrong with my vehicle and I had a bit feeling I knew what it was. I am clueless when it comes to cars. But anyway i took it to a shop and told them what I thot it was. They checked it out and found I was right. Some time later I was talking to a friend of mine and he said oh yeah remember about 5 years ago we stalled out on the road and had to get the car fixed. Same deal happened then that hapoened to me. I didnt even recall the event from 5 years before. So yes SOMETIMES I believe it is a short term memory that became a gut feeling.

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Hidden

You make Excellent points Suncastle. Thank you for responding to my inquisitive post and sharing your innermost thoughts.

Xx

I had a gut feeling about a guy I thought he was wired and odd did not follow and sadly had sexual abuse as the price of not following my gut. Please everyone follow your gut does not feel wright or odd stay away .

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Mia898

Good point. Our guts are correct and lead our path to making the right decision.

Xx

Mia898
Mia898 in reply to Luna_Child

Yes your 100% correct . I have learnt that now :)

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Mia898

As I get older I know to listen!!

I didn't always listen to my inner voice but as I've got older,I do now, especially when it comes health matters. Women definitely are more psychic than men.

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to sobs1962

I agree ๐Ÿ‘

You may also like...