THE PERFECT MEMORY YOU HAVE OF THE PE... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

71,047 members69,097 posts

THE PERFECT MEMORY YOU HAVE OF THE PERFECT MOMENT (S)

Luna_Child profile image

If you could hold the perfect memory in your hand what would it be?

It can be anything at all because it's yours to hold on to.

This is hard for some or most of us who think of being distraught and depressed more often and struggling to find a happy one.

62 Replies

Mine is going to my Grandparent's house, whom I loved to the ends of the Earth and back and having tea at her kitchen table talking endlessly. My grandpa would watch his soap operas and pop in every so often. Sometimes me and gram would read the Enquirer and she'd make "Cowboy Coffee" on the stove. I miss them dearly. ❤️

Too painful to add however I decided to is the last time I saw my brother alive. ❤️. At home the night before he died.

❤️❤️❤️❤️

😊 thanks 🤗

in reply to Luna_Child

❤️🙏❤️🙏

Christmas day with my parents

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Bigneil1

Beautiful memories Bigneil! That's one of my big favorites, too. Many Beautiful memories there of putting up the tree and decorations day after Thanksgiving.

LC🎅🌛

Xx

I have a special place I go to I imagine I’m in the forest and the sun is making shapes on the dirt path through the trees as I squat down to hug my little ones and further along the path is a waterfall to look forward to on the journey. ❤️

How beautiful Starrlight ❤️. A peaceful journey with your little one's.

Xx🤗

Mine would be to go back to being a little girl and being held in my mother’s arms and kissed.my mum passed when I was 16 x

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Tillymay

Tillymay I'm so sorry your mom passed when you were 16. A very delicate age of finding yourself and continuing on your journey of life. I can't imagine however your favorite memory is so beautiful I would suggest drawing it and framing it. ❤️

Xx🤗

Walking down the aisle on my wedding day and feeling like a princess.

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Mrspjsmom

So beautiful with your Prince Charming waiting at the end of your walk and beginning of a new journey. ❤️

🤗

Xx

Mrspjsmom profile image
Mrspjsmom in reply to Luna_Child

My veil was covered in sequins and my dress had sequins and pearl colored beads. When my best friend got married she wore my veil.

I have another I have a memory when after a 2 day trip to my grandparents house I finally hear the rocks under the tires leading to their house and it was just the best sound in the world because I love them and the farm they lived on.

My grandparents are special to me too. I love them all, especially my Grandpa Ted. I can remember being 21 and how he talked me out of getting a tattoo. I'm glad I have no tattoos now. And another good memory I have is how I was 10 years old and at a huge swimming pool my family went to in the summer, there were three diving boards, one of them was the high dive, like what you see these divers doing things in the Olympics. I didn't tell any of my family what I was doing, because if I decided to chicken out I didn't want them to know, but I calmly went up the high dive and held my breath and jumped off of it. And I'm proud that I had the guts to do that on my own with no one trying to coax me to do it or anything like that. Then I went up to my mom and said " I just jumped off the high dive!!! Would you like to see me do it again???". Now I never tried to actually dive off of it, just because I didn't want to bellyflop and hurt my stomach! But I'm glad I jumped off of it. No one can tell me I'm not brave. ❤️

Oh how nice. My grandpa was special too. Yes you are braver than brave in more instances in life than diving from a high diving board which is extremely brave. Beautiful memories 🤗

When I got a horse for Christmas 6 years ago. It was a happy memory but I’m sad that he is gone.

Oh nice🐴🐎🏇 then you're quite the rider. Horses are beautiful animals. Unfortunately they leave us too soon like all of our other animal friends. Keep those memories 🤗

Xx

Thanks Luna

You're welcome 😊Thanks for sharing 👍

Xx

Of course! What is your favorite memory?

Mine is written above. 😊

My moms kindness her hugs and kisses also my brother too ❤️

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Hb2003

How sweet Hb. What a beautiful memory to hold onto. ❤️

🤗

Hb2003 profile image
Hb2003 in reply to Luna_Child

I love my mom so much and my brother so much

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Hb2003

I know you do. You're family sounds lovely ❤️

Hb2003 profile image
Hb2003 in reply to Luna_Child

Thanks luna ❤️

its hard as what should have been the perfect memory was taken from me my 1st born child.my ex`s mother tarnished what should have been the perfect memory but I held him before his mother.due to circumstances we got kept apart but one perfect memory was a day I got to take him skiing he was about 4 years old and I was on a princes trust course and our leader planned a day out skiing at the end of the course.everyone loved him he had everyone laughing the whole day its a special memory no one can ever take from me.

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to kenster1

I'm sorry he was taken from you. So sad. Your memory is so beautiful Kenster. Spending the day skiing with your little boy. That's a treasure. 🤗

This is why I take photographs because they're proof, if even for once, everything was perfect.

Hey sister great post i love it👍👍👍. The perfect memory i wolud say is when i purchased my own house at the age 30, debt free i worked so hard and saved up for a very long time to accomplish that goal. Before that i moved in my first Apartments at the age 20. Now at 37 and im a home owner.

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Mratl83

Wow! Big kudos to you, my brother!!! Congratulations to you on your success. That's an amazing accomplishment. 👍❤️🌞🏡

Oh I certainly have a very happy one and it's a day when my dad, who was in the Navy, came home from sea. My mum said to me that your dad is coming home today and told me the time. She said to me that your dad will be walking down the road about now, I ran up the road, saw my dad, he put his bag down, held out his arms and I went running to him. I will remember this image and time for the rest of my life. My dad has been gone now for nearly 25 years and my mum 13 years next month. I miss both my mum and dad so much.

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to

I'm in tears. 😢 What a memory.

in reply to Luna_Child

Thank you and it's a memory that I've never forgotten. My mum and dad were awesome parents, I was daddy's little girl and he used to call me 'poppet'. 🙏🌈💜

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to

Awww how sweet. ❤️.

in reply to Luna_Child

Thank you xx❤❤

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to

❤️🌈❤️🌈❤️🌈❤️🌈

in reply to Luna_Child

Aww 💜💜💜❤❤🌈🌈

I have a memory of a sunny day. A path dug through a hill with forest on either side looking down at me. Rays of sun gently flickering as leaves sway in a pleastant breeze that tickles my head as the wind moves through my hair.

Very nice and pleasant. 😊

My favourite memory is of my wedding day. Walking down the aisle with my Dad and my Mum looking on with pride as my new husband awaits , very nervous but beaming from ear to ear . My Mother and Father in Law also looking on as their son was about to marry me!! I miss them both dearly. I shall never get over losing them but have learnt to live with it.Two more memories are of giving birth to our sons, the best feeling ever.

Lots of love and hugs Lynne xxxx ❤️💜

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to

That's priceless

Luna, I'm sorry....a very bitter sweet memory for sure :) xx

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Agora1

I'm sorry Agora

Big intenet problems here

Know all my friends here have made a huge huge differnce and I only share thibgs here brcause of my trust. D

May be obvious or may not

This environment and u are a direct contributor to my Ft my heakibg and growth even though it's not immediate. It takes time for after Torres to heal or a seed to brcime a daplling sapling. But it's from ur care not groes to the mighty oak

Trees weather tgecstormd better together than alone

U help

More than I could ever tell u I mean.more to me than I could ever put into words

Specialness

Having someone to hold

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Brig57

Beautiful sentiment, Brig ❤️😊👍

Brig57 profile image
Brig57 in reply to Luna_Child

After 15 years of sleeping with someone that never wants u

Not faulting

Someone who wants a friend

.a?conversation

Some time

Having someone to hold just a pipe dream but I do have my health my eyes. Friends who mean a great deal dint play games and hear when I say they mean a great deal

Screw appearance

Compatabikyy is far more important. U just can't get that across to peolle

My dear friend in lost was not thin at all

The first one that wanted me as a friend kindest woman anywhere

Glad she's safely married

Some men are superficial. Most care about the inner person u work with

Like a great neighbor

Getting alone far more important that anytging

People worry endlessly about crows feet etc

We go

???????what????

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Brig57

Nice Brig. Hope you're ok. 😊🌈🤗

Mine is from a few years ago. I like going to the coast and staying on the beach in winter- no crowds, cooler weather, etc. The day I arrived, I was walking along the shore, no one else was around, and it just started to pour rain. I remember how crisp and cool the water felt, how calming the sound of the waves were, and it was all mine. I had it all to myself... It was one of the rare moments in life that I wished would never end. Alone, on the grey cold beach, in the rain, I felt at peace 💗

GreatMindfulness profile image
GreatMindfulness in reply to

Peace is Priceless😘🙏

in reply to GreatMindfulness

Yes! And so very rare 💗

Yes rare just like u girlie 😇😘

in reply to GreatMindfulness

You literally just made me "AWW" out loud 😂

Thankfully, "rare" doesn't necessarily mean solitary, so you are rare too! 💖

😻😻😻

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to

Solitude

in reply to Luna_Child

Exactly 😊 Being alone without feeling lonely

Beautiful nature and peaceful mind of positive peaceful things ...❤️🌈🌤️

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Musicever

Nothing compares to nature's beauty

Musicever profile image
Musicever in reply to Luna_Child

Yes that's very true,!!! ❤️🌈🌤️💕🌼🌲

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to Musicever

Nature , where nothing is the same, the beauty of it is rare, no two trees are alike, no two paths the same, no two lakes or leaves. Everything untouched

Musicever profile image
Musicever in reply to Luna_Child

Yes that is very true indeed!! Yes great nature and with deep and naturalness that we can deeply feel of nature!!! 🌲💕🌼🌼🌤️❤️

You may also like...