By myself : Hey I’m new here. I would... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

54,007 members54,459 posts

By myself

Noquarter
Noquarter

Hey I’m new here. I would just like to find people like myself to talk with.

49 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi and welcome! Can you tell us some about what brings you here?

Depression mainly. Confusion.

Depression is my issue as well. It's really hard to deal with. We will support you where we can.

Yes it can be debilitating. Although we have to navigate it daily.

Noquarter
Noquarter in reply to Noquarter

I use to have anxiety issues. Those have gotten better but I think it’s because things are shut down. Depression has hit me hard the last couple of years though.

Yes, current situation is definitely not helping matters. I am bummed that I can't go to my gym (I love to exercise) and do other things. We all just have to make the best from what we have right now. Do you have a hobby? I cross-stitch and read. Lots of people where I live go running and walking as well.

No real hobbies to talk of. I work a lot but am building a business so I don’t really mind.

That's neat. I'm sure that keeps you busy.

Hidden
Hidden

Hi 😊😊

Noquarter
Noquarter in reply to Hidden

Hey there. How are you?

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Noquarter

I'm cold 😊 it's so cold here I'm in Scotland. So tell me a bit about yourself, what do you like? Food , music, sport ?

Noquarter

I wished it was cold here. In USA.

Hidden

Well we will swap then you come live here lol 🤣🤣 yes depression plays havoc with memory and confusion and if you're on any meds for depression or anxiety they can make you even more hazy I find.

Noquarter

Yes I am on meds. Taken seemingly everything except benzos. Nothing seems to do the trick. Takes the edge off. That’s where it stops.

Hidden

Yes unfortunately it's down to youreself to do the hard bit meds only "assist" you as you prob already know. Benzos hhhmmmm extremely addictive plays about with you're mood big time wouldn't recommend them they just cause more probs and make you even more hazy and forgetful.

Noquarter

Yeah that is why I haven’t taken it any further with the those. Trade one problem for another.

Hidden

Yes thank god you never and you're right they just cause more issues . So do you have much planned for today? I'm getting a new kitchen fitted just now .

Noquarter

Im working. That’s exciting for you I’m sure.

Hidden

Eeewwww work 🤣

Noquarter

IKR.

Hidden

🤣 yup ,sucks ! I'm just sitting having a coffee trying to get warm , the workmen left all doors and windows open bbbrrrrr

Noquarter

Because they aren’t paying the heating bill.

Noquarter

BTW I would take Scotland over the US any day.

Hidden

Lol🤣🤣🤣 totally they've been here since 8:00am I'm like ok you can go now lol

Noquarter

What time is it there? It’s 9am here

Hidden

It's 14:13 in the afternoon here

Hidden

Yeh Scotland's pretty ok like ,. What do you not like about living in us?

Noquarter

The people. 😂 🤣🤣🤣

Hidden

Lol yeh people are strange arent they 🤣🤣

Noquarter

I think no matter where you live things always seem better elsewhere. I see all the beautiful pictures of other places and think how nice it is. The US is beautiful too though. Human nature I believe. We don’t like letting ourselves be happy.

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Noquarter

True. Letting ourselves be happy is strange for us because we are not used to us. It's a beautiful island out there we're swimming desperately to reach but we're afraid we'll drown or miss something negative we "need to dwell on". 👍I live in USA too. Its so beautiful and I think it's great to explore other parts of the world. 🌎. What an experience 👍😊🌎 you would have. It's so rainy here today it's pretty nasty.

Luna Child 🌙

Noquarter
Noquarter in reply to Luna_Child

Actually fairly nice here today. In NC.

Hidden

Yeh I know this is so true "the grass is greener " and so on . I suppose it's learning to cherish what you have and if you're not satisfied with what you have trying to build on that

Seems as though I live life from the side lines. Just a spectator.

Luna_Child

Are you an Introvert like me?

Noquarter

I have always leaned that way although I can talk to people. I’m sincere.

Hey I saw your post but wasn't sure if you struggle the same way I do

How do you struggle?

Hello. Welcome to our community full of active supportive listeners ready to help whether that be just listening offering ideas on how to cope etc...I am suffering from anxiety, panic attacks & depression. I see a Therapist 1-2x per week and am on medicine seeing a Nurse Practitioner. Lately it's all Telehealth. It helps. I am completely totally honest with my Therapist because that's the only way I'd benefit otherwise it's my loss completely as well as my Nurse Practitioner who dispenses my meds Cymbalta and Klonopin. These help however you've got to put in your fair share of work as in trying some new coping techniques, hobbies, which is basically self care. It's not easy some days my head's buried under the covers and that's where it stays until it starts to wear off in the afternoon. Some days it lasts completely.

If something says something that makes you uncomfortable hit the report button next to your post. Everyone should be pleasant and supportive.

If you need anything please feel free to send me a message.

Once again, welcome! 👍😊🙌

Luna Child 🌙

Noquarter

Thank you so much. It really means a lot.

Luna_Child

No thank you's needed. That's why we're here. 😊👍🌈🌟

LC 🌙

Hello and welcome! I'm pretty new here as well but always available for a chat or some advice! 🙂 I mainly struggle with depression like you. Feel free to just be open and talk about your problems we are all here to listen and help 😊☀️

Noquarter
Noquarter in reply to Mone147

Thank you much. It means a lot.

Hi new friend :) Chicago here.... You have certainly found a great site in finding

people to talk with who truly understand. I'm glad you are with us. :) xx

Hidden
Hidden

Same here.

Hidden
Hidden

I live alone and would like to have some like-minded people to chat with !

Noquarter

Sent you a message.

Hidden

Thanks so much ! I'm slow at getting started and am new to this talking with no faces. I am reading everyone's posts and promise to jump in eventually. Just good to be here for now.

Hi, Good Morning! I am new here and would be a pleasure to talk to u

You may also like...