Looking for a supportive friend - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

55,780 members56,089 posts

Looking for a supportive friend

Mone147
Mone147

I'm new here. I've been struggling with depression and anxiety since a while now and at the moment it seems like it's getting really bad again and I'm so scared to be all alone with my thoughts and feelings. I don't have anyone I feel comfortable opening up to and it makes me feel so desperate and lonely. I just want to talk to someone who gets me and get it all out but I can't even properly open up to my therapist. If anyone feels like sharing and talking I'd really appreciate it.

14 Replies

Mone I’m here for you.

Mone147
Mone147 in reply to Starrlight

Thanks. You can't imagine how much your reply means to me. I am so lost these days it feels good to know there are people out there who get me.

winston12345
winston12345 in reply to Mone147

My heart goes out for u xx

I'll be more than happy to be here for you

hi welcome aboard sure hope you feel a bit better now your here.

Here for you.

What should we talk about first? What’s on your mind, Mone?

Mone147

Hard to say. Somehow my mind is completely blank and somehow my head is so full of dark thoughts I don't even know where to start. Been trying to distract myself all day but now I'm back home and I'm all by myself and it scares me.

Starrlight
Starrlight in reply to Mone147

Try to let the thoughts come and go without pushing away and without looking into them. I know it’s sometimes hard to control. It’s good you are using distractions. Do you have hobbies? What do you love in life?

Mone147

It is very hard to control. Yes I do have hobbies and they keep me busy in my free time so I don't have so much time to worry. What I love in life.... Well that's a tough one. What I love the most at the moment is my family. Whenever I'm with them the world seems fine and I feel happy.

Starrlight
Starrlight in reply to Mone147

I understand it is hard to control. I get intrusive thoughts and it’s very frustrating. That’s awesome that family makes you happy. You are blessed.

I feel the same. here for you

It took me a long time in therapy to feel like I could be completely open with my therapist! It felt very freeing when I finally got to that point - writing things down helped too.

How are you doing this evening?

Mone147
Mone147 in reply to EleanorRose

I really hope the same is gonna happen to me. I know it's a safe space and I want to really talk freely but I guess I need more time. But Thank you, your message gives me hope! Not feeling too good today. I'm all alone and even though I keep trying to distract myself I always end up sitting on the floor crying feeling completely abandoned and worthless.

You may also like...