My story: So I just wanna tell u my... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

58,165 members58,258 posts

My story

xsor profile image
xsor

So I just wanna tell u my story and see if anyone can relate to it

I’ve suffered gad for 6 years however was always able to keep it under control worked looked after kids house etc...

however around 16 weeks ago I started with a bad bout of anxiety which has basically left me bedbound I work in a hospital and caught Covid in April then went back to work and nursed Covid patients I saw things that no one should ever have to see so that’s what the doctors and my therapist think has triggered this anxiety

I’ve struggled everyday I suffer with the physical effects of the anxiety so wen I leave my bedroom I feel so poorly

I’ve just started taking citropram reluctantly cause nothing else was working so I’m on day 6 of 20 mg and having side effects which I’m trying to work through I have 2 young children so I need and am determined to get better for them but it’s a constant battle

Can anyone relate to my story

Thankyou

10 Replies

So sorry you’re going through this. Keep with the citropram and see how it works for you. Distractions are good, keeping yourself busy and your mind busy but as you said sometimes physical anxiety symptoms can leave you almost crippled in bed. Please message me if you need someone to talk to. 🙂

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to CopingwithEx

Thankyou hun for reply and Thankyou for been there I am counting on the citropram working so I can feel like me again xxx

I don't have any children but I relate to your symptoms. My heart beats fast and my stomach hurts. I struggle with focusing at work. I gag and sometimes can't eat. I have anxiety attacks. I am sorry you are struggling. My mom got me a weighted blanket and that has calmed my heart rate. You could try that. Do you believe in God? There are many comforting bible verses.

xsor profile image
xsor in reply to Spiderman99

Thankyou for reply I have heard them weighted blankets help may have to get one

Spiderman99 profile image
Spiderman99 in reply to xsor

That's great!! I just bought another one for my car. You matter.

xsor profile image

Thankyou very much

You're Welcome. Let me know if you need anything!

xsor profile image

Thankyou again if u have one I’ll have a magic wand to rid me of this anxiety

I feel that!! May God give you peace!

?

You may also like...