What are your, favorite sweets and de... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

54,007 members โ€ข 54,459 posts

What are your, favorite sweets and desserts, and please explain why๐Ÿฉ

Mratl83
Mratl83
โ€ข12 Replies

Hey to all of my wonderful great people out there, i truly hope that you guys are staying safe happy and blessed. As a child if your parents, told you eat your vegetables first before dessert, i definitely can relate๐Ÿ˜‚ that was my parents all the way. I always had a huge obsession with sweets, its like im possessed, with a ghost who loves junk food ๐Ÿ˜‚. When i was a child, me and my parents would go to the movies the first thing, i would grab, is skittles, my dad said those things, are going to make my teeth fall out๐Ÿ˜‚ it scared me alot, then i ate my skittles๐Ÿ˜‚. Im a US citizen, in America we call them, candy bars i love sneakers, milky way's theres noting like a good old chocolate Babe Ruth to get my day started. Every Friday when i get off from work, i stop a place, in America they call it, Krispy Cream donuts they really make me happy๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€. After i get threw exercising at the jim, then i go to the store, and get me a ice, white honey bun. I know its not the, smarties and the most healthiest move, but it takes my mind, off of stress, and anxiety. My grandma God rest her soul she made the best apple pies, at least in my, personal opinion. I did chores around the house, for extra money as a child, and on pay day, the first thing that i would do is run to the candy story, and go buy some candy, of course my, parents knew nothing about that๐Ÿ˜‚. I love to sit at home, on the weekend watch the games and eat my favorite ice cream which is strawberry๐Ÿ˜‚ it just really relaxis me, and takes away my stress. My post are all about making people happy, i hope that im helping someone, out there that, are feeling steessed. I just want to, entertain you and make you laugh, take your mind off, of stress related issues, because i really love people. What are your favorite sweets, and desserts, and please explain why๐Ÿฉ. Leave me a comment, and lets get the, conversation going. God bless you allโœŒ

12 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

Hi Mrat, how's your life going? I hope no diabetics out there are going to be offended or anything!!! I love to binge on sugary stuff once in awhile but I try to not constantly be eating sweets and I really try to brush and floss my teeth. For some reason, I love cheesecake. And sooo many people love apple pie. I like Reeses peanut butter cups and I actually like to mix up some ice cream with peanut butter and a little chocolate syrup and cool whip- good thing I don't have a peanut allergy!!! Lately something I've discovered that I can really binge out on is the Werthers Original Candy people now have these chewy caramels you can buy and yes, I admit I've eaten a whole bag of them when really I should just have a few and share them with someone else because that is a ton of sugar but what else can I say??? Sometimes if I'm getting really depressed I will just go on some sugar binge once in awhile to improve my mood, even if that does seem insane!!!! I also love gummy bears and the gummi-savers. I used to know someone who I swear was a Cherry Pepsi addict. I've never really liked Skittles, but if I go to a movie I like to share the strawberry Twizzlers licorice with people. This is making me hungry, I need to have a sandwich right now or something. My mom has a thing for ice cream, sometimes that's her late night snack thing whether she might be depressed or not. I try to watch it with the sugar because I am overweight too and I don't want to develop type 2 diabetes, I know a couple people with that condition and you really have to watch not just sugar but the carbs you eat. I did lose about 15 pounds over the summer from walking around a lot, now Fall and Winter are coming but that's life. Have a great day, and eat something besides sugar!!!๐Ÿ˜Ž

Hey friend and thank you so much for your response. My life has, been going alright, but it definitely can be better. But im just happy to be alive, and thats all that matters. Wow you are literally making me want to go the the store, and get some, Reese's peanut butter cup, i love them. I forgot to mention gummy bears im, crazy about them to, thanks alot for bringing that to my attention. I totally agree im surely not trying to develop diabetes it runs deeply, in my family to. Congratulation on the weight lost my friend, thats amazing๐Ÿ‘. You have a great day to, thank you very much my friend. Yeah you are right its, about time for me to, lay off of the sugar.

Hidden
Hidden

Sweets..desserts..now ur talking.

Im stick thin,great genes i guess,so i can eat whatever i want.Off with ur hand if ya wanna try n take my dessert plate,lol

Love cheesecake,cannolis,bread pudding,donuts..italian cookies..n throw in some Haagen daaz choc choc chip ice cream u got my attention.

Mratl83
Mratl83 in reply to Hidden

Emmm friend you are making me hungry that sounds so delicious, i literally can taste it๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. I would never try to take your dessert, plate because i dont want you to break my hand off๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Theres nothing like a fantastic, mouth watering cheesecake, im obsessed with it๐Ÿ˜€. Chocolate chip icecream is my weakness. Yeah im super thin myself, but i dont see how, cause i eat like a horse. I also like sweet potato pie what about you friend?

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Mratl83

Heck yeah..bring on sweet potato pie.

Mratl83

Theres nothing like a good old fashion home made sweet potato pie. My mom, always make me one, all to myself, on Thanksgiving and Christmas. I go to my parents i eat half of there pie then, i eat mine up to๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ i can get really greedy sometimes๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. My mom said she is going to ban me from coming to there home๐Ÿ˜‚. Hopefully one day i can learn how to cook.

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Mratl83

Ok heres a sure fire way to get more of that pie u like from Mom.Next holiday..buy a pie crust,buy canned sweet potato pie filling..pour it in..thats it,dont bake it.Bring it to moms house n show her ur attempt.She will look at ur sad pie n send ya home with armfulls of goodies.U can thank me now,lol

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Hidden

I forgot..if u fall on the front porch with that sad pie, as she answers the door...u could even come home with dinner leftovers and a nice warm sweater she knitted u while ur there also,lol

Mratl83

Its like you literally read my moms mind she will give in to that to. I will definitely put on a act. I can be really persuasive sometimes to๐Ÿ˜‚

Mratl83

I am going to literally try that to thats a fantastic idea thanks for the tip๐Ÿ˜€. I will do anything for a exrta armfull of goodies๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

This post made me hungry! LOL! I love Publix cake. Anyone who knows what a Publix is (grocery chain in South Eastern United States) knows what I'm talking about. That buttercream frosting is out of this woooooorld! If you don't know or have never been to a Publix, you're missing out. Great post, thanks for keeping my mind on something sweeter.

Mratl83
Mratl83 in reply to evilspicy

Hello there evilspicy, and thank you so much for your response. Thank you very much for your complement on my post, that really makes me feel good. I agree looking at the icecream picture on my post makes me hungry to๐Ÿ˜‚. I love buttercream frosting, they are so tasty it literally takes my breath away๐Ÿ˜‚. I love Publix there are one right, down the street from me. With all, of this sweets talk, i think that i might make a trip to it๐Ÿ˜‚

You may also like...