What are your thoughts, and feelings ... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

51,201 members52,015 posts

What are your thoughts, and feelings on being in love🙏

Mratl83
Mratl83

Hey to all of my wonderful great people out there i truly hope, that you guys are staying safe, happy and blessed. This is for all of my fantastic, people that are in a long term, committed relationship, thats, happily married and the ones who are single and looking for love like myself. A while ago, i made a post about my first love this was back in the year 2000 i was 17. We made the choice to go our, seprate ways, after i found out she was going out of town for college, and i stayed in my home town for college. I been on a quest to find love ever sense, i dated women every now and then, but thats all it was. Do you have someone or do you have the dream that you will, eventually meet a person that will sweep you off of your feet. Somene, who make you feel butterflies in a good way when they come around you. Someone that is a shooting star in your heart. Someone if you are having a tough dark time in your life they come around and lighting you up, like a beautiful spring day. Do you feel like they are your oxygen, do you feel like life, could be, an absolute nightmare without them in your life. Someone who you dont ever have to worry about if they are cheating. You know they have your heart, you know they cherish it and value it. Someone who you share your, deepest emotional secrets with. Someone who makes your entire day full of joy, and happiness just by hearing there voice. Someone who will always uplifet you and will never put you down or belittle you. I wish i had a woman like that man life can get really lonely sometimes. So how would my dream girl look? Well love is blind i dont judge people on there weight, height or ethnicity its all about her personality. What are your thoughts and feeling on beening in love. Leave me a comment, and lets get the conversation going. God bless you all✌

60 Replies
oldestnewest

Mine would be amazing I dream of the ring and a forever hubby.. Love and kind hart guy.

Who is grate fun love is about having fun dating should be fun :)

Mratl83
Mratl83 in reply to Mia898

I agree you is a lovely great kind hearted lady you deserve, nothing but the very best.

Mia898
Mia898 in reply to Mratl83

I hope I will have the very best 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Mratl83

You will i hope this guy is good enough for you. Because you is a one of a kind great woman.

Mia898

He is I am sure he will not rip my heart out . I think we could join for life ...

Mratl83

Well i hope that he dont rip your heart out, because then he would have to answer to me😂😂

Mia898

He wont he would not .. I think he knows better .. He may rip my heart out with his mental health but I can cope :)

Mratl83

Well everything will be ok with you guys. You are both great people it was meant for you guys to be together.

Mia898

Thanks and lets hope :) 🤞😍

Mratl83

Yeah everything will work out fine with you friend.

Mia898

I hope and we both deserve the best life ever and happiness :) :) :)

Mratl83

I agree you are very nice, and very kind you should never get your heart broken, you dont, deserve that.

Mia898

I think I am smarter and wiser than any games re getting heart broken . Things you find out no one would I would find out .. I am grateful to be able to tell when someone is acting...

Mratl83

I agree you are very smart and very intelligent. Im glad that you have the ability to protect yourself, and your heart.

Hidden
Hidden

I was only in love once and I loved the feeling. Until I found out she was a lying cheating skank that is.

Mratl83
Mratl83 in reply to Hidden

Its been a while brother whats going on? Im sorry that happen to you man. I know how you feel bro i been cheated on before, and its a uncomfortable feeling thats stays with you a long time.

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Mratl83

Not much going hbu

Mratl83

Man im hanging in there bro i cant complain. Did you make it home safe from your friends the other night?

Hidden

Yeah I was so wasted I didn't realize I was home

Mratl83

Wow man thats crazy just be careful bro.

I fell in love and unfortunately we had a disagreement about his ex hanging around a lot and we are not talking. Sad.

Mratl83
Mratl83 in reply to Luna_Child

Hey friend i love talking to you. But i hate to hear that happen to a good person like you. I once dated a woman a while back, she said she came from the club one night and went to her males friend home, she said they were both drunk. She claimed nothing happened but i wasn't buying it i ended the relationship.

We got along great and even though it's a weird situation to talk about I miss this person a lot. Said person stubborn and although I apologized they won't. Too prideful

Mratl83

Well theres noting wrong with missing someone at all, theres noting weird about that. The lady who i told you about i miss her, even though it was wrong and hurtful how she did me. But she was still a very nice person.

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to Mratl83

That's nice of you to say. You didn't deserve that

Mratl83

Thanks for that friend. You surely dont deserve what happen to you neither. Im afraid to give my heart to a woman because i dont want that painful, pattern to repeat itself with me.

Luna_Child

Never give up even though you're afraid. You'll find the one. You're an awesome guy. Just take your time and get to know them.

I hate this whole situation and I truly tried but there's only so much someone can do to try to reach the other person emotionally

Mratl83

Yeah i agree sometimes you try your best to make everything better between you, and someone else. But people act really funny like you owe them. When all we are trying to do is a least be friends with them.

Luna_Child

Yes the phone said person won't pick up, very stubborn, can be demanding and knows it however there's an amazing side to this friend who 2 weeks later still won't pick up the phone after saying I love you ...how does one read that? We had a disagreement over his ex hanging out a lot with him and I kept asking about it seemed kind of strange.

Mratl83

Yeah that is really strange why is he hanging out with his ex. If i was dating someone i would not be out with my ex in public or my place. I might talk to her on the phone every now and then, but that would be it. At least the guy can answer and let you know that hes ok. Its just so wrong on every, level in the book, how hes behaven.

Luna_Child

Yes exactly. I was pushed aside badly for his ex. Very rude and demanding.

How much more do I try I gave him space I have to just give up. If he wants me he knows where to find me

Mratl83

Yeah i agree with you, at least he can be a real man and answer and let you know where he stands. As a man its really embarrassing sometimes how these guys behave. My dad always taught me dont run from a situation be a man and face it. Hes acting like a kid.

Luna_Child

Yes exactly for a man his age he's acting like a child. He won't pick up the phone. I think he enjoys me calling. I stopped for a while and tried today but I can't continue this. This is CRAZY and someone else will treat me like a lady. When he's ready he will call and I won't be on the other end.

Mratl83

Yeah you are so right about that. You deserve noting but to be treated like the wonderful great good warm hearted person that you are. Yeah that might be the case with him, if he get any, enjoyment out of a great woman thats trying to reach out to him, and hes siting back just watching you call, with no empathy, then hes a little off is rocker. Hes definitely acting really weird.

Luna_Child

Yes exactly he's sitting back no empathy watching the phone pick up and go into voicemail. My heart's hurt from this before. He cares about himself then he says he loves me. If you love someone aren't you supposed to show it?

Mratl83

Yeah its really heart breaking that you are going threw this. I know how you feel, having deep feelings for someone, and things take a turn for the worse, thats a painful feelings. I wish i could just turn those painful thoughts, off like a light switch, when im in love with someone and they are acting really funny. But it takes time to get over someone who you really care for. One good thing about life, people will show you there true colors they will let you know who they really is inside. Sometimes people action speak louder than words.

Luna_Child

Very true their actions speak volumes over words

Mratl83

Yeah this guy is being a real jerke, he have know idea how good of a devoted person that he have thats trying to make things work. He will definitely, regret it. You never know how good you had it, untile its gone.

Luna_Child

Thank you and that's true. Once I decide time has run out he won't be able to reach me. What gets me is the I love you words. I take those seriously and he I thought did too. How can you so simply avoid saying I'm sorry as I requested because a disagreement takes 2. I apologized. Obviously that meant nothing. I asked for an apology for some words he said that were nasty and he refuses. I really must be CRAZY. Time to move on.

Mratl83

Yeah its just wrong how this man is treating you. I agree love is a very serious word, people like you and myself take those words very seriously. But some people use that word like you use the word hello. Love dont mean, anything to some people in this world. You are right not everyone is out for your money are what you got in your pocket. I would date and fall, in love with a woman if she works at McDonald's, or if shes the CEO, of Lifetime movie net worth. Love is, blind love have no appearance, at least in my, personal opinion.

Luna_Child

Very serious

Mratl83

Yeah i wish people, wouldn't play around with people hearts. Geting your heart broken is a painful feeling.

I have to stop trying I feel like a damn fool

I have never been in love and I know that at my age, it's never going to happen. There is no holding out hope for me, I'm old and I know that no one will want me. I hope that you have more luck.

Mratl83
Mratl83 in reply to alonensad

Hey alonensad and thank you so much for your response. Im so sorry that you feel that way, in my personal opinion theres someone out there for everyone no matter your age or your appearance. You are valued in this world there is someone, out there that would love you to pieces.

alonensad
alonensad in reply to Mratl83

That's sweet but it does not happen at my age. I have never been on a date, no one wants a 46year old who has no friends or job. I really hope you find your love.

Mratl83
Mratl83 in reply to alonensad

Not having a job with know friends dont make you a undesirable person. It still dont mean that you want find love. Im pretty sure you are a really great person. You are not old at, 46 your life is just beginning.

Luna_Child
Luna_Child in reply to alonensad

I'm 57. My love has past.

Luna_Child

Very true

Mratl83

Thanks alot

Luna_Child

I don't think you're ever too old to fall in love. Whether you're 60, 70, 80, 90,

alonensad
alonensad in reply to Luna_Child

That's something you can tell a nineteen year old who has never been in love, it's not reality for a 46 year old who has never kissed anyone. I know you are trying to be helpful and I thank you for your kindness but it's not going to happen for me.

Luna_Child

I guess maybe I'm old fashioned.

Hey alonensad, never say never!!! You also have to try to put yourself in some social situations, but I know right now with the coronavirus pandemic going on that online is where it's at!!!

I'm not outgoing and online is not a good place for me. But thank you for being so kind.

Hello and salutations Mrat, and also to anyone else on here reading this! Great topic!!! So my thoughts on being in love? Hmmmm. It's so easy to fall in love with someone, put them on a pedestal, and then get disappointed. Some people believe in having a soul mate. I don't know about relationships lasting forever anymore. I'm 50 now ( ugghhh). I was with someone for a long time and it was very painful for me to break away from him, but I think I did the right thing. I can see how difficult it must be for people to split up who have children. And love is all well and good, but I also believe it's really important to have yourself together financially. You don't want to be getting serious with someone who has a lot of debt, and then you get married to them and you take that on and that's a set up for problems down the road. And I believe in honesty and knowing what you're getting into. I miss romance though. Some of the culture now and songs I hear, everything is so out there. Is there really dating anymore or is everyone just casually hanging out??? Well, there's my thoughts for the moment.

Hey friend and thank you so much for your response. I tell you all of the time how much i injoy talking to you. Thank you so much for the complement, on my post, you surly always put a big smile, on my face. I know how you feel, i definitely can relate i was with someone for a while and it was really hard, for me to break away from them aswell. You are so right i think people should have there self together financially to. One of the major keys to a down the heal marriage that leads to divorce is money issues. Bringing debt in a relationship is a bad thing. Yeah you have a point, i think that people are just hanging out, they are not really dating. Couples these days spend more time, on there cell phones then each other, so sad.

Hidden

Okay... I’ll try my best to answer my thoughts. I’ve been up for a while so bear with me. 😂😂😂

To add to the financial stuff... You’ll be surprised at what kind of baggage and financial woes people have.

These things never out weigh being in love. Being financially independent is very hard, living within in ones means is hard as well. Like everything in life, moderation and discipline (with money and many other things) happens with people who are organized and have the means to make mistakes. Sometimes with many people, a mere mistake can upset someone’s entire world like not being able to pay off debt or just allowing themselves to get into debt in the first place. People come from differences all around us, marriage, divorce, kids, and truly most people are just in debt.

That said, being in love to me is something that happens in early years, the butterflies, longing to spend every spare moment with that person. You spend time getting to know each other, hopefully a lot longer than a few months, then it becomes a partnership, unconditional love and acceptance of each other flaws and all. As the relationship progresses perhaps into marriage, there are stages life, you grow together, you both have differences and some things will always just be differences....being accepting or finding a happy medium is key. Being able to accept and not change, you know, somethings in life just ‘are’.

Anyhoo, I’m married 23 years, I adopted his debt, his problems, you name it. I wasn’t in debt but I had a world of problems centered around what was the beginning stages of depression and anxiety mostly centered around my childhood and parents. Fast forward, I dealt with, pushed aside, or what I call having to make hard choices but we are better today for it, grew closer rather than apart... communication in a marriage is the number 1 thing you must have above all else. Without it, break down happens, resentment, grudges, anger, you name it and it’ll grow like a cancer. So keep this in mind.

You’ll find love or it will find you. I married a complete opposite of myself when years before that I was looking for someone that basically mirrored myself and they all failed. We are both lucky, but it’s not really luck. Luck is just good planning really. It’s mutual respect and acceptance of each other. Establish who you are (your core values, life’s set of standards you live by) and set boundaries when you meet people and stay true to yourself, the right person will come. 💜🌺

Mratl83

Hey friend and thank you so much for you response. First of all i want to really, congratulate you on a 23 year marriage thats, great thats an absolute blessing. You guys had your ups and downs but you came together,and got threw it. Thats the true definition in my personal opinion of what love is. It just warms my heart to hear great stories like yours it really gives me hope that hopefully, in the future, eventually i would find true love. Everytime we speak i end up feeling much better about myself, you always keep me motivated.

You may also like...