Another day: Another day, another one... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

64,164 members62,999 posts

Another day

scarlet2020 profile image

Another day, another one that will probably be shit. Who knows. It's sunny, but it's humid out. I like to cherish my days off, but I usually just end up wasting it. Luckily I'm like 10 mins from the ocean, so I might just sit there and watch the water. I honestly don't know how I feel at the moment. It's almost like a numb feeling. Idk whether to cry or to feel OK. My braces are ripping the inside of my mouth, and it sucks. I guess I'll have to see how this day plays out.

43 Replies

The ocean is beautiful and will lift your spirits. That's my go to place. It is so hot and it's a beautiful day we are so lucky to live so close to the beach. Enjoy!

Omg yes, the ocean is amazing. Maybe I might need a nice New England clma chowder to go along with it.

You mean "clam chowda". I worked up in New Hampshire for a few months and I could never get used to how people there didn't pronounce the "r" in a word the has one and then puts one in a word that doesn't have one. A guy there told me that I could get something i need at "Barb's". I found a ""Bob's" and he says yeah, that's it "Barb's". 😋

Clam Chowda!

in reply to Marshall64

They say it's the New England accent. But really it's just an entire part of the country pronouncing most words wrong 😂

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to

No it's the New England accent. That's how we pronounce things like other folks pronounce things differently who live in other parts of the USA and world.

in reply to Luna_Child

Chill it was a joke I stole from Dennis Leary.

Luna_Child profile image
Luna_Child in reply to

I'm chilled

I still talk NY. Lol. Yeah, I'm a transplant.

Everyone I meet think's I'm from New Yawk because of the way I tawk!

Lol, that's funny. I have noticed some people do here.

OMG Aunt Carrie's. One day we'll head down there together

Iggys is pretty good. I did like Rocky Point's.

Rocky Point Chowda House was phenomenal.

Sitting by the ocean sounds like a great idea. Maybe I'll do the same. And if you feel like crying you should cry let all the hurt and sadness out. I'm sorry about your braces hurting. Just think about that awesome smile you're gonna have when they finally come off. Not that there was anything wrong with your smile before. Braces usually only fix superficial problems. But if it gives a confidence boost then it's worth fixing. 🖤

scarlet2020 in reply to

I will probably end up crying at some point. Yes, you should. Salt water really does help. Or, any body of water in general. I'm just partial to the ocean. I actually like my braces, just not when they hurt. I get to have a little fun with them and the colors, hell, people thought I was a teenager before them but, now, lol, but I can't wait to see how my smile will look when finished.

The ocean does amazing things to the psyche

in reply to scarlet2020

I think you're the first person who I've met that said they actually like their braces. I'm sure your smile is beautiful now and will be just that much more beautiful after. How much longer do you have to have them on?

in reply to

I really enjoy hiking around the spring down here in Fl

scarlet2020 in reply to

I have less than a year. It was 10 months, but then coronavirus happened, so 9 now. Depending how my orthodontist likes my progress. I just like them, they're kinda cute, especially with all the different colors I can get. I have maroon right at the moment.

in reply to scarlet2020

Maroon I like that color j bet you're adorable with them. I think women look cute with braces personally.

scarlet2020 in reply to

They are very cute and definitely not the metal traps they once were. I've gone through all sorts of colors. I just had a color that matched my work uniform last month. I might just stick to maroon when I get the adjusted in the next week. I had Christmas colors, but it looked like I had lettuce stuck to my teeth, lol.

in reply to scarlet2020

Yeah I can see how green would look like lettuce. How about purple I think purple would look nice? Is the pain caused by your teeth being moved into another alignment?

scarlet2020 in reply to

I would consider purple. I did pink too, which is my favorite color. The lighter the color, the more yellow they make the teeth look, though. Yes, it's the movement. I literally cry when they're being adjusted.

in reply to scarlet2020

Aww I'm sorry, at least the pain will all be work it in the end. Pink, purple and neon green I like the best on braces for women.

scarlet2020 in reply to

Yeah, it lasts about 2 weeks or so. Hmm, never thought about neon green.

in reply to scarlet2020

Now you have another color to think about. This random conversation about you're braces has cheered me up. Thanks for that.🖤

scarlet2020 in reply to

You're welcome. Glad I could help :)

in reply to scarlet2020

I'm deletimg my account. Just wanted to say thanks again for helping cheer me up. I hope you find happiness for yourself soon. You're a sweet girl and you deserve all the happiness in the world.

scarlet2020 in reply to

Well that sucks. Why though?

in reply to scarlet2020

Because I've been treated like crap by women and I was hurt last night so I came on here and vented. And now I'm being attacked for being hurt and expressing the feelings I had at the time. I'm being made to feel like I need to apologize for feeling hurt and it's my fault i.get.treated like crap. I'm a good guy I try and help everyone who asks I go outta my way to make the girls I'm with feel.special and cared for. I don't need people who don't know me making me feel like crap over feelings that have nothing to do with them.

scarlet2020 in reply to

You were being pretty nice to talk to. I hope you find happiness :(

in reply to scarlet2020

I liked talking to you too.

scarlet2020 in reply to

I don't think you should leave. I'm sure you'd get more out of talking to nice people than you would leaving. I saw a few comments that made me want to leave, but I'm doing this for myself, to find caring souls. There will be that stuff everywhere. Just my personal opinion.

in reply to scarlet2020

Yeah I guess so. I met you and you're super sweet. Idk why you're being so nice to me. Ik I hurt you with my comment last night. Which wasn't my intention I was just angry and had to get it out. Ok I'll keep my account so that we can be friends.

scarlet2020 in reply to

I don't need a reason to be nice. I'm genuinely a nice person. I'm hurt, broken and maybe damaged inside, but I try to be sweet. I'm glad you won't delete it. I think you'd benefit from being here. It wasn't really your comment, but a comment from another user. It just kinda triggered me.

in reply to scarlet2020

I'm sorry, I'm here if you wanna talk about it.

scarlet2020 in reply to

I appreciate it much. Glad you will stay.

in reply to scarlet2020

Well people need me. So I'll just keep my feelings to myself and just try my best to help others

scarlet2020 in reply to

Nah, don't keep them to yourself. Maybe talk about them with a few select people? Holding it inside only makes it worse.

in reply to scarlet2020

I don't wanna bother anyone with my stupid shit and obviously when I vent I just make ppl hate me. So it's better to keep it in so I don't piss off the couple ppl who don't hate me yet.

scarlet2020 in reply to

I don't think you truly bother anyone with it.

in reply to scarlet2020

I do ppl said some hurtful shit to me all because I was venting

You may also like...