What is your favorite season of the y... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

63,273 members โ€ข 62,221 posts

What is your favorite season of the year, and please explain why๐Ÿ™

Mratl83 profile image
Mratl83
โ€ข48 Replies

Hey to all of my wonderful great people out there i truly hope that you guys are staying safe happy, and blessed. Growing up in the 90s i always loved the outdoors, i was always out side playing basketball, going to the jim on a hot summer day, and spending time by the pool. Those hot summer nights, i had this, pickle jar with holes poked into, it, i use to catch lightening bugs, some people call them fireflys. But one thing about the summer i get so hot sometimes i feel sick. I always have been, infatuated with the fall and winter. It get really cold down here in Atlanta but we never really get any snow. One winter i believe it was 93 i was 10 at the time. Georgia was hit with a snow storm. It was so bad the meteorologist, referred to it as a blizzard. Man i had so much fun, school was out for about a week, i was outside everyday with my friends throwing snow balls, whe made a snowman and called him Frosty๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. I was so happy, but my parents wasn't, they was out of work for a while๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Theres noting like a cold winter night wrapped up in a blanket with the heat on watching a horror film. One winter one of my friends came to visit, she said the heat was so high and it was so hot in my home, she went outside for, about 10mins to cool off๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ this was in 30 degree, temperatures. In some parts of the world its already winter, i find that really fascinating, and interesting. One of my dream places is, to visit is Alaska sense i love the cold weather so much. What is your, favorite season of the year, and please explain why. Leave me a comment and lets get the conversation going. God bless you allโœŒ

48 Replies
โ€ข

Hi Mratl :)

Actually I have 2 favorite seasons of the year. One is Fall and the other is Winter. Being from Chicago, I can appreciate the changing seasons but those 2 stand out for me the most.

There is a road I take that is surrounded by Forest Preserves which have huge trees meeting

in the middle almost like a covered bridge.

During Fall, I love watching the leaves change into there brilliant colors, one prettier than

the other. As each leaf comes down from the trees, I think of them as memories in my life.

Even though life changes as we get older, the memories of the falling colorful leaves doesn't.

They are the same kind that as kids we would rake, make a pile and jump in. It brings me a good feeling and keeps me in a positive frame of mind.

Now as for Winter...that same road turns into a barren line of tall trees that sparkle with

ice as unique patterns of snowflakes fall and make me feel that I am in a Winter Wonderland. For each snowflake I see, I think of them as being surrounded by love.

Each snowflake is different as we all are on this planet. And that difference is what makes

it so beautiful.

Thanks Mratl, for bringing back some wonderful memories on a hot summer day :) xx

Mratl83 profile image
Mratl83 in reply to Agora1

Hey Agora1 and thank you so much for your response, you have know idea how much i love talking to you. Im just imagining that beautiful, scenery that you described pertaining the fall and the winter. I love your analogy that you used describing the colorful leaves falling from the tree, you call them, memories of life, i love that analogy. I myself me and my friends use to play in the leaves as kids, i forgot all about those times, thanks for refreshing, my memory. I heard that Chicago is so beautiful doing the Winter, with the gorgeous snowflakes and the snow. You guys are so lucky i wish it was like that in Atlanta. Thanks for sharing that great, interesting story i loved it. So how are you today?

I do not like the winter as so dark and horrible . So have to like summer better weather ...

Mratl83 profile image
Mratl83 in reply to Mia898

Oh ok Mia898 and thanks for your response. The summer time is great in my area, i feel like i can do more pertaining geting out in the city and, having fun from time to time. But the reason why i lean more towards the Winter, it gets so hot here in the summer. I feel like you have to have a AC, if not you will literally pass out.

I really enjoy the spring time. The snow begins to melt. The trees blossom. It's sweater weather, which is my favorite. And my mood starts clearing up a bit lol. Really enjoy the cool temps

Mratl83 profile image
Mratl83 in reply to Kainan_li

Hey bro and thanks for your response. I heard that you guys get alot of snow in Boston doing the Winter, man that must be a beautiful seen. I agree with you the spring is great, on some spring days you can wear shorts and short sleeves, the next day it may be cool enough for a lite jacket, but not cold enough for a coat. Yeah my mood changes with the weather to, i can relate to that aswell.

Kainan_li profile image
Kainan_li in reply to Mratl83

Yeah we do get a lot of snow. But I would say in recent years it hasnโ€™t been as bad. The seasonโ€™s changing; winter is being delayed. Which brings on the issue of climate change. I canโ€™t stand the winter though. Itโ€™s too cold, and all the shoveling and the ice. Though it is a beautiful site. Add that to the foliage the months before

Mratl83 profile image

You made me think about my aunt, she lived in New York for a coupal of years. She said that was one of the, irritating things that she, hated about the Winter, she said she had to shovel so much snow. She also said the snow would pile up so deep, sometimes it would be hard to open the door because of the snow would be so high on the door steps. Is it like that, in Boston?

Kainan_li profile image

Yeah usually itโ€™s not that bad. But we do sometimes have to shovel our way out. The worst one I remember was 5 years ago when we had about 9 feet of snow

Mratl83 profile image

Wow man thats alot of snow, 9 feet i dont think its never been like that here in Georgia. Im pretty sure your entire city was shut down for a while?

Kainan_li profile image

Right. It was a mess. But since then, it hasnโ€™t been nearly as bad

Mratl83 profile image

Well thats great, that it haven't happend in a while, there i just can imagine that must to have been really tough for you guys. Well hopefully we will get hit with alot of snow, this year that would give me a reason to have a second, vacation from work in one year๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Hi there, fav time of year would be Spring as the daylight is starting to get longer and in the early mornings when nobody else is around, say 03:00 onwards, there is nothing like it on earth. The stillness then the sweet songs of the birds called the Dawn Chorus, it brings the trees, hedges and all the rest of wildlife alive, a fox barks in the distance calling to his mate, the Wren, Robins, Blue, Great and long tail tits, Blackbirds, Starlings, all begin to sing slowly but surely, you listen to them without a sound apart from your heart beating, there is nobody else around and you feel that your the only person on this planet. Their song is so sweet and comforting, the whole countryside and you alone with them thinking how beautiful life is. The mist over the small stream takes time to lift as the sun is just beginning to wake and has not disturbed this beautiful moment in all the year, then through the trees the sun throws dappled light and the birds still singing sweetly begin to fly into the trees and sing their tiny little hearts out to attract a mate, offerings of worms or maybe a pellet from my feeders, all still silent until the sun climbs high in the sky to wake the rest of the world from their slumber. So until the next morning I will be up and ready to be a part of the Springtime Dawn Chorus when all is new and so fresh, sweet, unspoiled and untouched by any human, the young leaves on the trees and hedges unfurling and awake from the Winter's grip, Bluebells, Snowdrops and all flowers springing into action ready for the day ahead, looking and listening to the birds and alike this is my time before the world awakes so precious and pure is a Springtime dawn.

Yeah friend you know i really love talking to you and listening at your stories. It seems like you guys have a, lovely interesting spring i just can imagine, that beautiful scenery that you described.

Well, it used to be winter. Then I moved to Norway.

Mratl83 profile image
Mratl83 in reply to

Oh ok thats great. Yeah i love the winter, its just something about huge big winter coats, and cuting my heat, on really high๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. I love that.

in reply to Mratl83

You and Norway would get along great then!๐Ÿ™‚ Norway is a country in Scandinavia in northern Europe. Remember how I told you where Denmark is? Well, I live right above Denmark (another Scandinavian country). The winter is very long, very dark and very cold. We get down to about 6 hours of daylight (and that gets shorter the farther north you go, and then there is 24-hour darkness in places up above the Arctic Circle). We make up for that in the summer, though, with 20+ hours of daylight (and 24-hour daylight in places above the Arctic Circle)

Mratl83 profile image
Mratl83 in reply to

Yea i remember how you, described Denmark to me. Well thats right down my alley, i love the cold and im a night person. I bet its a very good relaxing, interesting place to visit, hopefully one day i can get, a chance to travel there.

in reply to Mratl83

It is relaxing at first.

I hope you get to visit someday too, my friend.๐Ÿ™‚

Mratl83 profile image
Mratl83 in reply to

Yea because here in the US im in Georgia, its so hot and muggy here, it puts you in a bad mood๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

in reply to Mratl83

I'm originally from Houston, so I understand๐Ÿ˜‚

completely-zero654 profile image
completely-zero654 in reply to

Hello MinnieMouse1234, Hope you don't mind me replying to you, but could not help asking about the Fjords and have often wondered are they as beautiful as people say? It has made me long for a cruise on them to see the beauty and feel the calm silence that they must bring in the twilight. Would this be really what to expect, along with the cold, or just something of a dream?

Bless you for coming so far away and to share all with us. xx

in reply to completely-zero654

Hello and I don't mind at all! The fjords are gorgeous!!! Are you wanting to take a trip to western Norway? If so, shoot me a messsge and I'll be happy to recommend some trips!๐Ÿ™‚

completely-zero654 profile image
completely-zero654 in reply to

I am so sorry for replying late to you please forgive me.

I would dearly love to visit or even emigrate at this present moment but there is no way I will ever be able to afford it, I am registered as disabled although thank goodness not severely, it is a chronic back problem that gives me more trouble than I need will just have to settle for dreaming and looking at photo's etc. You are so kind to say that you would give me some ideas and it means a lot to me, bless you for that.

Hope one day that you will be able to visit Mratl23 in Georgia, this is a life time away for me but my guess is that you are younger so have the whole word as your oyster, just wish that I had done more with my life and seen the things I have always wanted to when younger and more able to.

Thank you for being so kind, take good care and hope your dreams will come true. xxxxxxx

Hey friend you can feel free, to contact me anytime im just glad to hear from you, im so glad that you are ok. Well as long as we are alive we can accomplish whatever dream or goal that we are trying to set. It may ge difficult, sometimes, but we will, eventually make it threw. Im so sorry about your, chronic back problems i pray to god that it will go away forever. You are blessed with a wonderful, life and you are still with us on this planet, im so happy, to have you as a friend. One day i would love to vist you and meet your family. I feel like i been knowing you for years. You take care to my friend, i will miss you.

in reply to completely-zero654

No problem! Any time!๐Ÿ™‚

i like winter because there is no humidity and Autumn flowers open

Mratl83 profile image
Mratl83 in reply to newcomit6

Yes me im a obsessed fan of the winter๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

I like spring myself. because hopeful little flowers come up and things are green...blossoms in the trees are nice too. snow melts. hopefully next year will be better than the last. i like saint Patrick's day normally too. good memories from what i can remember :). How are you doing?

Mratl83 profile image
Mratl83 in reply to

Hey Andrea2d and thanks for your, response, you know i love talking to you. I agree the spring time and the flowers, are beautiful. I love Saint Patrick's Day as well because its my dads birthday๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. But im doing great friend, thanks alot for asking. What about yourself?

does it help to put a cold, wet hand towel around your neck? Or is it too humid?

Mratl83 profile image
Mratl83 in reply to

Well it helps me, i do it alot when i finish playing basketball with my buddies.

Im good. a little on edge but that's normal for me right now. thanks.

Mratl83 profile image
Mratl83 in reply to

I know how you feel thats an uncomfortable feeling being on the edge. Keep your head up, friend everything will be ok.

in reply to Mratl83

thanks.

Mratl83 profile image
Mratl83 in reply to

Anytime friend๐Ÿ‘

Wait what are these seasons you speak of. I've never heard of such a thing where I'm at in Fl.

Mratl83 profile image
Mratl83 in reply to

Yeah the fall, Winter Spring and Summer. The Winter is the best in my personal opinion. I always wanted to go to Florida i heard you guys got some great beaches. Hey brother thanks for sticking up for me yesterday. If you ever need me im there.

in reply to Mratl83

No problem and oh you mean hot, hotter, hotter than balls and even Satan wants AC ๐Ÿคฃ

Mratl83 profile image
Mratl83 in reply to

Yeah i heard that its hot down there. My buddie said it 130 degrees the other day, the AC is your bestfriend๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ Man thats probably hotter than a turkey on Thanksgiving๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

in reply to Mratl83

Where I'm at it has only been 110 with the humidity

Mratl83 profile image
Mratl83 in reply to

Man you got me want to grab a fan, and im already siting in the AC๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ From what i heard Florida is one of the best places to visit. I heard the beachs is one of the best place that you, can go, man i hear so much good stuff, about FL. You are so lucky.

in reply to Mratl83

I don't go to the beaches I prefer the Springs. But it is beautiful here if you ignore the temperature.

Mratl83 profile image
Mratl83 in reply to

Yeah im pretty sure its much cooler there in the spring.

in reply to Mratl83

No not the season the water springs

Mratl83 profile image
Mratl83 in reply to

Oh ok thats great.

Summer for hope and the scent of flowers and Fall for the stark beauty of bare branches

Mratl83 profile image
Mratl83 in reply to Gentlespirit

Hey Gentlespirit i agree with you theres nothing like the scent of the fresh summer flowers. Fall is a good season aswell the weather is just right some, days you can wear short sleeves and pants, other days mabe a lite jacket but its never really cold enough for a coat.

You may also like...