You can only keep 3..πŸ€”: Hi, I'm... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

48,122 members β€’ 49,373 posts

You can only keep 3..πŸ€”

Hidden
Hidden
β€’95 Replies

Hi,

I'm having trouble introducing myself although it seems easy for some people, it's really hard for me. So I'm reaching out to get to know you. πŸ™Œ

I suffer from Anxiety & Depression. I've had some pretty bad experiences, as I'm sure a lot of you have.

So, here I am hoping to gather support and help other's too.

Life's been pretty nasty the past year.

So, I found this exercise I thought might be interesting to help me get to know some of you. I thought this would be a cool ice breaker exercise as I'm nervous being here. It's kinda silly I know, but don't we all need that? 🀭

95 Replies
oldest β€’ newest
Hidden
Hidden

Vehicle, Music 🎢, Coffee (tough call with a cupcake in the pictureπŸ§πŸ’˜)

Hi PixieMae, a great way to introduce all of us to each other :)

My 3 picks are Pie, Cupcake and Ice Cream.

Welcome to this amazing forum :) xx

hypercat54
hypercat54 in reply to Agora1

Hmm all food related! 😁

Agora1
Agora1 in reply to hypercat54

Hi hypercat x Get the picture that I like my sugar?? :) xx

hypercat54
hypercat54 in reply to Agora1

Sure do 😁 x

Lay off the sugar agora geeeeze πŸ˜…

Hidden
Hidden in reply to IamWearyLetmeRest

🀭

No more sweets for agora tonight🧐

All in moderation is the "key".

I eat very health, don't drink, don't smoke, don't

do drugs. A choice of a little dessert makes me happy.

Happiness makes my Endorphin levels soar.

I Breathe, I Meditate, I am at Peace.

It works for me Namaste my friend :) xx

I know I'm just trying to have some fun. I'm definitely not one to talk when it comes to sweets ☹, or alcohol

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Agora1

Very true.

Hidden

Tummy yummy πŸ˜‹

Hidden

Thank you!🧁πŸ₯§πŸŸπŸ§πŸ₯žπŸ©πŸͺ

Agora1, I love food!

Hidden

Thank you πŸ₯ž

Hi PixieMae

I choose the music, phone & vehicle

Are you wanting support in general or something specific

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Freedom57

Yes my anxiety and depression has gotten worse. I always feel something bad is going to happen. Staying home is safe. I'm afraid all the time. .need some coping ideas.

Thanks for asking:)

Def the music and the vehicle I chose too because when I take a ride I listen to music which relaxes.

Tai_123
Tai_123 in reply to Hidden

Hello PixieMae, I choose coffee, phone, and cupcake. I, too, feel that something bad is going to happen or that I will cause something bad to happen. It is so exhausting being afraid all of the time. I can barely function some days. What helps me is to distract myself by watching something relaxing on YouTube or doing some prayer and meditation.

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Tai_123

My heart feels for you Tai_123! You've also described me as well. It is all I think about. I feel like I've been in this endless circle of despair. Yes it's exhausting Tai_123 and my sleep is so bad which has a lot of me being scared attached to it. I'm not understanding what exactly I think is going to happen. It's not anything like the end of the world. It's bad things happening. I have been in therapy to figure out why I'm like this. I wrote yesterday but I meant today, Thursday, I decided I needed to look for an online support group. I decided I couldn't stand living day in and out like this anymore. I know I'll always be anxious but this thinking something bad"s always going to happen is ripping me apart and driving me nuts. My Therapist's Supervisor found this group for me. When I talked to my Therapist for our session today she said she'd talk to her supervisor and call me back later in the day and she did. I felt huge relief inside and then the nervousness set in. She took time to do a short meditation with me. There's a lot of online groups but how do you know what may help over another and also has a better reputation?

So you mentioned YouTube helps. I assume there are specific channels that help. I am not a fan of Facebook, Twitter or Instagram but I like Pinterest because on Pinterest you can do it yourself anytime and find out information on any boards you decide to put up. There is no chatting with anyone except on rare cases for your board rules. Just today I was sent a message from someone who wanted to collaborate with me on my Nature board. Because of the person's name I don't know if this interested person in my board is a female or male or what name they go by on YouTube but I'm going to message him/her tomorrow and ask.

I did say I had a woman meditating saved in my Private stuff on YouTube. I forgot her name because my Therapist sent me those and I just added them and honestly I haven't used them much. I love nature pictures which is why one of my boards is nature. So I've got to ask about this person's videos because I think I'd like them better than meditating. I can message you when I ask and let you know. They are relaxation nature videos.

Thank you so much for your time. Do you do anything like Journal? Any ideas to make that more interesting. I don't think it's for me.

Again Tai_123 I appreciate your help. Thank you. Xx

Nothing_but-pain
Nothing_but-pain in reply to Hidden

Hi,

Sorry if it's a clueless question, but could you explain what Pinterest is, and where to learn how to use it? I tried Google, but it all went over my head. Maybe Pinterest will help me too?

You said you like nature. I have collected many (really really many) bird pictures in my computer, and when my screen saver comes up, I sit, watch, and feel my blood pressure drop. Plus it's fun trying to learn all the names. Someone in our forum posting a "robin" picture had me stumped though, 'til I figured out "Oh, UK forum. UK bird." Looked up the little so-and-so, and sho-nuf.

Best.

P.S. Is it cheating to do two-for-one? Pumpkin-spice pie, transportation, tea (chai).

Welcome.

Hi PixieMae,

I'd choose cupcake, pie & nail polish :)

Welcome! I'm new here too, but I've already received some great support.

Hidden
Hidden in reply to BeachCat

Awesome. Great to know!!

I thought nail polish too because it's so relaxing to do my nails

Yes, I always feel better when I have a fresh mani :)

I have anxiety & depression too that's also gotten worse. Happy to help if I can.

Hidden
Hidden in reply to BeachCat

Awww thank you.

I do my own manicure',s and love doing them. I love pedis! πŸ’…

Greetings and welcome to this forum. I've met some great people on here. I guess the 3 I would pick are music, phone, and vehicle. I'm a big believer in music therapy. And I so wish I had a car these days, I'm trying to save up for one and I need to get a job too. I tend to ramble on, sorry. I happen to be almost 50 but I get on here and chat like I'm 16 again. Are you into music at all and if so, what singers or bands do you like???

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Googoodollsfan14

I am replying again my phone went out and my response wasn't saved so I'll do my best to recreate it. I'll say "it figures" because that totally fits my persona. It was pretty long and was about to hit send and there goes my phone. Off. 😬

I love music and I think it helps heal. I like Rock, Oldies Rock & Contemporary. I'm very much into the genre I grew up with. I'll throw some names out to you of some of the groups I like because I'd have to go to my Music Board on Pinterest to find the names. I think my anxiety is effecting my memory. Is that normal?

I like America, AbbA, Eagles, Boston, Chicago, Shania Twain, Carole King, Carly Simon, James Taylor, Taylor Swift, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Beach Boys, to name a few that come to mind.

I have explored James Taylor's history in music because I heard he's had a pretty tough life recovering from drug & alcohol abuse and bipolar disorder. A lot of the lyrics from his songs are directly from his experience's in trying to get well and explaining the highs and lows as Fire and Rain in that particular song. Many of his songs depict similar message's.

So I see you like the GooGoo Dolls...what else do you like?

Thank you very much for helping me out. I appreciate you and everyone here who's reached out to do my exercise to help me get to know some people here. It helped.

So yes I had vehicle, music and β˜• coffee. Cupcakes are a close second because I like to bake. I am getting hungry for pancakes right now. Lol.

Thank you. πŸ₯žπŸ§

Googoodollsfan14
Googoodollsfan14 in reply to Hidden

You named some greats in music there. I love the song Fire and Rain too. And just a little while ago I was on YouTube listening to an Abba song called On and On and On. I love a little bit of everything. I grew up in the 1980s so here I go. My music mix would be INXS, Sting, Cher, Madonna, - Madonna's made a ton of money off of me!!! I live in Michigan so go figure. I love some of the Motown music too like the Temptations and Aretha Franklin. I like some country like The Band Perry, Rascal Flatts, Keith Urban. I love that Blue Ain't Your Color song by Keith Urban, I think that's destined to be a classic. And there's a lot more I like too. When I get really down for some reason I will put on Sitting By The Dock of the Bay by Otis Redding, because I hear that and I'm thinking there's someone who shares my pain and frustration. It's nice that you bake stuff. I like to cook once in awhile but I don't like having to cook all the time. I eat too many microwave meals. I did make French toast for my mom a week ago, I put some cinnamon on it, we had a nice mother and daughter breakfast together. Well take care, have a great night.

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Googoodollsfan14

Love sitting on the dock of the bay! Reading your post I realized I did leave so many greats out.

Okay let's talk french toast. Love breakfast meals. The best! Pancakes with loads of butter and syrup, french toast with same and rewind and repeat!

That's nice you made that for your mom. Very sweet. πŸ₯žβ˜• of you!

Coffee

Phone

Music

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Dolphin14

Nice!

I can definitely live without my phone but not coffee or music.

I also love cupcakes 🧁and pancakes...

:)

Taco, hot sauce, and car

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Kainan_li

Haha.. love this, Kainan_li LoL..

Are these the only 3 things we can have for the rest of our lives? In that case wine, cupcake, and ice cream.

Hidden

The exercise doesn't say if it's for the rest of your life but we'll assume so. I love your answer πŸ™Œ

Hello pixie-kins .....shoe collection πŸ‘ ....lipstick πŸ’„.....and coffeeβ˜•οΈ

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Sillysausage234

πŸ˜€

If I took 2 steps in the high heels πŸ‘  I'd be on the ground then at the ER🏨 but I did initially pick shoes and changed it. The lower heeled kind. LoL

You sound like that one guy from silence of the lambs silly, hahaha

Hidden

Lol

youtu.be/QRqXBsgnYok

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Sillysausage234

πŸ˜¬πŸ˜€πŸ€ͺ

If I could have 4 moisturising lotion would be next πŸ˜„

Very essential to keep that skin moisturized :)

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

That character was based on a real person though. Yikes. I know I'm the buzzkill right now lol

Hidden

Lol no you're not πŸ˜‚

You are a silly sausage 😁😁 xx

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Try out for comedian night! Seriously tho. Ty You always make me laugh. AlwaysπŸ˜„

Hi Hypercat! Ive missed ya!

Hiya Sunnidayz missed you too. x

Aw thank u! I know in the beginning of my journey, here on this site, you might have been reluctant of me. Now do you see I am who I am? No phoney bologna?πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Huh?

I always liked you dear. Experience online has taught me to be cautious, so sorry if I ever gave you a different impression. x

Nothing was taken personally. I appreciate your honesty..ty. You are kind.

Aw thank you my friend. xx

It's the truth

Anytime!!

Thank u Hypercat!!

😁😁 x

:P 😏😎 πŸ±β€πŸ‘“πŸ§‘x

My three keepers: vehicle for travel, coffee/tea for hydration/alertness and phone for navigation/communications.

Hidden
Hidden in reply to enigmaticide

πŸ€—

This type of post looks familar....

Hidden
Hidden in reply to MinnieMouse1234

? You should join in. They all look alike we're here for very similar reasons.

Phone, taco and hot sauce πŸ˜‹

I hope you feel better a day can post on here more. I found it a great place to talk to people who are like minded. :)

Hidden
Hidden in reply to dom410

Thank you dom410

I am going w hot sauce, tacos, and wine

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Crystal999

Nice choice.

Well done for making the connection . I hope you get all the help you need to help you cope with your depression . I’m in a bad place so I’ll not get chatting but you have my best wishes

Sorry you’re in a bad place. I understand deep depression. But have hope. There can be a light at the end of the tunnel. I found it so.

Am in the hell between weaning off one antidepressants and starting another with an anti psychotic . Suicidal ideation as always is kicking in my brain and am powerless to stop it

I was there, with the weaning off one to try another. All that chemical imbalance was horrendous. I didn’t think of killing myself, but all I could do was lay on the bed holding on to the bedspread asking God to take me. It went on for longer than I would have liked but eventually the psychiatrist found the correct meds. But the process was a nightmare. I feel for you.

Just tried again and still says unavailable. Darn...

Oh well. How are you doing? Hey, I got my letter today! Happy dance!πŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈ

Car , lip stick and tea

Mia898
Mia898 in reply to Mia898

Welcome to the forum :)

Hi

Nice to meet you!!

1. Phone

2. Music

3. Now here it gets difficult...it's got to be pie or car...

Music, taco, hot sauce. If I take all that to Margaritaville maybe someone will have pity on me, and give me some tequila.

Covid has changed my life. The first two weeks of stay at home orders I got hives everyday, because I had to work from home alone. Then my partner was told to work from home too., and I got better. By the end of April I couldn't make myself leave my yard. I have huge panic attacks if I have a doctor appointment I must attend. Otherwise, we stay home, and use delivery. I don't know what I'd do without Amazon!

I will find here on this site some of the kindest people most genuine I know

i keep ice cream ,vehcile,pie

Hi everyone! My choices are phone, coffee, and music😊

Phone tea ice cream x

I would choose phone, music, and vehicle. When I think about why it’s because all three can help me escape. I’m a big avoider which I guess makes sense why I have anxiety since anxiety gets stronger the more you avoid.

Life feels really hard for me too. On the outside it doesn’t appear that way, but it is more so internally. What seem like simple tasks like working, eating, going to the store, socializing are hard for me. I hate being in my own skin, one of the things I’m working on in therapy.

I am learning in therapy that a lot of what got me here and keeps me here are wrong ways of thinking, not learning appropriate coping mechanisms, how to manage stress, and how to find balance. The changing thought process is the hardest for me to do, especially when it’s how I’ve thought about things my whole life.

You don’t need to be nervous here. Everyone is pretty great from my experience. People show compassion and understanding, and it’s one of the few places to feel like you are among like others instead of the odd-ball. Welcome 😊

Hi greetings from Southern California! That would have to be my lipstick, car and phone. I could live in the car. Keep in touch with loved ones with the phone. And the best do self care with a nice red lipstick, my favorite!

I do love my lipstick too! Funny story: The other day I was going to enter a store and habitually reached for my lipstick, did a quick touch-up like I like to do, then...put on my mask. And laughed. Who cares, though? The lipstick is really for me anyway. I like deep reds, black, and shimmery pinks.

Phone, vehicle, and taco

Trouble introducing yourself? You have one of the most popular post I've seen on here, and it hasn't even been 24 hours yet lol. I think you did alright.

Vehicle, music and phone. But I want that taco too.

Person, woman, man ... oh wait, wrong list ... 😾

Well, you did a great job introducing yourself.

You can do as much or as little as you want in the forum. Questions, thoughts, replies, or just read.

The plague sure has made a lot of people's a&d even worse. I had a major car accident at the end of March, then the shutdown happened. I was locked away for almost 2 months.

It is my first week back at work. I am in so much pain. Part of my issue is also my stubbornness. Pain or not, I am determined to walk the mile and a half to my building from the parking lot to do my job.

I have had tears a few times this week.

Welcome.

Music And Icecream

i like music tells a story

Hello Hidden pleased you have come here for support, think this is a wonderful way to start, and feel for sure that there will be so much support and can see already you have had all these replies, so rather than me say anything apart from Hello, and am very sad to hear that you too have these problems like us, I am certain that the support you get will help to sort things out, only wish I had some encouraging words for you, but feel so low myself over different things it could make you feel more worse than you do.

Bless you, take care xx

Wine, music, ice cream. Easy. Hi there. You have reached out to me and I am very grateful. I would like it noted that video games are conspicuously absent from the list. I will assume that's an oversight and will forgive you. 😜

Ever wanna talk, feel free to message me.

Icecream, tacos, and phone πŸ’―

I'd like to change my answer because I just realized I could cheat.

I would like pie a la mode. Boom! That's two.

With my phone, I can access Spotify and Pandora. Boom! Two more.

Lastly, my taco GOTS to have hot sauce.

If you combine things, you can have it all. I didn't have it in me to mix wine and coffee, but I was tempted. Also, you could do a pumpkin pie a la mode, adding in the pumpkin spice, but, um...I kind of hate pumpkin spice.

Hello

I choose phone, music, and vehicle.

In my opinion you came to the right place the people here are so amazing and understanding. This forum is a blessing for me

Music, tacos and wine.

Welcome and hope you find the support and encouragement you need!

This is anice way to meet everyone here enjoys what if kinda stufff...keeping in mind I am older mine would be Music Taco and ohhhh! this is tough...cupcake. Welcome there are amazing people here!

You may also like...