Nightmare neighbors and whats your st... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

48,121 members โ€ข 49,372 posts

Nightmare neighbors and whats your story๐Ÿ™

Mratl83
Mratl83
โ€ข76 Replies

Hey to all of my wonderful great people out there i truly hope that you guys are staying safe happy and blessed. This was about two weeks after my 20 birthday. I was so excited i was moving into my first apartment, i was really nervous aswell, this will be the first time living without my parents, saying to myself, im really going to miss them. When i first got to the place, it had alot of space, and it was really peaceful, man was i wrong. It all started one nite, about 2 in the morning i was woken up out of my sleep with a really loud noise. I went to the window to investigate, there were people literally outside with the door wide open, and the, music was blasting to the max. This is so out of character for my upbringing this is really new to me, i was raised in a quiet peaceful community. It got even worser there have been times that i have came home from work and multiple people are siting around outside, loitering drinking and smoking. I have seen people siting around on there porch in the winter time with coats on, in 40 degree, temperatures know joke. It got to the point when i hated to go outside. I reported these people to the office management, they said they would handle the situation but they did nothing. I even contacted the authorities one time. I asked the officer why are these people are always siting around all times even after hours, do they work how do the afford to pay there rent? He said they are on low income basically saying there rent is really cheap, while im paying the full price, im not going to get into details but it was really expensive, it was not worth it for the price that paying and all of the crap i was going threw at the time. The officer said its best to start looking for another place becase these people out here are just i lost calse. I took the officer advice, and when my lease ran out i got my a** out of that place. I moved back in with my parents for about 5months to get myself together. Just thinking of it now, it was all my fault i did know research on the place. I was so desperate to live on my on i pretty much took the first thing that came my way. I learned a valuable lesson from that situation always research the place that you are moving to. I eventually moved out on my own again, to a great place with great peaceful people and i have been happy ever since. Do you have a nightmare, neighbor story, or have you ever dealt with some? Leave me a comment and lets get the conversation going. God bless you allโœŒ

76 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest

How do people cope with Neighbors ? I generally do not know what to say mine are too friendly !! I just want to say hi not chat !!!

Mratl83
Mratl83 in reply to Mia898

Yeah my neighbors is very friendly aswell. I love talking to them. One of my neighbors everytime i see him the entire conversation is about sports๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. I love sports but man lets talk about something else for at least once๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Mia898
Mia898 in reply to Mratl83

I would inform them there is no sports and what else is there on .. My sense of humor is not funny.

Mratl83

I agree with you i should tell them theres no sports on. Your sense of, humor is hilarious, i love it๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Mia898

My friends do but I just have to say that as not everyone does get me !! I just have to laugh

Mratl83

Well i get you smart people think alike. I love your sense of humor.

Mia898

Thank you :). My Family do not get me but I do not get there rudeness so takes two .

Mratl83

Yeah it both falls in the same category ha๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Mia898

I wont say but I do not get why my neighbors lights are in my boundary ? Of course I would not say but totally wired or is that me?

Mratl83

Yeah that is really weird, about that light situation, pertaining your neighbors. Neighbors can really bother you sometimes. Doing the 4th of july, my neighbors kids were poping, fireworks in my yard. The parents said nothing. I had to go out there i told them to go in there yard. I was really upset one nite, because there kids were still shooting fireworks at two in the morning, and there parents said nothing.

Mia898

How old are the children and should the Parents of said something? This maybe depends on how old you say they are.

Mratl83

Yeah im so sorry i forgot to mention that. One of the kids is 10, and i think the other one is 8, or either 9. Thats even worser because they should have been in bed.

Mia898

I think personally at that age they should not have fire works end of but what can I say I do not know the kids so hard to judge .

Mratl83

I agree with you kids are really innocent, and really sweet, they dont understand the full, consequences, of there actions. I never have been into fireworks, but thats just my, personal opinion.

Mia898

I personally do not like fire works or any sort of flame I stay away . Had a few bad memories from a child so stay away .

Mratl83

I can definitely can relate in a way. I was probably about 10 at the time. Me and my friends were at the jim. I was standing over the pool and my friend pushed me in. Little did he know that i couldn't swim. Luckily the lifeguard was there and saved me. From that day forward i had know, interest in learning how to swim.

Mia898

One positive come out you can swim now witch is fabulous . :)

Mratl83

Yes

I once moved into my ex friend trailer in her backyard and I thought in my head it was a big trailer but it wasn't it was very small but it was good for 1 person to live in but my friend mom didn't get everything fixed when I moved in so half the things were either not working or it was working but it wasn't like amazing. When I moved in there was no Air conditioner at all, I had not heat, I had to sleep in a very cold Trailer which was bad and my mom friend didn't care and then there toliet system sucked I couldn't flash everything down I had to throw it away and my friend mom never told me till a week i was living there. The sink was broken so I had to be careful how I used it and they never fixed it and then the windows were broken and they weren't fixed till later on and then the outlets weren't working but some were and a light in the corner was not working and they didn't care about that. The trailer didn't have Wifi and it wasn't close to there wifi system so I didn't have wifi plus if I wanted wifi I would of had to pay them every month to use there Wifi which was riddicules. Then they would try to make me feel bad because I guess my ex friend mom paid a lot of money to get the trailer fixed, when they told me that they only need to get the bathroom fixed and the roof fixed but now it was the whole trailer that needed to get fixed so they would try to make me feel bad and then one day we went to the bank and they pulled out a lot money right in front of me and I didn't feel bad at all and I decided to move out not just because of that because my ex friend treated me like crap while I was living there and one day I was done with it and I lived and now i am happy...thats my story about moving out the first time. I learned my lessons. Everybody makes mistakes but thats okay, it was just our first time moving out and being independent but now I know to check everything before I move into a place.

Mratl83
Mratl83 in reply to Ilovepugs123

Hey llovepugs123 and thank you so much for your response im ever so sorry that you had to deal with that madness when you moved into that place. The sad part about the entire situation you knew these people, they was suppose to be your friend at the time. Its sad moving into a place and everything need to be fixed. They knew this they knew all about those issues before you moved in. Your situation sounds like one of my buddies. About two months ago my friend asked me can he come stay with me for a while. The place he moved in the water was not working at all in the bathtub. He said the landlord told him they are working on that issue. These people dont care about you all they want is your money. So sad.

Ilovepugs123
Ilovepugs123 in reply to Mratl83

The sad part too is I didn't have a washer or dryer, I wasn't allowed to use there's so I would wash my clothes in the sink and they were suppose to get me a washer and dryer and then one day my friend mom was like have my daughter been washing your clothes and I said no and shes like I told you, you can use our washer and dryer but that I would have to find another place to do my clothes in the future which made no sense at all and I said okay and then my friend would hold my clothes against me and wouldn't give them back because she either didn't wash my clothes right away or she did and didn't want to give them back to me which was sad. Its sad that you look up to a friend to help you and then you really see there true colors and then you just don't want anything to do with them because of how they are or how they act to you. that sucks that your friend went through that. No one deserves to be treated badly or was told things and they never fix it.

Mratl83

Yeah you are so right know one deserve to be treated like that. The part that really hurts the most and it really mentally, cuts like a knife. Is they suppose to be your friend. Thats why im more of a loner, and im more isolated from the world, because of my past and how badly i was treated, by the people who i called a friend at the time. I have really bad trust issues.

Ilovepugs123

I'm sorry to hear that, I have trust issues too, everybody goes throught that and it takes awhile to trust people and to earn there trust. I have no friends either. It does mess with your mental health but if you know a friend is toxic and you see that friend being toxic its best to end it and move on and thats what I did and remember that you will meet new people everyday they will either be toxic or a good friend it depends on there actions,

Mratl83

Yeah im the same way sometimes i wonder alot what make a person take, advantage of those who care deeply, for them, but i never come up with know answers. I think that we as people, have to acknowledge there are bad people out there, and they will try there best to get over on us. I think thats our job, to try our very best not to let that happen

Ilovepugs123

No one should ever let anyone take advantage of us, its not right. That is why we have watch out who we met and how they act and if we see red flags to just end the friendship and move on because that 1 red flag can save us from getting more hurt.

Mratl83

You are so right im trying my best to warn my friend about this lady who he just met. He said the only time that he talks to her is in the day. He said he never talks to her at nite, he said he calls but it goes straight to voicemail. I said bro please just let it go while you are not that attached to her. The only thing i can think of, either she married, are she lives with a guy. Know matter how you slice it, it just dont sound good.

Ilovepugs123

It sounds like this girl can be using him or it sounds like this girl only messages him when she feels like it, but that is a red flag when he calls her and it goes to voicemail, you never know it could be a guy hes talking to pretending to be a girl it happens.

Mratl83

Matter or fact you really did make me think then, thanks alot for mentioning that. He told me he paid her light bill last week. So yeah you are so right she might be useing him. Not trying to sound mean, because im very nice. But the only woman light bill i will pay is my woman if i had one, or a close female friend of mine who i have known for years. Not a person who i just met.

Ilovepugs123

Thats not right that he is paying someones bill he barely knows that doesnt sound right plus she might ask him for more money because he gave her money the first time and thats not right.

Mratl83

Yep its really, frustrating to me as a friend, knowbody wants to see there friends or loveones get, taking advantage of. Whos to say that she dident take his money and split it up with another man, and go on a shoping spree.

Ilovepugs123

that is true but at the end of the day its ur friend choice on what he does but telling him about it can maybe stop him but it won't completely stop. Sadly if he choices to continue thats on him but hopefully he doesnt continue and I hope he stops and thinks before he does something hes going to regret.

Mratl83

I agree with you i got enough anxiety myself im not going to let him bring me down with those bad choices that he is making.

Ilovepugs123

He will one day see the truth.

Mratl83

Yep you are so right some people have to learn the hard way sadly.

Ilovepugs123

That is true.

Pittiedad9
Pittiedad9 in reply to Mratl83

King of isolation over here.

Quality not quantity haha

Mratl83
Mratl83 in reply to Pittiedad9

Amen my brother

my neighbours are bullies who hurl vulgar abuse at my Mrs in front of my kids.

Mratl83
Mratl83 in reply to kenster1

Hey kenster1 and thanks for sharing that. Thats definitely verbal abuse knowone should behave like that in front of kids. That reminds me when i lived with my, parents and our neighbors use argue and bicker in front of there kids. They would be all outside arguing infront of the neighbors, for everyone to see. Man they were calling each other every name in the book. It got so bad one day, the kids came to our house and my, parents called the police.

Hello :-)

I have nightmare neighbours both sides

Put up with it 20 years but now we are going to move

Sometimes it is just bad luck and sad when people cannot be considerate towards their neighbours :-(

Hope you find another place soon :-)

Take Care x

Mratl83
Mratl83 in reply to lulu-1

Hey lulu_1 and thank you so much for your response. Im so sorry that you are dealing with that nonsense, pertaining your neighbors. I agree with you its just best to move. That situation that i described with my neighbors i were in my early 20s, i been left that place, i only lived there for a year, and that was to long. But i had to wait to my contract ran out when it did i left.

lulu-1
lulu-1 in reply to Mratl83

Hello :-)

O glad to hear that you have got away from there :-)

I imagine you are content and living somewhere a lot better :-)

We are moving to a new build should have been moving in the next month or so but with the virus , building stopped and it will be sometime next year now but I just tell myself at least we know it will not be much longer before we can have peace and quite :-) x

Mratl83

Im so glad that you guys are geting away from that place, know one, deserved alot of chaos at a place where they call home. Yeah the situation with the virus it pretty much slowed the world and, the entire economy down. The place i live in now i love it, but the thing that i love the most, my parents only live about two miles away.

lulu-1

O it sounds perfect , I hope eventually we will be as happy as you are where we are living :-)

I have a Son he won't leave home 26 now , two Daughters who left early and when I mention how about getting a place of your own he will say only if it is next door to you :-D x

Mratl83

Well he love his, parents, its hard to leave the nest๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. I wish i would have stayed home a little, longer because a cannot cook๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Im geting, tired of eating out๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. My dad said that i need to go to cooking school๐Ÿ˜‚

lulu-1

He can't cook either and he likes his food maybe that is why he is stopping :-D x

Mratl83

Oh yeah i love is style he is very smart. Hes geting all of the great home cooked meals, and im jealous๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Im the dumb one that cant cook, and eating out every day๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

lulu-1

Well I don't think you are dumb , just keep dropping in at home when you know they will be eating , I am sure they will feed you :-D x

Mratl83

Oh yea my mom love to cook and i love to eat all of it up๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

lulu-1

Well sounds like a plan and you will save on the cooking lessons but maybe for the future you need to find a good wife that can cook :-D x

Mratl83

Yeah i agree my dad jokes around with me and says, son make sure that you marrie a woman that can cook, if not you both will be out of luck๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

lulu-1

Your Dad sounds like he has a great sense of humour :-D

Also he is right :-D x

Mratl83

Yeah hes funny i love being around him, i think thats where i got my character from๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

lulu-1

I think by the sounds of things you should move back home you are missing out :-D x

Mratl83

It would be much cheaper i can tell you that๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. Right now im carrying all of the bills๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

lulu-1

I won't let me Son see this he will never leave if he read what it is really like :-D x

Mratl83

Yeah he would probably say at least someone out there understands me, i think i will stay at home to im 45๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

lulu-1

O he would agree with you 100% and 45 :-o :-D

He could still be :-D

Think I have made a mistake as the new house I am waiting to be build he has a room with an en suite bathroom on the top floor a bit like having your own apartment but in a house erm might not be the best idea I have had :-D x

Mratl83

Well thats awesome hes going to love that๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. If i was your child i would never leave neither๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

lulu-1

O he is already planning everything :-D

I have two older Daughters that left home very young , have their own homes , look after themselves and they are forever getting on at me saying Mum when are you going to make him leave home and look after himself he is a man now :-D

But he is my youngest so always my baby :-)

It has been lovely talking to you , I am in the UK and it is 2 in the early hours of the morning so I hope you enjoy the rest of your day / evening and maybe cook a little snack if you get bored :-D x

I lived in a low income housing complex for 8 years. I could write a novel on the worst neighbors EVER.

Sooooooooooooooooooo thankful to be out of there! ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธโค๏ธ

Mratl83
Mratl83 in reply to brokenlight

Hey and thank you ever so much for your response brokenlight. You would think these people would have more respect for hard working people like us thats, trying to make a honest living. You would think that they wouldn't be so loud and irritating. Im so glad that me and you got away from those environments. I think they should not group people like that around working people like us, i think thats an accident waiting to happen.

Bless you I am so very sorry as understand xxxx

Hi, I know exactly what and how you are feeling dear Mratl83 and understand completely.

My husband and I have suffered so much over the past 3 years and 7 months, extreme noise, day in and night out for anything up to 18 hours continuous thudding from a sub woofer which goes with a surround sound home t.v cinema system with an extra 3 ft sound bar. This belongs to a man who has an alcohol problem plus, and ever since our housing association moved him in we have had problems from the word go. Sure it has been reported to them but it is getting them to believe you, even if the local police and your housing manager have heard this, witnessed it for themselves several times over the years.

Even been abused verbally and my husband assaulted by this nightmare neighbour, I am registered disabled although not severely thank goodness and my husband is my carer but has chronic arthritis, we live in a 1 bed bungalow have a lovely garden been here for 18 years but are now on the housing list for somewhere else to live, have also put our case into the hands of a solicitor as we are so traumatised by this whole thing neither of us can continue to do any more paperwork ourselves.

We are currently sleeping or trying to get some rest in our front room which is not good, we are that worried as this drunk plus listens to any noise, hardly any and he will turn his remote controls up and down continually, this is all because I reported him in 2016 for his A.S.B, he has also told the neighbours and made things up just to get them on his side. they are so shallow in believing him or that was until a week or so ago when he showed his true colours by getting so drunk and sitting outside with his "music" on, so some of our decent neighbours have been "entertained" by him but then they can go inside, close their doors and block the racket out.

I have had some suggestions from the good people on here but none have worked with our housing association as they are so very hard to make understand what we have been and still going thru.

We are now just praying for somewhere else to come available where we can live out the years we may have left in peace.

So you see I do understand only too well how it must affect you and can only hope and pray that you are able to find somewhere else, and/or get right away from these people who have given you so very much trouble in your life, please take care and send my love and prayers to you. xxxxxx

Hey and thank you ever so much for sharing your very touching, heartwarming story. It breaks my heart to the core that you guys are going threw this difficult situation with that, evil ungrateful man. Its just down right, ignorant and ridiculous for someone to have that very loud system and just, behaving in a unhuman like way. You would think that animals have more respect for people. Its really frustrating and disturbing that this man have an alcohol problem, and hes probably geting drunk in the place, and causeing a big disturbance. Its upserve that this guy still lives there. I just dont understand the people in our world in this day in time. Then the disrespectful man assaulted your husband. He made every violation in the book, and hes sill there. Im a big, supporter of law enforcement, but sometimes i question them to. It seems like the law let people take the easy way out. The place i described about my neighbors, that happen in my 20s. I lived there for a year, untile my contract, ran out thin i left. I pray that you and your husband will find, peace and happiness i will pray that this monster will get out of this house. God bless you and your family

Bless you too Mratl83, someone once said to me a very long time ago now, there is only heaven when you die as living on earth is hell. Somehow think this person was right in saying this.

Wishing you peace, health, happiness xxx

Thanks for those words of encouragement, i really appreciate that. I wish you and your family, peace, health, and happiness to. God bless you๐Ÿ™

After all my problems in early life I have discovered that both hell and heaven are what we help create right here in this life of ourโ€™s! At first I didnโ€™t believe it and didnโ€™t buy into it. Then slowly I began realising the I have no control over anyone or anything other than myself. The only thing/person I have control over is just myself! The day I realised that I started taking responsibility for myself....my life, my health, my finances, my actions and my choices. Then the โ€˜hellโ€™ began to change into โ€˜heavenโ€™ and my love of life grew.

I am moving to an upcoming neighborhood. I hope my neighbors are nice . My mother in law said take the neighbors something nice and be polite. I want to get them a gift card and maybe some seeds for gardening .

Mratl83
Mratl83 in reply to Blu_A25

Well that sounds great that you are moving in a new area, the neighborhoods probably fantastic. Thats a great idea coming from your mother in law, i agree.

I was friends with my neighbor for 3 years. She then met another person in our park and they became very close. They spent more time saying cruel things about our manager than doing something productive. I just listened and when told not to repeat something I didn't. However, I got a call from the manager saying this neighbor said I was spying on her and the other friend. Excuse me? I could care less what they were talking about. And she said I was doing things that were untrue. This went on and on and I got fed up. I told my manager that she should be careful who she put her trust in, and to watch her back. I told her a couple of things that this neighbor said about her but not one thing I was told not to repeat. I was angry that my so called friend and neighbor was now talking behind my back! She sent me a nasty email. My reply? I told her I would not dignify her email with an answer and I was not into childhood games. We haven't spoken since. There are over 100 people in my park and she is the only one I am not friends with. I cannot stand back stabbers, gossipers or drama queens. And I don't care to deal with someone who is passive agressive. I will take responsibility for telling my manager to watch her back, but I will not apologize for protecting a friend.

Mratl83
Mratl83 in reply to Ladybug9

Yeah that was plan evil what she did, thats the lowest someone can go, fabricate stuff about you, and not only that she went to your manager. I wonder what goal she was trying to accomplice by doing that. I agree that was really childish for her sending you that ridiculous email, its like she was trying to bate you in an argument. I dont blame you for not wanting to talk to her.

Your kindness and empathy for others is wonderful. For some reason I wanted to share this song with you. I felt he wrote if for me when I first heard it. It's me all the way . Thanks for letting me share it with you.

youtube.com/watch?v=7LBCFyU...

Mratl83
Mratl83 in reply to Ladybug9

Well thank you for that im very touched i really love the song. Thank you for the complement, you are amazing.

My old neighbors had a big blue and yellow parrot with clipped wings that was good for nothing but making noise.

They didnโ€™t have a pot to piss in but they needed this thousand dollar bird.

Winters are tough where I live...we yearn for this sunny spring 70 degree days in May.

When the sunny days came out so did that parrot. It would squawk all day so loud I could here it through my walls.

I love animals but that is one creature that I wouldโ€™ve shot a missile at yo

Mratl83
Mratl83 in reply to Pittiedad9

Hey Pittiedad9 bro i hate that you had to experience that nightmare with your neighbors. These people have to understand they are not the only ones live there,these people need to think about how others feel. I really understand were you are coming from that is the worstest feeling in the world a loud irritating neighbor.

You may also like...