If you could change someting about yo... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

47,665 members โ€ข 48,971 posts

If you could change someting about you, physically and , mentally what would it be๐Ÿ™

Mratl83
Mratl83
โ€ข8 Replies

Hey to all of my wonderful great people out there, i truly hope that you guys is staying safe happy and blessed. One of the things that i would, truly change about myself is shaving, i have to do that every single day. The days that i wake up feeling, anxious with, anxiety, and depression im really mentally drained i really dont want to do anything. It takes so long to shave at least for me. But its a job that i have to get done because if i miss one day without shaving i will be itching, after that i exercise and meditate hop in the shower and try to make the best day that i can. Another thing if i had the chance to change it would be my weight, im only 145, standing at 510, thats tall and slender for my size. Know joke i literally still can wear clothes from high school, im 36๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. If i was a little biger that would be great. But i really dont understand, why im so, small because i eat like a horse๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚. The final thing i would change about me mentally is to stop being so caring and sensitive. Last weekend my buddy and his girl came to visit. When the nite came he said we will stay tonite and leave first thing in the morning. He dident ask he just invited his self to stay all night. Since im off from work on the weekends i try to rest and relax all by myself. I guess im so loving and i just dont want to hurt people feelings. But in life we learn valuable lessons we have to look out for ourselves and our best intrest. If you could change something about you physically, and mentally what would it be? Leave me a comment, and lets get the conversation going. God bless you allโœŒ

8 Replies
oldest โ€ข newest
Hidden
Hidden

Shewwww boy how much time do we have?! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Mratl83
Mratl83 in reply to Hidden

You got the floor sister you know how we do. Express yourself.

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Mratl83

Ok we'll have a seat and let me explain to you what I feel like are my flawed or "problem" areas lol. So let's start at the top and work our way down. My hair. I'm so very unhappy with it, the length. I cut it like a month or so ago. I dyed it blonde. 3 times. In one month. Fried it. I had personal reasons for doing this, but ultimately it cost me the long hair that I had grown for so long, and that I loved. And it makes my heart sad. My brain. I often wonder why my mind works so different and why I do some of the things I do. I often overthink. Dive to deep in the raging sea that I call my mind. I prefer deep talks vs. shallow ones. Most people I encounter are shallow talkers. Also this is the dwelling place of my anxiety, so the deep conversation I so deeply crave, is shut down almost instantly because of my insecurities and fear of sounding completely stupid. Oh and the wonderful connections my brain also makes, which makes it hard for those I actually having conversations with, because I bounce from topic to topic quickly, my family are pretty much the only ones that can keep up. I like my eyes, all my babies inherited them from me, and they are stunning to stare into their eyes and see so much light and joy. Shewwww boy my mouth. It's so bad sometimes. I have a problem with cussing and it's just not I want for myself. I'm blunt. Alot can't handle that and makes me seem like a big b****. Which sadly I've accepted as part of who I am. I'm more overweight than I'd like to confess. Most people who's opinion I actually care about, tell me the weight looks good. I personally don't see it, and hate looking in the mirror. I have hyperhidrosis. And it has prevented me from have intimate relationships because who wants to touch someone who is so sweaty all the time? Seriously, my feet slide smooth out of flip flops ๐Ÿ˜‚ it's more than just these feet though, but anyways, there is alot more but this probably sounds so bad right now. I don't hate myself the way I used to, but it is definitely hard for me to look in the mirror. That is why I enjoy this site because in all honesty I feel invisible in the real world, I feel like I don't have too much to offer. And I'd like to change whatever it is about me that is not worthy of being a wife. Given I was before but I got married at 17 and that's a whole other story. But anyways, I'm struggling dude lmao ๐Ÿ˜‚ one thing I've grown to love is that I see the people that love me regardless of all my flaws, and I'm just don't a whopping s*** anymore. Oh and one more thing. I'd change my drinking habit. And smoking, Lord knows I'm so over that mess. I hate that I can't just cold turkey quit this mess. You inspire me. Seeing you have never drank or smoked, is absolutely amazing!! I wish I could say the same. ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ’ž

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Hidden

Oh and my sarcasm ๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿป I saw a psychiatrist when my son was in the hospital and he definitely pointed that out to me lol... It's horrible

Mratl83
Mratl83 in reply to Hidden

Well you are already making great sacrifices you were blessed with the opportunity to cut the drinking and smoking in half. We all are people that suffer with some kind of pain and anxiety. You said the ones who opinion you value is the ones you love. Thats fantastic they are the ones that will help you threw this. Try to focus on the positivity, you have great wonderful kids who love you to pieces. Thats find if you sweat alot, thats something that you cannot control. A man is going to love you regardless love conquerors all. Ok you have a curseing problem, thats find thats who you is. And you should not change for anyone. I love a woman who speaks her mind. You will, eventually get to the weight you like. Everything takes time sister. Try to get those negative thoughts out of your head when you look in the mirror. You are your biggest motivator. Program your mind with positivity, it may sound hard but you can do it. Your hair will get to the level you want it to be, that takes time to. You are a great, lady a great mom, a wonderful individual. Let your kids be your motivation. With god and love you can overcome any obstacles.

Physically, I am overweight, and I am self conscious about it.

Mentally, the anxiety would have to go first, but second would be along the same thing you said. When the worst thing you've ever been accused of is being too nice.... well, it's more like being a door mat. I have gotten much better about saying no as I have gotten older, but even then my heart hurts because I feel guilty when I can't help everyone. Some see it as a good trait, and most of the time I do too, but it is EXHAUSTING!

Also, I'd love to have some of your metabolism if you want to share ๐Ÿ˜‚

Mratl83
Mratl83 in reply to Rosiemarie82

Well thank you so much for your heartwarming complement Rosiemarie82, im always blushing when women complement me. I hate that you feel that way about yourself. In my eyes all people are, beautiful know matter what size they is. But i support good people like you on whatever decisions that you make. You are a strong tough woman you will rise to the occasion and make it to the weight you want to accomplice. In my eyes know matter what size that you are you still great. Yeah im tired of being a door mat, good people like us its really hard to say no, But we will figure it out.

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Rosiemarie82

Don't ever mistake your kindness for weakness. That is a strength. And if it gets exploited, that says more about the person exploiting you, than it does you.

You may also like...