What are some of the routines that yo... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

47,721 members49,036 posts

What are some of the routines that you guys do to keep, your anxiety, in check day and nite?

Hidden
Hidden

Hello to all of my wonderful great people, out there, i truly hope that you guys is staying safe happy and blessed. Sometimes in life it seem like you just cant shack all of the negativity ha? Thats why i try my best to stay away from negative people, and there negative, energy. And the news is not making it know better, the main topic is, im not going to say it, but you know what im talking about, i get anxiety just thinking about that word. Thats why i dont, watch the news or get on social media, anymore, its like they want you to be depressed. When i wake up in the morning, i dont check my phone, i dont need any distractions, im just trying to stay focused. I go in my kitchen and get the coffee maker going. Then i go back in my room and start meditating, i do that for about 6mins. Then i do a little

exercising. After i finish exercising. I meditate once again for about 6 mins. My main goal is to be the least stressd as possible. Im a highly sensitive guy, so its really easy for me to get triggered. At this time the coffee is ready, so i have me a cup, grab my phone, check my notifications, get ready for work, and try to make the best day that i can. Later on that nite i take a quick shower, and start on my skin care routine. I think that its really important, to take care of your skin. I always have been in to skin care though. When i get threw with all of that, i cut on the tv, grab my phone, and start scrolling down my youtube feed. I dont watch the negative news if its anything with that word in it i swipe away. I mainly watch stuff about skin care, comedy, and mental health, these are therapist talking about anxiety, and how to manage it. My goal is to get relaxed and eventually fall alseep. So thats the day in the life of me guys. What are some of the routines that you guys do to keep your anxiety in check day and nite. Leave me a comment, and lets get the conversation going. God bless you all.

22 Replies
oldestnewest

I like routine. It makes me feel more in control of my life. I don't sleep like a " normal" person. I sleep in naps. So I just do the best I can to do things that keep me in a calm place.

I like to exercise in the am. It gives me more energy and a positive attitude for the day.

I rely heavily on meditation to stay baseline grounded. If something comes up and I'm feeling unsettled I will take a break to meditate. I know when I need it and I don't hesitate to " check out" and do it.

Those are my two biggest coping skills in my day.

I love that you take good care of your skin.:) it's so important.

I'm having my first pandemic facial on Thursday. I can't wait.

Thanks for your posts. We learn a lot about each other through you posing questions. It's nice.

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Dolphin14

Hey Dolphin14, me personally i love talking to you. We have so much in common its amazing. I like to meditate in the am as well. One time i tryed it at nite and i was up later than i intended, even though im a night owl. Again i can relate to you, when i also feel highly stressed and anxiety i take the time to meditate. I always feel really good after having a conversation with you. Thanks so much for your compliment on my post my friend😀

Dolphin14
Dolphin14 in reply to Hidden

Meditation is so powerful. I'm glad it helps you. I would be lost without it.

Your posts are great. I speak from my heart. You are doing good work. Helping yourself and others.

:) take care my friend

Hidden

Thanks that means alot coming from you. I try my best. I really care about you guys. If you ever need to talk ill always be there. Talk to you soon.

Dolphin14

I'm here for you also, anytime.

Def talk again soon.

Hidden

Ok thanks god bless.

Same!!!

Running meditation, reading/ writing,music also helps, I meditate around 4 am then I get ready for my run

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Callmedanielle

Hey Callmedanielle thanks alot for your response. You have a great routine going on. I like to go running in the park.

In the mornings when my alarm goes off my dogs will do 1 of 2 things. They will either snuggle and head butt me or get up and bounce around forcing me out of bed. When I get up I'll change the soft sting instrument playlist I play while sleeping to either my favorite playlist of random music or to "My Favorite Murder" podcast. Then I'll take my dogs outside and just stand and watch them play in the dirt for a little bit. I get ready for work while they go potty and run around for a little bit. When I'm ready to leave I'll tell them breakfast and put them in their kennels with their food. But, the absolute best part of my day is coming home from work, and letting my boy out of his kennel. We do this every single day. I open his kennel door and he immediately starts bouncing trying to boop my nose with his. Then we'll spend an hour or two outside playing or me watching the two of them play. Then it's dinner time. After dinner I'll either work on school work or read a book until I get tired enough to shower and go to sleep, being snuggled to death by my pups.

I love the thought of wagging tails to come home to 🐾🐾

It's the best feeling :)

It truly is the best feeling. Makes me feel so loved when my babies get excited seeing me walk through the door.😊

Unconditional love. There is nothing like the love and loyalty of a dog.

I had mine for 14 years. He was my world and I was his. It was perfect.

Enjoy every minute:)

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Doglover309

Hey Doglover309 thanks alot for your response. When you was describing your wonderful dogs if only you can see the smile on my face. Words cannot, describe how much i love dogs, i think that they are the best ever. I bet they be so happy to see you when you come home. You mentioned podcast i really been into them lately. Im subscribed to a sports, podcast, DR Phil, and Nancy Grace, im still searching for more though.

Doglover309
Doglover309 in reply to Hidden

The “My Favorite Murder” podcast is a true crime comedy and also focuses on mental health and dealing with anxiety. It’s pretty good and makes me smile sometimes 😊

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Doglover309

Hey thank you so much for that recommendation. I never looked up mental health on a podcast. I surely will check that out. If its anything thats fighting against anxiety. You can count me in a million, out of a million times.

Hidden
Hidden

Hi great post.

I have a daily routine and live by my calendar. I usually don't sleep because of pain-somnia and anxiety though I do doze. Right now I have a little blessing with me and that's my puppy whom I am settling in for the night. She's having a ruff time settling down tonight. My 2 oldest dogs are with my soon to be ex in the bedroom. I sleep on the futon in the living room. First thing I do in the AM, and my AM starts at 330 AM is dress up fast before my soon to be EX leaves for work. I feed my dogs. The 2 oldest I cook for and freeze their food, taking it out as needed and the pup gets her puppy chow ,pumpkin., Veggies and fish oil.

I have my routine of doing 1 load of laundry, making his bed only because I like organization and a clean house, I then meditate, sometimes with the dogs or they're playing. I have a yoga room as it's an extra room, no children of my own, (not able) & I then settle in and rest a bit after cleaning up the dishes and organizing the dog toys and living room and clean the bathroom. It's still dark out at this point so a walk is out of the question. By this time they're pooped literally 😂 and figuratively. They rest & doze off again, they're small and have already expended tons of energy playing while I was doing my thing. The rest of my day is filled with resting my body because I have to and walking and taking care of the dogs. I read a lot and binge watch my fav TV show. I usually have a weekly appt at the hospital to treat my Interstitial Cystitis to reduce pain and 2c a week with my Therapist via phone until office visits resume. I will sometimes spend time at my friend's pool or a few hours at the beach but this year is different because of the Pandemic so I haven't been to the beach persay but have driven down to fav spots to relax mostly on the weekends so the most ex can watch the dogs. Mostly I rest due to.pain and fevers.

My ex and I have an agreement that he can live here since courts have been closed and backed up as long as he pitches in with chores and bills so he's not homeless.

I usually lie down while watching the dogs play or sit I'm the porch and read. I'm not on social media and can't stand watching the news. Too much stress. On Sat mornings I shop for my parents and myself. My days I mostly spend on the couch if I don't have an appt because I feel like crap. Fighting a fever the past 2 days..I have to add I do like being up when the dogs and the EX is asleep as it's quiet dark and peaceful. I can focus on reading and having nothing to do. I may meditate.

A very special part of my day is talking to my parents 3x a day and my best friend from sun up to sun down!

Stay well my beautiful friend. ☺️

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Hidden

Hello Leeza7 and thank you so much for your heartwarming response. Its always a honor and a blessing speaking with you. Its nothing but breathtaking positivity. Im ever so sorry to hear about your pain somnia it breaks my heart that you are going threw that. I truly hope that you will get over your fever soon. The good thing is that you got your wonderful dogs to keep you company, i bet they love you to pieces. I know once you get settled down i know you be really tired. I know that little baby puppy be all over the place. I cant tell you how much i love dogs. They just bring out the best in me. It seems like you have a pretty good routine. Hopefully you can get more rest. And please get better please keep me posted on how you are doing, because i really care.

Hidden

You're such an awesome person. You never judge for any reason and accept people how they are. That is so appreciated around here. There are some fantastic supporters here! ☺️

Hidden

Well thank you so much my friend that really means alot. You are really awesome to. I would never judge or put anyone down. I got to much love and respect for them.

Hidden

God bless you 🙏 for that. You're a true gem.

Dolphin14

I thought you have 3 labs? They must be a mix if they are small?

You may also like...