Counting down to the weekend - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support
45,882 members47,280 posts

Counting down to the weekend

LadyZen
LadyZen

Anyone else excited to be counting down towards the weekend? I'm the most anxious trying to get through the work week. Only three more days for me.

18 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi there,I've been in the same job for 25 years and as much as its a constant,its made my mental health worse as I lone man the shop for 11 hours a day and it's like being in a goldfish bowl in a small town where everyone is nosey,so I understand the joy of time off very much!,,

LadyZen
LadyZen in reply to Fireking1

Omg! That's exactly how I feel. Before my divorce several years ago, I had an exciting job traveling the country. After my divorce, I had to settle into a job that allowed me to work from home to take care of the kids. The isolation has changed me, so I look forward to the weekends.

Fireking1
Fireking1 in reply to LadyZen

I've always been ok with my job,not exciting but entertaining and local...so I've endured it,recently though I've resented it.Realised it may be hindering me after all this time and no pay rise for 13 years makes you unworthy.

Yes, me too! I am off on Monday so it is a 3 day weekend! i can't wait. Not that i have plans to do anything, but just to be off of work and not have to think about anything.

I hope you have a great weekend!

I love what I do, I worked hard to get here (a work to enjoy and love) so I often will await for relaxation, but I usually count down to the end of big projects or beginning of some project, or sometimes expected days of partying. Weekends per se are not interesting in my life unless filled with something like sports games, gym, travel, videogames .. sitting down idly or just being lazy is nice for a day if you have earned it, but overall I want to be back on the move (like a ferret whose character I have stolen here lol). I will very often do my most business meetings on weekends, as people tend to work best when more informal, relaxed, supplied with a beer.

We build one of businesses on weekends alone (natural cosmetics shop, made from local stuff)

I'm pretty sure you posted on my post where I'm the opposite. While I do better with my anxiety during the week I do sometimes look forward to the weekend and being out of work because my job can be stressful. I work in the mental health field and it can be overwhelming and I look forward to the weekend to decompress, but I find that when the weekend comes the thoughts I pushed away come forward on the weekend because I dont' have all the other things that work has to throw myself into. With saying that some weekends are better than others, and I feel like last weekend was bad for me because I was sick as well and I'm more prone to anxiety when I'm sick or not feeling well.

Try not to think of it as getting through the week, maybe try having little things to look forward to throughout the week, like maybe something good for dinner or a tv show to look forward to, I find that can be help for me sometimes!

I do look forward to 5pm :). That's when I get off. Haha.

LOL. I mean its the little things that can make you feel good!

Hidden
Hidden

Yes, first hope it’s okay I followed you. Sounds like we may have at least 1 similar issue. And yes I do have something I should be excited for this weekend. I am concerned however, my feelings feel muted as of late.

Wish I could add a photo here to show you rather than tell you why I am going to have a better day Saturday. I’ll see if I can put it on my profile. Thanks for being here and what you have already given me.

LadyZen
LadyZen in reply to Hidden

I can't wait to see the photo.

Hidden
Hidden in reply to LadyZen

I have it posted now under the title Why can’t I have joy? Hope you saw it. I was happy to share the pic here.

I find when I'm working (only been back a month) I can put a front on around my work colleagues but as soon as I get in my car to come home I kinda crash I guess. My mood tumbles, my anxiety builds into frustration to the point of almost a panic attack, and then the suicidal thoughts that have been kinda suppressed hit me in the face. I hate it cos it seems/feels like I'm always miserable at home and I dont want to be - I guess home is my safe space to let my feelings out?!

I hate Thursday, Friday, Saturday mostly cos my husband works very late (he owns a pub) we arent close but knowing someone isn't around to take some of the weight of looking after the kids and housework is hard sometimes.

All that said I've broken my big toe today so who knows what will happen!

LadyZen
LadyZen in reply to Kaytee1981

Make sure you keep those suicidal thoughts in check. Do you have a therapist?

Kaytee1981
Kaytee1981 in reply to LadyZen

I have a mental health nurse (CPN) on the waiting list for psychology.

Hidden
Hidden

I actually feel loneliest on the weekend. It’s Valentines and I have no plans. At my age it feels silly to care about that but I do. Reached out to some friends and I’m gonna push myself to go out but I’m not excited. What do you do on weekends?

LadyZen
LadyZen in reply to Hidden

I have two older kids, two aging parents, a dog, and an old house that take up most of my free time. But with any spare time I have, I work on my novels, read YA books, watch movies and shows, and swim. This weekend I have to clean the house, go to mass, and work on my novel. I don't experience loneliness and enjoy solitude, but I'm not an introvert. My ex-husband always expressed he was lonely, even though we shared the same children and the same life. Ironically, he was an introvert. This led me to the conclusion that loneliness is something internal and not necessarily something external. I remember he and I would go out every weekend and no matter what we did or who we met, he couldn't shake the loneliness.

Hidden
Hidden in reply to LadyZen

I agree the deepest loneliness I feel is when I’m down on myself. Full of regret and self criticism. I was my loneliest when I was married. It was an unhappy marriage. I feel much less alone now that I’m single. I actually turned down Valentine plans to be with myself and go to an event on my own 😳...so different and uncomfortable but really good for me

Hidden
Hidden

Hi. Same here. I am counting every hour hehehe. Weekend's my stress reliever! Work's really so stressful these days. People at work stressing me a lot. My anxiety level rising. My patience wearing thin.

Weekend would really recharge me. 2 days of not thinking and breathing about work! hahaha

You may also like...