Daily Grief Support--- November 27, 2019 - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

58,031 members58,113 posts

Daily Grief Support--- November 27, 2019

BobJensen
BobJensen

Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know." - Pema Chodron

Take a moment, either in a journal or on a scrap of paper, to write down the most important thing you learned about yourself from the person you lost. You may have learned that you are more patient than you realized, that you love more deeply than you knew, or that you are loyal. Every person gives us a gift, and it is valuable to recognize each one as the precious treasure it is.

14 Replies

When I lost my mom to a car accident 10 years ago, I learned the true depth of my parents’ love for one another. I’d never given much thought to their 40+ year marriage, but seeing how my dad cared for my mom in her last days showed me a side of him I had no idea existed.

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to nicetry

Thanks for sharing.

nicetry
nicetry in reply to BobJensen

You’re welcome!

That’s an awesome idea!

I lost my service dog of 12 years suddenly and unexpectedly two years ago and I still have moments of profound grief.

The bond between a service dog and their handler is incredible.

I can laugh at memories now and smile thinking about him but then there’s waves of deep grief at times still. I’ll hear something or see something that will remind me of him and the bottom let’s out.

Maybe I’m crazy.

I shouldn’t be having these moments two years later...

He taught me love and how to love and that I was capable of loving. He gave me selflessness but he also taught me selflessness.

Something my family never gave me.

His unconditional love got me through so much.

staggent
staggent in reply to Pixels12345

I think when we feel this way all of our pets can be thought of as service animals. When you are down in the dumps there’s nothing like a little puppy nose nuzzling you to at least lift your spirits slightly 😊

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing.

nicetry
nicetry in reply to Pixels12345

I still think about pets I lost years ago. I don’t think it’s crazy at all, it’s part of grieving.

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to nicetry

I agree.

That's a wonderful thing to consider. That love is eternal seems to be the extended message with time.

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to Julian67

Thanks for sharing.

I moved two hundred miles away to nurse my mum , who had ovarian cancer . And my dad had Parkinson’s and couldn’t manage. My mum would of had to go in a hospice , and didn’t want to so I stayed with her for the last six weeks of her life. Took my six year old daughter, and left my 18 and 23 year old to run things at home. It was emotionally hard and humbling , and so sad. But even in that time, we laughed together. But I learnt that I can do so much more than I thought with patience and love. I consider that time I spent with my beautiful brave mum, an honour. And would do it all again in a heartbeat 💓

BobJensen
BobJensen in reply to fragile58

Thanks for sharing.

fragile58
fragile58 in reply to BobJensen

😊

You may also like...