Daily Grief Support---September 14, 2019 - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

59,370 members59,548 posts

Daily Grief Support---September 14, 2019

BobJensen profile image
BobJensen

"The weird, weird thing about devastating loss is that life actually goes on. When you're faced with a tragedy, a loss so huge that you have no idea how you can live through it, somehow, the world keeps turning, the seconds keep ticking."

- James Patterson, Angel

When you walk down the street, you probably pass several people who are grieving. Can you pick them out of the crowd? No - nor can you be identified as grieving by those who don't know you. Life goes on, but you are not alone in your grieving process. Be sure to stay connected to others so you don't feel isolated in your process.

14 Replies

Life does go on. Sometimes watching the world go on as usual can be pretty painful.

But, as we walk by any stranger on any given day we have no idea what they are going through in their personal life.

That's why we need to treat people well.

A lot of our battle wounds are held inside.

BobJensen profile image
BobJensen in reply to Dolphin14

Well said. I agree. Thanks.

Dolphin14 profile image
Dolphin14 in reply to BobJensen

Thank you

I enjoy your posts

BobJensen profile image
BobJensen in reply to Dolphin14

Thanks. This picture is my wife and me at our son's wedding in 2011.

Hidden profile image
Hidden

I'm not sure if you know this or not ..there is a bereavement site on here...you may want to check it out...

Dump trucks of groovy love, peace ,light, joy and hugs!

BobJensen profile image
BobJensen in reply to Hidden

Thanks.

Hidden profile image
Hidden in reply to BobJensen

My pleasure..

May you have a beautiful day..

Yepper doodles more dump trucks filled with groovy love, peace, light, joy and hugs coming your way!

BobJensen profile image
BobJensen in reply to Hidden

Thanks. well said.

So So true! Thanks.

You are welcome.

All part of life sorry to say, we get numbed to the loss of people close to us. It will happen to everyone of us although in my case it is my Wife and dog are the only ones around me now,

So all we can do is try and get over the loss in the best way possible. We all have different ways, and we can also concern ourselves if our feeling may be inapropiate to those around us. It is a real problem. I still have problems.

BOB

Hang in there. I hope things get better.

I only wish life was more positive, loss of people we love is all down to life and how eventually we live it. I suppose loosing people we know and love are lessons set out to us all. In my teens and twenties I seemed to loose many people, my attitude to life was hard, that was because I had a strict brutal upbringing. I was always taken to the death bed of my relatives, and was there to calm them and give help and support for what was coming. As I got older I was asked to contact undertakers to come out, then first line relatives would take over from there.

I always attended funerals, that was how I was brought up. My first funeral and Wake was when I was in my early teens

I always and still do feel that as long as I have done all I can to move the person on with kindness I always feel no real need to regret a passing. Those who have not helped the person feel the guilt and that suits me. I do not grieve in the same way as many.

BOB

Thanks for sharing. That is a lot.

You may also like...