Daily Grief Support---August 29, 2019 - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

60,795 members60,673 posts

Daily Grief Support---August 29, 2019

BobJensen profile image

"We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past. But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and future." - Steve Maraboli, Unapologetically You: Reflections on Life and the Human Experience

What are you going to do today? Will you be at home or are you going out?

You decide today who you are going to be and what you are going to do. The control you have over yourself and your actions is actually an important part of your healing. Your loved one being gone makes you feel like you have no control. However, you do control a lot of the pieces of your life. Having an awareness of that will help you feel less like a victim of your loss.

6 Replies

It’s been 4 years since my husband died. I still struggle with it. I make good choices to get out and do things and see people but in the end I find it exhausting and I always feel a certain amount of anxiety

It takes time. Grief is different for everyone. Keep hanging in there.

I just read this post and your post from today. I feel I am my mistake and struggle because I finally agreed to something I never should have agreed to. Now I'm a widow working harder than ever before living his life and dream and not my life. My grief is for me and losing my life with my current situation. Theres a lot of anger and resentment towards him and it was there for a few years before he died. It's just a bad situation right now. Thanks for sharing.

BobJensen profile image
BobJensen in reply to All_alone

You are welcome. Hopefully in time, things will get better.

I went to work and ate a piece of cake for breakfast! That’s huge for me, considering I always have anxiety about staying thin and body image. I also invited my sister in law over to my home for dinner. I am an extreme introvert and don’t like hosting people, but I was proud of myself for stepping out on a limb and trying it out. She loved the gesture and that warmed my heart greatly.

BobJensen profile image
BobJensen in reply to Makayla11

That is great. Wow. Baby steps.

You may also like...