Anxiety and Depression Support
30,429 members31,261 posts

New ADAA Blog Post: What to Do to Fight the Isolation You Feel When You’re in Distress

"As a clinical psychologist and a researcher, I often hear patients and friends tell me how isolating it feels to deal with stress, anxiety, and depression. Our human nature does not prepare us to strive without deep, meaningful, and fulfilling connections to others." ADAA member Sarah Bloch-Elkouby, PhD authors this blog post on what to do to fight the isolation you feel when you're in distress. adaa.org/learn-from-us/from...

3 Replies
oldestnewest

Excellent blog! I think everyone needs to read this.

How I’m feeling right now

I understand. I used to beg God to take me and give my years to someone else. There are so many young people snuffed out in the world...let them have more time to be happy since I’m not. 😞

But it doesn’t work like that. I’ve recently been begging God for a “Do over”. Not happening either.

I agree with the reply that someone has done this to you. Maybe in your childhood? I have no self esteem or confidence in myself because my mother told me I was so dumb I would follow someone jumping off a bridge. She questioned every decision I made. So here I am, she’s dead, and I’m trying to handle things as an emotionally immature adult . Too late. Broken since childhood. No one cares.

People can really mess your mind.

Yes, grown men cry. They hurt like anyone. So cry. No one here is judging you.

Self hatred is something I have as well. I guess I’m really not that bad but I would find it hard to find one quality about me I like.

This is the part of the reply where medication and therapy is mentioned. You have to get to the bottom of your hate. There must be a reason for it.

Keep talking to us. If there is a friend you can count on, talk to them. I’ve broken all mine😁

Lean on someone. We all have to do it some time.

1 like

You may also like...