Anxiety and Depression Support
29,472 members30,033 posts

Intimidated by Therapist

Had a visit with my Therapist this past Saturday she has been intimidating, still is. I questioned her about the medication she had given me Mirtazapine. Other people on this website had told me it had them addicted? She had told me it wasn't, she was mad about what I told her, that these people don't know what their talking about? It's all in their Head. She also got upset that I hadn't seen her in awhile, I asked her why did she have to physically see me? We could do what we're doing now talking, that I'm having financial problems. She didn't Care, she got iny face and said EXCUSE ME!!! That I was lucky that I didn't Stop seeing her, after 6 months she'll stop seeing someone usually? I want to change Therapist? I'm I wrong for feeling this way? I'm scared now to express myself.

11 Replies
oldestnewest

Don’t go back to her, you deserve so much better than that, she sounds like a bully!

2 likes

Yeah, I'm going to look into it. And I told her because of my anxiety, it's hard to leave the house. I think I've gone through All the therapist in the group my insurance pays for? I'll also be changing my medical doctor. I haven't been having luck with doctors, this one literally yelled at me. I seem my new one this Wednesday.

2 likes

Hi, In my experience, a therapist should not make you miserable and if they are you have the right to choose another therapist. I know that I often feel I don’t deserve help or compassion but that’s the illness talking in my head. We all deserve to get the help we need from a caring and thoughtful therapist.

1 like

Thanks, I'll Will be looking into that. Maybe cause I have a HMO? I aways thought therapist was suppose to be compassionate and have empathy? Otherwise you won't open up. She gave me a mental test, I lied on it cause I was afraid she'd have me locked up? You never know?

1 like

Same! I think a lot of us are afraid to tell the whole truth. I also had a therapist recently say to me on first meeting “no one likes you do they?” I was like wtf great way to make a new client feel comfortable.. not! plus she looked stoned! So unprofessional I should really have reported her too.

These people have no business in this type of profession, they act like their God's gift to us? She called me tonight because I told her that the medication she had prescribed I had already tried She did not like that at All, that I didn't try the maximum dosage which is 600mg, right now I have 50mg!!! Is she Freckin kidding me??? 50mg to 600mg...no way... she's Crazy... she's OUT!!!

I don’t like this therapist. You deserve someone with more empathy.

2 likes

You need to change your therapist now. That is not okay

1 like

And honestly I would report her. No one should ever make you feel that way. Especially someone who is supposed to help you.

If I can help with anything please let me know

I hope this doesn’t make you afraid to continue with therapy.

One time I had a therapist fall asleep on me... yeah so I stopped seeing her and it was really hard for me to let myself open up to another one. But now my therapist is amazing. I hope you find someone who is professional, compassionate, and a good fit for you.

1 like

I agree, it seems that All the therapist that come from this Medical group are horrible. I don't remember how many? I hope I have more choices? Thanks for your support

1 like

yeah.....that's confrontational and not professional

2 likes

You may also like...