Anxiety and Depression Support
28,563 members28,812 posts

Scared. Suicidal thoughts

I’ve never ever ever had this before. It’s scaring me to death and I just want these thoughts to go away. I started Prozac.. and was on it for about a month... I stopped... and then maybe 2 weeks later I started back up for maybe 6 days and then I stopped bc I started thinking about people jumping off bridges when I would drive under them... when I would go to my closet to get clothes I would think about how someone would hang them selves in there. I’m sorry... but that’s what I was thinking. The problem is I am still thinking crazy things like that... I’ve stopped Prozac. I’m so scared I’ve messed myself up going off and on anti depressants

Please someone help. I’m not crazy... I don’t want To go to a dr or something bc I’m not going to kill my self. I love my self and my life.... these thoughts just won’t leave.

14 Replies
oldestnewest

I'd mention it to your dr. They shouldn't freak out or anything if u let them know u wont act on the thoughts

2 likes

Thank you. I just hope they don’t suggest another anti depressant.. I don’t think I want to try anymore. This is like the 6th one I’ve tried

1 like

Aw, I'm sorry

Did you read the side effects sheet? The thing is, we are all susceptible to the power of suggestion, especially when we are anxious. Could it be that you are thinking about the symptoms some people experience when they take this medication? You really sound as if you are a thoughtful and considered person who worries about the impact of suicide. Taking medication is a serious issue and it is well documented that some people do experience these frightening thoughts, so I think you are right to really think is this one for you or not. Can you go back and talk to your doc and explain what you have told us? Surely it would be reasonable to look at another medication or treatment that would suit you. Hope so, good luck.

Thank you, it could be that. I always look into the medications before I take them... look on google.. the pamphlet etc.

I have taken klonopin everyday for 2 years so ya never know, that could be doing something to me

Prozac did so much damage to me. I got suicidal so fast. It was hell. And it was the first medication I tried so it made me scared to try others. I don’t know how Prozac is still existent. I’ve never heard anything good about it.

So remember that pills take some time to leave your system. Remember that it’s the pill, it’s not how you really feel and remember it will pass and this is a temporary situation.

In the meantime you’re probably feeling awful and that’s SO important that you reached out to us. You can always call the hotline and definitely call your doctor. Try and keep busy.

You’re OK! 💜💜💜

Oh and you can tell the doctor that you’re having thoughts. He’s not going to check you in. He has to know to help other patients. And he’ll probably tell you about another option. So don’t worry about telling him and being put into a clinic!

❤️❤️ thank you! I can’t wait for this crap to leave my system

1 like

Patience is one of our biggest challenges, but we hang in there and when we feel better, that a huge achievement!

Many people have varied responses and negative reactions to anti depressant drugs. Some of the medications do not mix well with other medications and or supplements we may be taking. The pharmaceutical company will list these contraindications on the packaging and or leaflet that you would have received with your prescribed medication(s). When one has an adverse reaction to an anti-depressant, then it’s suggested to see your physician immediately, especially if it comes to suicidal ideation or uncontrolled thoughts of wanting to hurt yourself or someone else. Prozac is one of the most common anti-depressants with adverse side effects. Best would be to call a friend or family member to take you to see a doctor!

Take care of yourself as best as you can. We can only do our best. I agree with what everyone mentioned^ about heading to your doctor. Sometimes doctors may try to pressure us into taking another antidepressant but be assertive in your decision of not taking another antidepressant. You got this. Patience is a virtue. Keep yourself busy. Journaling helps a lot too.

Don’t give up. I too felt that I would never find a med that worked for me. I lost track of all the different meds and combination of meds that I tried. Don’t feel guilty. This is what our doctors are supposed to do. Take one day at a time. Thanks for sharing

Hi Elizabeth,

I would suggest to talk to your doctor. Try to open up about how you truly feel. I hope you will get better soon. Praying for peace and you will soon overcome depression and anxiety. God bless.

Elizabeth, I have a very good idea that I know what you are going through. I tried to commit suicide several years ago. I was on life support for a month. I will never be the same. Yes, I can talk, walk and most other things. I deal with severe depression and anxiety. I’m on 8 different meds. Sometimes I think they work, and other times they don’t. Elizabeth don’t do any thing that can’t be undone. Your life is precious. Especially to God. God gave me a miracle. I wasn’t supposed to live, but I did. I didn’t mean to offend you about God, but as a Christian I want you to know, that he loves you, and he is still in control. He will never leave you. Will talk to you anytime.

You may also like...