Anxiety and Depression Support
26,164 members25,499 posts

Sleeping

Hi all, I’m really struggling with sleep. I have tried phenegran ( promethazine) it gives me a morning hangover effect. Last night I tried melatonin I didn’t like it and this morning feel anxious.

What sleeping tablets would you suggest that has the least hangover effect?

15 Replies
oldestnewest

I also take magnesium and good vitamins with b’s in. Also on citalapram 10mg but sleep was awful before taking it.

I think it depends on your body. I take benedryl and zzquil. Melotonin might be good? I know how frustrating it is with hardly sleeping. Luck to you friend! 💜

1 like

I’ll try some benedryl. Does it make u sleepy next day. I can get to sleep but come 3am I am awake. X

Gabapentin, hydroxyzine

Brilliant thank you. And u feel ok in morning on that x

I have personally had this problem and the best sleeping aid I could find is Serenity. It is a product by EU natural, made from natural mix of herbs. The best thing is that you wouldn't have the grogginess after waking up. I ve tried many solutions but so far this is the one that gives me a very sound sleep without any headaches or tiredness after. Give it a shot

Looking at them now. How many capsules a night do u take x

I take 2 capsules with a glass of water roughly an hour or so before sleeping. What I love about these tablets is that I wake up feeling great, like I didn't take any sleeping aid and also knowing that its made from natural herbs, I have no worries

They don’t deliver to the uk. X

I bought mine on amazon. I think you should be able to find some on eBay too

Ok I’ll have a look thank you x

Ooo thanks. I’ll look into that. It’s the morning hang over I can’t deal with it. Thanks for replying. Doctor has prescribed me zopiclone but hesitant to use it.

Look up rhodiola. It is a herbal supplement...also St John’s Wort and Valerian. However, you need a medical/ herbal practitioner that knows the interactions with what you are taking. Some pharmacists know both pharmaceutical and herbal remedies.

Good luck. Sleep is a common problem for us folks with OCD.

Valerian is really good. I take an herbal tea that has Valerian and Chamomile and I find it helps me relax before bed. The one I use is Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Extra. I don’t know if that particular brand is available in the UK but there are others. Be careful with St. John’s Wort. Recent studies show it isn’t particularly effective and can interact with other medications if you’re on any.

I know I can’t take St. John’s wort cos I’m on antidepressants. X

You may also like...