Melatonin : So first day taking... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support
33,944 members35,723 posts

Melatonin

Kirsty8729
Kirsty8729
17 Replies

So first day taking Citalopram and I don’t sleep as it is. I normally take promethazine/phenegran or valerien. But says you can’t on citalapram.

Can you take melatonin with it?

17 Replies
oldestnewest
PeachyLisa

I don't know about that. You could call your pharmacy they would know. Best of luck. Love, peace, light, joy & hugs for you!

Kirsty8729

Thanks. I put phone down and thought oh forgot I bought it. X

1 like
PeachyLisa

Have a peaceful day. Love, light, joy & hugs!

Kirsty8729

You as well. ♥️

1 like
Hidden
Hidden

Yes... but be careful about taking too strong a dose because it can oversensitive your receptors.

smartdrugsmarts.com/episode...

Kirsty8729

Thank you that was informative. Trying to think of something to help me sleep.

1 like
PeachyLisa

Have you tried any calming teas? XXX

Kirsty8729

Yeah they don’t touch me lol I still drink them though . I don’t sleep as it is. Now I feel like I have took cocaine from the tablet feel all buzzed up lol Xx

buffaloss

I've never had issues sleeping so I'm not much help there. I would check with your pharmacy. I've been on Citalopram for 3 years now. The first couple nights are the worst. I had horrible dreams but that cleared up after a couple nights. It didn't clear my anxieties but it made it manageable! So hang in there better days ahead!

1 like
Kirsty8729

Lucky you lol. Thank you. Didn’t help ya anxiety that’s not good. I hope so. Feel down today.

Jweixel

I couldn’t sleep for the first three days and had terrible panic attacks. Day four I finally was able to sleep and haven’t had a panic attack since. It’s week three and i feel it’s just settling in. Hang in there, it does get better!

1 like
Kirsty8729
Kirsty8729
in reply to Jweixel

Thank you. I didn’t sleep before the Citalopram. Just hope I sleep tonight. Thank you for your reply and advice. . . X

grace111

hello im on citlopram 20mg per day and the doctor gave me circadin 2mg which you have to get from the gp they are long acting ones, i'v not started them yet as im to scared as i read that you can get bad nightmares from them. iv tried all sorts of sleeping pills those zoplicolne make me feel horrible the next day and give you a metalic taste in your mouth and stomach all day long. im hoping to hear from people who have been on circadin the long acting melatonin that you cant buy and maybe that will give me the courage to take them. but they are definately safe with citalopram. hope this helps. love grace xoxo

Kirsty8729
Kirsty8729
in reply to grace111

Oh ok thank you. What type of medication is it x

Kirsty8729

Just google it’s melatonin x

grace111

hi kirsty. you have to 55 or over to get this but if your not you could still ask your gp. its only available on script. its called circadin 2mg modified release. which means it goes on working to keep you asleep. you could go to google its what i did and i typed in circadin 2mg modified release reviews and i got lots of information on it. but iv put a post up on here last night to ask if anyone has tried it. its only lately that gps have been able to prescribe it my doctor was telling me and its not the same as the ones that people buy from chemists or health shops. let me know how you get on and if i get any replies from my post i shall let you know. how are you getting on with your citalopram? it can take up to six weeks to start to work but the thing is and i didnt know myself that you have to be very careful with what you take when your on citalopram as i had a dreadful cold and bought a bottle of night nurse and luckily i was fine but your not supposed to take it with citalopram and even certain pain killers can cause quite serious problems. i used to get tramadol and had to stop taking them because they are dangerous with citalopram so always check with the pharmacist even if you buy anything over the counter. a lot of those anti deressants are like this they'r called seratonin re uptakers or something like that. so be careful but my doctor gave me them and said that they'r fine with citalopram. i hope you start to feel better soon. love grace. xoxo

Hidden
Hidden

Phenergan made me hyper, I would like to try melatonin, is it available in the shops

You may also like...