Fix for your sleep problems - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support

59,625 members59,884 posts

Fix for your sleep problems

quitter333 profile image
quitter333

Ok, my observations - if you have insomnia and otherwise low quality sleep (I was waking up every 1-4 hours all the time), then disciplined routine actually works.

It took me quite a long time but I finally started seeing effects.

Exercises, especially running

+

Going to bed and turning off screens about 1 hour before sleep (this was super hard for me)

+

going to bed at the same time, and waking up and eating breakfast at the same time every day. (I went from 23:30 - 7:00 and breakfast at 8:00)

+

really engaging with things I do during the day - especially work and LEARNING something (like literally memorizing).

And after a while body just makes the adjustment.

DO NOT EXPECT this to happen in 1 day. You really need to use willpower and apply your discipline every single day. And after few days or a week, you suddenly will see the result. Body will be like - "Hurrrr... ok, if you keep doing this, guess I'll adjust the night and stress rhythms." Just like in gym - if you consistently train - body just suddenly snaps and produces excess energy and you suddenly can lift weights you couldn't imagine a month ago.

Discipline really works, guys, you just need to hold onto your plan a little longer than comfortable. I am so happy to have affirmed this to myself I can almost cry (manly tears). It is simple and real solution.

Better to waste a month applying baby steps discipline, than waste years fighting against yourself trying to get is cured in 1 day.

1 Reply

Concentrating to work is so hard. I am pushing myself to read and solve problem in front of me, and it takes effort not to get distracted or not visit facebook etc.

I even installed a website blocker so i dont accidentally just drift off (yeah, healthunlocked will be in there too!)

But I feel - every second I concentrate I feel positive response and anxiety just vanishing in that minute.

You may also like...