Anxiety and Depression Support
23,743 members22,185 posts

Insomnia

Hi all I been suffering with low mood maybe depression not sure and anxiety since March it’s a lot better than it was when it started I’m trying to deal with it on my own. But I have not slept properly for a while, I had a nose problem what would keep me awake at night I have had surgery in may and is better now not as bad as it was. But now I have insomnia I can go bed at 9.30 wake up at 1,3,4,5,6 like last night but mostly all ways wake up at 3am every night. I have tried going bed later and I still wake up. I don’t drink alcohol I have given up since starting to not feel myself. Has anyone got any suggestions or cures that could help me please or maybe antidepressants that help u sleep. Thank you in advance xx

226 Replies
oldestnewest

If you find a cure can you please let me know. I haven't slept properly since Friday night. Wake up in a panic and then can't get back to sleep

Awful isn’t it. Feel so drained.i have tried magnesium, breathing techniques, hot milk, herbal tablets make me feel hungover, cbd oil. Nothing works. I can get to sleep it’s staying asleep. X

1 like

It's a nightmare honestly. I always wake up in a panic aswell and can't seem to shift it. Is that the same for you?

Ah bless you. No no panic thank god. At first when I had anxiety I would wake up first thing panicy. Are you taking any medication? I just tend to wake up and toss and get back of to sleep then wake up again a hour later it’s annoying. My mum is the same xx

Yeah I just started to take citalopram again. Came off them a little premature but I've been feel crappy for a few weeks so decided to go back on them which maybe why I am like I am now.

Could be the reason why. How are you on them have you had any side effects I’m to scared to take anything

Erm shakes, sweating, palpitations no appetite, nausea. You name it lol. Do you not take any medication?

Oh dear 😑. No nothing. When I first got anxiety I took one sertraline tablet and ended up in a&e on 2 drips and a ecg machine. Had a reaction to it. I’m put of now. I did try amitriptyline as that’s what my mum takes. I took it at night knocked me out next Day felt hungover no other effects though and I did sleep.

Yeah i started on them but they kept me awake so the doctors recommended taking citalopram and tbhthey did start to work but like I say I just completely stopped taking them which you shouldn't do

Why did u stop taking them? how long was you on them before u did stop? Poor u so now you have to work through the start up again. I am taking St. John’s wort been on it 2 weeks my head does seem a little clearer. I ordered some cherry juice they say that’s hood for sleep, worth ago lol.

I was on them for arou d about 6 months and was feeling great.. yup unfortunately!! What is John worts? Lol

St. John’s wort is a herb for low mood and anxiety, Kira brand I am taking. Maybe it’s the withdrawal and then back on them your body and mind is confused. Well hopefully you will start to feel better soon and they kick in. X

Are they any good? And yeah I think that's what it is, just a pain that you have to go through this to feel better

Hard to tell at the moment I think they are taking the edge off. Don’t take them with antidepressants though as it does the same as them they raise serotonin and if u take to much can get serotonin syndrome. It is, I wish I could be the sort of person the says oh well f**k it I not give a shit about stuff. I used to be that sort of person a few years ago, I was very head strong. But now I let things get to me easily.....

Yeah I think I may try CBD oil see what that is like :).. Yeah exactly the same!! It's crazy trying to find the root of the problem. So many things just going around and around

I got it. It does relax you I got the 5% one got it of amazon. I might take it tonight. It’s really expensive though x

Is if worth it tho if chills you out?

Yeah I would say so. Give it a try. Holland and Barrett do it.

Would you recommend the 5% one?

I started on the lower one from Holland and Barrett what was good but got the higher 5% grade the second time as thought stronger would be better the higher the grade the more expensive it is. Try the lower one at first see how you go. X

Yeah I'm gonna go and see if I can find a Holland and Barrett. Willing to try anything right now lol

Lol or could always try a joint 😂. I got that cherry stuff today it arrived earlier so I’ll try that tonight I’ll let you know if I sleep tonight x

Just read coconut oil is good a spoon before bed as stabilises blood sugar. So for people waking between 2-4 they say it could be because your blood sugar is low.

That would make sense as I haven't eaten properly since Sunday afternoon...

Ah really try almonds and hot milk it is supposed to work.

Haven't had an appetite at all.. just constantly feel sick.. what about almond milk?

Yes that’s even better. That’s the anxiety as well no doubt. That’s how I get. I lost 2 stone when I first got anxiety I’m still the same weight.

Yeah my weight has fluctuated a lot recently.. up and down just like my mood I guess 😔

Not good is it. I’m gonna cook the boys there dinner now. I’ll message you tomorrow let you know how the cherry stuff goes. X night god bless.

Okay take care. Hope all goes well. If you can't sleep you know where I am :)

👍🏻😊

Forgot to say try phenergan it’s a antihistamine. Doctor prescribed it for me for sleep. I only take half a tablet, it makes me feel groggy next day. You can get it over the counter. You could try that. My residents are prescribed it daily for a calmer.... it might work for you. X

Can you drive with them?

Yeah but wouldn’t suggest doing the first few times taking them as make you sleepy. My friend was prescribed them for anxiety in the day time when she was pregnant

Hmm see I have to drive like 15 mile to work so may try them on the weekend when I don't have to drive

Yeah I would try them in the afternoon late evening see how sleepy you feel at least they will relax you

Thanks :) will do. If I remember the name lol how you feeling now?

Little sleepy. Fingers crossed I sleep and you. Don’t help when you got noisy neighbours.

Tell them to stfu lol people have insomnia round here

Lol they was hoovering above my bedroom at 10 last night then again at 1 in morning and again this morning at 11. They are on drugs I’m sure of it. The child is about 2 and runs about till 1 in morning. They are tossers lol.

Sounds like they're a little OCD lol dunno about the drugs. People like that do my head in tho the no consideration for anyone

I can smell weed all the time. They smoke it out the window. Prop doing other stuff keeping them awake all night. Drives me nuts they come alive at 10pm start banging and that. It’s a older mum with 2 older sons one of there girlfriends and there baby. None of them work.

Alright for some ain't I! Living the life of Riley whilst us sufferers have to work

Yeah isn’t it just. I bet half of them shouldn’t even be living there. I’ll get my broom out tonight and bang the ceiling 😂

They probably too stoned to hear it tbf.. should just blast your music really loud in the mornings

😂 I do that sometimes then you can hear them walking around after. I’m like yes I got you up hahaha then they get me back again 🤬.

So not the best thing to do then? 😂 suppose they'd still do whatever they do even if you didn't do that. Inconsiderate b*******

No but does make me feel good for a bit 😂.... Yes exactly how they are you would think a heard of elephants live up there lol.

Night speak to you soon.

😂😂 that's what they probably think they are after taking all them drugs lol and okay night.

Yeah wearing bright pink big fluffy slippers 😂😂

I wear bright pink fluffy slippers.. nothing wrong with that 😂

😂........ well update I slept awful again. Woke up about 5 times in the night.

Same here. Went to sleep at half 11 woke at 1 then 2 then 2.45 and then 4 and 5 and finally woke at 6 lol.. brilliant start to the day

Oh dear isn’t it dreadful. I’m at work like a zombie. I turned my alarm of thinking that I done it to early for school run, then it clicked I got work.

I've been off work for this week. Really couldn't face going in. Thankfully my boss understands the situation as his wife also suffers with anxiety

Well that’s really good then. Mine do not understand. Mine kept badgering me when I was off even though I had sick note I was off for 2 months. Been back since may it’s been hard sometimes I work with the elderly so you have to put a brave face on.

That's ridiculous. They make it sound like we choose to have this disorder 🙄

I know it’s hard unless you got it no one understands.

That's why I hardly ever tell anyone tbh. It's hard to explain to someone who doesn't go through it

Exactly they think your talking rubbish x

Manage to get through work ok?

Yes thank you makes it worse when you have to work with lazy people lol. I come back and bought my son 2 rats for pets. He’s over the moan.

Actual rats??!

Lol yep pet rats. I actually have a dislike to them ever since I was bitten by a mouse as a child. But the lady got them out and they was really playful and cute. I read up on them they are very clever and cuddly. They are light grey and white. My brother had 2 albino ones as a child called pinky and brain lol do you remember the carton?

Can't stand rats. Even pet ones remind me of actual wild rats ugh! Make my skin crawl lol and yeah that was years ago! Haha

Lol I am the same. Will make me get over the fear lol... we are in a flat so can not have cat or dog or I would have one of them lol

I couldn't bringmyself to getting one lol I've got a dog and she's a pain in the back side

lol I would love a dog. Don’t this morning my son wanted to get one out to hold it. It made my nurves bad I didn’t want to pick it up took me 3 attempts. I did it though lol. I should of got a lizard or something x

Ugh no. Are they baby ones or fully grown?

They just fit in my hands they are 8 weeks old.

What do they eat?

Pellets and anything we eat

Ooo nah rather you than me lol did you get sleep last night?

Gonna take me a while to get used to it.... I slept better than the last to nights. How did you sleep.

That's good and not really. Went to sleep at half 11 and was awake at 2 til 5 and then got up at 7.

Oh no what do you do when you wake up.

Either play on PlayStation or on my phone lol it's crazy

Oh lol that’s probably the worst thing you could do the blue light wakes you up more. Do u like reading they say that’s best. I don’t like reading. I just lay there till I go back off I know if I get out of bed I have had it and won’t get back to sleep.

Nah hate reading lol I haven't got the attention span for it and I can't just lay there until I fall to sleep cos my mind goes into overdrive and I start thinking about how big the moon is or something stupid lol

Or cows jumping over it lol. Did u get any phenegran. Are u in the uk

Or if dogs can look up lol and nah haven't been out and I am

Get some online

From where?

Amazon eBay boots if in the uk

I looked online and couldn't find anything

Are u in the uk.

Yeah I am

Oh right you should be able to find it online. Are you ok?

I'll have a proper look later.. and yeah I'm fine. Been a hectic weekend lol you?

Good. Yeah not bad weekend off so just chilled with the family.

Sleeping any better?

No are you?

Meh a little bit. Slept straight through Saturday night and woke up a few times last night but back at work today so struggling to stay awake

Bless ya. Hopefully you’ll be tired from today’s work and have a good night sleep. What do you do for work?

I thoughtthat after decorating and stuff the weekend lol and work in IT. With computers and that

Oh that’s gonna be hard to concentrate if you are tired. Was that sat when you slept lol.

Tell me about it :( and yeah! Funnily enough lol me and the missus moved the whole front room around

Lol did you makes ya feel better for doing that sitting in a clean room. I am all ways turning the room around my other half thinks I’m mad lol. I have just moved hall way around to fit the small rats in there lol.

Think women are mad when it comes to the design of rooms lol this Is the 3rd time we've moved it around in a year and half 😂

Lol yep we are all mad. I am all ways doing it or painting lol

Dunno why you all can't just relax and sit in a s******* lol

I can’t look at it until it’s clean then I can relax lol. Relaxing now watching a film

I just blank it out lol you not working todat

No off now for few days. Oh no I can’t do that lol I won’t do it now for a few days.

Alright for some!! And yeah I ain't decorating anything again now. Moving settees around, no thanks lol

Yeah I work weekends so I’m in at end of the week. Just think you got to put all xmas decorations up soon lol

Ah fair enough. What is it you do? And I know!! I'm dreading that especially with a toddler and a dog this year!!

Haha put all the baubles at the top.... ah best when there that age though, my son is 7 so shouldn’t imagine he will believe for much longer. I’m health care assistant for the elderly.

Thinking of getting an upside Xmas tree.. one that you hang from the ceiling lol

Lol why 😂

So the dog or the little one can't attack it 😂 really can't be dealing with redoing it every day

Haha good idea 😂

You can actually get them now aswell.. I'm sure of it

Yeah you can I have seen them and half trees that go flat on the wall lol

Don't think the missus will let me have one tho :(

Lol prob not, if she’s like me she’s very particular about Xmas decorations lol.

Oh yes. She's very festive! Lol

I can’t stand it. I hate winter lol.

I love winter! Cosy night's in.. hot chocolate.. Xmas films. Amazing! Did you sleep okay?

I’m a summer girl. No had awful night I put the rat cage in hall way and kept me up all night. I kept thinking they was gonna get out and get me lol. Bloody things what was I thinking things we do for our kids hey lol.

How did u sleep

Yeah I enjoy summer too, just sometimes get irritated by the heat lol.. oh thats terrible, should of just got a dog instead haha and yeah I had a decent sleep, just trying to catch up from last week

That’s brill then. I love it hotter the better. Well we are in a flat. Wish I got a cat now lol or a lizard or something like that.

Nah I get easily irritated in the heat lol no fun for anyone!! I wanted a bearded dragon but there effort

They are cool my mate had one growing up. No more effort than these rats. U have to spot clean daily. They constantly poo I ain’t joking lol.

Yeah I used to look after them at college, many moons ago lol I love them but ain't got time to be cleaning them out and all that

It is long. I’ll be busy for 3 years now 🙄.....

Is that with the pet or the child? Lol

Pets. My boys no trouble at all such a good boy.

You just got the rats?

Yes and a fish the other one died last week

Oh we had a fish that I won from a fair. Bought a tank and everything and the thing died in a week haha

Oh no I thought that was illegal lol

It should be 😂 made me spend all that money to then just die

Lol..... I got Dutch courage I went out for a meal and drunk far to much red wine. I just got in and I got the rat out out lol. I’m so proud 😂 I didn’t flinch lol x

😂😂 did it make you sleep any better?! And yeah that was down to the alcohol, nothing else 😂

Yeah little man went to his nans. So no school run. I only woke up 3 times and just got up because post women it’s 10am feel very hungover though

Well now you know the answer.. drink loads!! Haha

I took a whole sleeping pill with it. I have been cutting them in half cos they make me feel groggy next day.... wine normally keeps me awake. But the 2 together works lol. Plus the layin helped. Would of slept for longer if I didn’t get woken up.

Didn't think you could drink and take sleeping tablets? Lol who woke ya up?

Ya shouldn’t but it’s technically not a sleeping tablet it’s a antihistamine. Post women lol.

If it helps, then why not lol and oh.. I thought it was a typo and you meant loose women 😂

Lol no she rang the buzzer and made me jump out my skin I was gonna ignore it but she kept buzzing lol....

Must of been something Important then lol

No she’s just very persistent lol.

She needs to get them deliveries out for Xmas lol

Lol she held that finger down on that buzzer. It’s so loud I hate it lol.

I had to remove my door bell because of that. They always make them with the most stupid sounds aswell

Lol I can’t remove mine it’s a buzzer system.

Think you should be able to customise them to make them sound like it's Xmas

Haha no way lol.

Such a scrooge lol

Lol I only started liking it when I had my boy.

Yeah same. Only reason why i dislike it is cos I'm usually ill so it just makes it shit

I’ll?? Why with anxiety? I worked last Xmas day I got this one of so gonna make the most of it how ever rubbish I feel.

Probably is a bit of anxiety but just usually all bunged up and stuff so it's never usually fun. As if you work Xmas day, wow

Yeah joys of care work it sucks. I got Boxing Day and new year this year yayyyyy lol

You working boxing day and new year?

Yeah both morning thou so that ok I prefer that

Nah forget that. Don't even get a lie in

I hate working evenings.

I think working over Xmas should be illegal

Yeah it should lol

Do you get extra pay?

Yeah time and half on xday and new year day and time and quarter Boxing Day and New Year’s Eve all other days normal pay

Well that's not too bad then. Makes working even better when ya get paid more for the same work lol

Yeah it does lol. Still don’t want to work it thou lol.

How long you been doing it for?

About 13 years since I was 18. How you been? I ordered melatonin last night of eBay I’m gonna give that a shot.

Oh wow.. I'm doing good. Better than last week!! Still fell overly tired tho. What's melatonin for?

It’s a sleeping hormone. Google up on it. It’s worth a try. Glad your doing better. How’s the tablets working? Any side effects?

They seem to be kicking in now, still a little anxious at times and no not really.. just tiredness but I don't think that's a side effect that's just me lol

That’s good how long have you been on them now.

This is my 2nd week just trying to get back into the habit of taking them again because if I take them too early I end up falling asleep at work lol

What time do you take them then. X

I have to take them off an evening but it's hard to remember to take them lol

Put a reminder on your phone lol. Funny how can make some people sleepy and some people the opposite. Citalapram your taking right!

I forget to do that too! Haha my memory is awful and I know! When I was on sertraline the doctor said it should make you sleep but it had the opposite effect lol

No helping you then lol 😂......

No 😂 I'm a lost soul haha

😂 ya poor misses lol.

Yeah. She's a saint for dealing with me 😂

😂

I used to have upstairs neighbors that vacuumed 3-4 times a day, every day. I worked nights and needed to sleep during this time. MAJOR irritation! They had a dog they’d let outside, but they didn’t believe in flea medication so they vacuumed constantly to try & keep the flea situation under control. It was not good.

Sounds like an absolute nightmare

It’s almost worse that I actually really liked these neighbors and can respect that they didn’t want to put drugs on their dog... every now and then you hear these horror stories about a pet that had a bad reaction- it’s scary and we love our pets. That said, I wanted to scream at them when I couldn’t sleep!

Oh my.... sounds like they are not your neighbours now thank heavens. Some people honestly. Did you ever say anything to them.

try seroxat 20 mg

will let you eat and sleep

Ok thank you.

Just looked up that’s a antidepressant are you taking that

yes

welcome Kirsty

1 like

One of the first things my doctor told me back in high school when I finally asked for help (about 17 years ago), was that even the most normal and healthy person can show all the signs of major depression. All you have to do is wait until they get far enough into sleeping that they’re about to get actual rest and wake them up. Repeat that over and over again long enough and you have an otherwise healthy person that looks and acts like some of the worst depression cases.

I don’t know if that’s been disproven but I can’t imagine it is because my depression is always a thousand times worse if I’m not sleeping well (like today).

Anxiety and depression go hand in hand a lot of times and can either cause or make the other worse. I can’t speak for that part in terms of sleeping.

Trazedone is an “antidepressant” that is my understanding burns out of the body too quickly to be much use but helps people fall asleep and helps in terms of that. I have mixed feelings about Ambien because I never get 8 hours of sleep regularly at the best of times. People have good luck with melatonin and it’s otc but it makes me groggy the next morning and doesn’t seem to help me much.

If you’re suffering from symptoms of depression it’ll be hard to find motivation but taking better care of yourself is supposed to help as well. Exercise, yoga, meditation, and a better diet including cutting out some of the sugar and caffeine can help as well.

If I think of anything else I’ll let you know but one final suggestion would’ve that if you think it’s going to happen you’re probably more likely for it to happen. Our brains are amazing things when it comes to causing some of our own problems. It’s easier said than done but it’s a thought. Instead of allowing your mind to race have you considered the sleep meditation/“hypnosis” videos-audio that are on the Internet? There are hundreds and might help you get out of your own head and just relax. Just make sure autoplay is off, that you’re connected to WiFi if you don’t have unlimited data, and try and relax.

I hope you find something that works. Best of luck! 🙂

2 likes

Thank you for your reply. Yes I do think the low mood what I actually think is a form of depression and the anxiety is the cause of it. I am all ways stuck in my head. I am a over thinker. I did try the videos for anxiety when I first got the anxiety when was really bad. I think cos I don’t get sleep I’m down. I will try some videos again. Thank you xxx

1 like

Gave me a funny head first few times then I got used to it.

early morning awakening is a common symptom of depression so I would look into that further if it continues. I hope you feel better soon

Thanks yes it probably is the cause.

Faulhallen covered a lot so I will try not to add too too much. I’ve struggled with insomnia since I was a child. I’m sure the environment I grew up in has a lot to do with it, but we won’t get into that long story now. ;)

First, and it might be a silly question, but have you thoroughly researched good sleep hygiene? Our habits can go a long way to help optimize our ability to fall asleep.

Ambien can be useful, but it only ever keeps me down for 4 hours when taken as prescribed. I’ve had good success on days I have high anxiety (and I know my sleep will be bad because of it) by taking a half dose at bedtime and setting an alarm for 2.5 to 3 hours later to wake up and take the second half of the dose. The first half is still in my system and it’s easy to fall back asleep right away. By the time the first half wears off, the second half has had time to hit my system. This has been my cheap work-around to not being able to afford the continuous release Ambien, which costs me 10x as much. Because I’m splitting my 5mg dose in half: 2.5 at bedtime and 2.5 a few hours later, I’m not taking extra medication and I don’t wake up with that groggy overmedicated feeling. Also, I take the second half with at least 5 hours of sleep time ahead of me so I won’t be fighting the drug when it’s time to wake up.

From your other posts in this thread, I’m gathering you either: don’t have insurance or don’t like taking medications? Just a guess because you talk a lot about home remedies/herbs rather than medications? Not a criticism here, just trying to tailor my response to your concerns! If you prefer to go the no-drug route for your sleep, some people like melatonin because it’s a hormone your body already produces. If you can find a extended release version that can be helpful for multiple wake-ups. One thing my doc told me about melatonin is that it is Most effective if you take it at the same time every single night to “train” your body that it’s bedtime. Taking it at different times or only occasionally just confuses your body’s circadian rhythm.

The last thing I want to ask is, do you think anxiety is a trigger for your insomnia? It’s very common that the two are related. Taking steps to try and manage your anxiety might be the most helpful thing you can do when you’re having a bad bout of insomnia. I recently had a stretch where I was only getting about 2 hours of sleep a day for about 2 weeks straight. I KNOW my insomnia is anxiety triggered and it took me that long to realize I needed to talk to my husband about my fears if I was ever going to sleep again. A sleep deprived brain can be a little slow on the uptake. ;) After we thoroughly discussed what was going on with me and made a plan to deal with it, I had the best sleep I’d had in weeks.

I still struggle with recurring bouts of insomnia on a regular basis, but my ability to sleep is the best it’s ever been. I combine a nightly relaxing bedtime routine, low-dose melatonin taken at the same time every night, and sleeping in a cool, dark room (separate from my understanding husband) with a noise machine. When I sleep away from home, or it’s especially noisy, I listen to a white-noise track on wireless earbuds. I only ever take the Ambien if my anxiety is high. I’m consistent in these habits and I’ve got good control over my sleep at this point.

I hope some of this was helpful. :)

Hi I think it’s all steamed from having a bad nose for years, but now that’s sorted I have got the anxiety and feeling low i think thats is a contribute to it. I am managing it on my own, I am in the uk and pay for prescription. I had a reaction to sertraline so scared to take anything else. Doctor prescribed me phenegran for sleeping. Makes me feel groggy. Where do you get the ambien from? X

In in the US- Ambien is the brand name. Maybe you have it under a different brand? It’s generic name is Zolpidem tartrate

Is it over the counter or prescribed

Prescribed in the US, I don’t know about the UK?

Is it like diazepam?

Not really- diazepam is good for anxiety, muscle spasms, and can help you sleep. Zolpidem is just for sleep and is a different type of med.

Ok I’ll ask my doctor

1 like

Thank you

Hopefully that’s something he can help you with. Just knowing I have something that is consistently effective available helps me to be able to sleep, even when I don’t take it. It saves me from obsessing about whether or not I *can* fall asleep.

One of the common side effects your doc will probably mention is vivid dreams, but I honestly kind of enjoy that aspect of it. The fine print mentions other crazy side effects like doing things while you’re sleeping (sleep-walking, eating, etc) but those side effects are rare. Combining it with alcohol increases the risk for sleep-activities. All that said, I used to sleep walk before I ever took Ambien and I never have sleep-walked once while on it. And I’ve been taking it occasionally during insomnia bouts for almost a decade now.

Definitely talk to your doc about any concerns specific to you that you might have and if he thinks it would help. :)

I have very vivid dreams as it is I think that’s half the reason why I wake up and then I fall back into the same dream

Hi Kirsty! I just responded to someone else on insomnia, I'm copying/pasting my response here- I hope it helps!

First, cast away any notions you have about sleeplessness. They are all false. Seriously, anything you've read or heard from people about how "not getting enough sleep is harmful", and "lack of sleep can lead to worsening mental health issues", "It raises cortisol levels which can lead to problems" etc etc... it's all complete bunk. Start looking at it this way:

- In times of great stress, people go for days without sleeping (ie wartime, catastrophes) and the body is meant to handle that as part of life

- I works in healthcare and we often go for days without sleeping- on call, back to back shifts, no one shows up so you do a double, etc...

-New moms (and dads!) hardly sleep at all. They are up all night with crying babies, feeding every 2-3 hours, etc

- Sleeplessness is common, harmless, nothing whatsoever to be concerned about.

Insomnia can result from several things- chronic pain, prostate problems in men (and thus peeing all night), etc but anxiety based insomnia is the most common type. You seem to have anxiety based insomnia. Which responds to..... ignoring it and turning it into a big nothing in your mind. Then you'll start sleeping better. But you won't care, because you will have completely changed your attitude towards sleep.

I sleep very well these days- only 5-6 hours a night but that's because I'm too busy to sleep more. I'm fine. When I have something bothering me I might have a bout of insomnia, but it's mild and I don't care. I get up and do things. When my daughter has occasional insomnia, we get up together and use that time to do fun things- bake, draw, plan a trip, write cards, etc.

Do sleep hygiene (see link below) but don't expect it to work miracles. It all helps, but "NOTHING" works. That's a GOOD thing. Turning it into a great big nothing actually WORKS. Here's a sleep hygiene link:

ucdenver.edu/academics/coll...

I understand what your saying but when your exhausted all day I feel anxious. I need sleep I feel awful all day if I don’t sleep properly.

you have nightmares

i am here to help you

you need medicine help you get comfort and sleep well

Hi thank you. any medicine you suggest! No nightmares. But very vivid dreams all ways have.

i will check medicine can help you

sertraline (Zoloft)

fluoxetine (Prozac, Sarafem)

citalopram (Celexa)

escitalopram (Lexapro)

paroxetine (Paxil, Pexeva, Brisdelle)

fluvoxamine (Luvox)

Anything apart from a antidepressant.

How you been?

Had a worst case of insomnia, nothing over the counter worked for me. After 2 sleepless nights, I was desperate to try anything and went to get acupuncture (thinking this was a complete waste of money and time). Slept like a baby that night. I hope everything goes well for you, because insomnia is no fun in both the short or long term.

1 like

Thank you that’s good to know. That’s expensive. Did u sleep after that night or back to insomnia.

I slept after that night and strangely had no problem since. I was so grateful for the treatment, and yes, it maybe a bit expensive, but I believe insurance will cover majority of visit.

That’s good then. I’m in uk it’s not free to us. We have to pay and it’s expensive.

I am afraid of falling asleep and having dreams

Really wow why

You may also like...