Advice: So my depression has been... - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support
45,417 members46,777 posts

Advice

Llama00
Llama00

So my depression has been pretty bad at times lately which is what made me come to this site, I'm not the greatest at completely hiding how I feel so some people notice my emotion at my new job and when I come from it. Today is my first off day in a while and I finally felt like playing video games, while playing I had a bit of fun or at least I didn't dwell on my life like I usually do but I feel guilty because if I'm depressed should I be allowed to feel nice. I know this is weird but this site helps me not feel completely alone so I wanted to ask.

42 Replies
oldestnewest

You’re allowed to feel and be whatever you want! Guilt does play a huge factor with mental illness. We tend to be more sensitive about things than other people. I think it’s great you had a day off and enjoyed it. You are allowed to do that! This site is wonderful! You can let your feelings out without judgement and you’ll find so many people relate. Sending you hugs 🤗

Llama00
Llama00 in reply to MariaLove123

Thanks, I just know the people I live with would see it differently and judge me for it

MariaLove123
MariaLove123 in reply to Llama00

That’s obviously not right. And it’s so common to have people in our lives who don’t understand what we’re going through. You need to distance yourself from them. Do your own thing. I’m sorry these people are judgemental. It’s their own arrogance and issues, not yours. You concentrate on ways to help yourself and ignore them. X

MariaLove123

I believe in signs and I literally just came across this article on anxiety. It’s not too long to read and VERY relatable!

themighty.com/2016/02/untol...

Llama00

I don't really know much about anxiety or how much it affects me. I read the article some of the things said I connect with.

MariaLove123

I apologize. I guess I was wrong giving you that link. I shouldn’t assume people have anxiety. I’m really really sorry.

Llama00

Wait no, Ive been told I have anxiety but I don't really know much about how it affects me. Like when I have to go somewhere I don't want to be I feel sad and I can't stop thinking about it days before I go but I don't know if that's anxiety or something else. You did nothing wrong there'sno need to be sorry for helping me.

MariaLove123

Awww thank you. I felt so bad jumping to conclusions. How long have you you had depression? Anxiety works in so many different ways. You could google symptoms of anxiety and see if you relate to any of them. It’s usually an uncomfortable feeling of heartbeat racing and being overly worried. It’s important to get a proper diagnosis though by a psychiatrist. I’m here if you ever want to talk 🤗

Llama00

I've been dealing with depression since I was 7 but I was diagnosed with it when I was 17.

MariaLove123

Are you on medication? Depression is yucky. But SO many people have it these days. It’s a crisis! We just have to be there for one another and try new therapy techniques.

Llama00

No, the one time I went to the therapist I was told that I should start taking medication but for no particular reason I didn't go back. Even though I should.

MariaLove123

I definitely think your first big step is seeing a psychiatrist. Get a diagnosis and he’ll recommend medication if necessary. How often do you feel down? Do you work?

Llama00

I feel down at some point everyday, these last few weeks have been me constantly thinking of dying or wishing I could just go away. I recently started working a few weeks ago and it doesn't make me feel better at all and when there I wish I could just go back to my room.

MariaLove123

I wonder why the depression got worse. That’s why it’s crucial you talk to a psychiatrist; especially if you’re having thoughts about dying. In order to get better, you need to know exactly what you’re dealing with. A diagnosis, a medication and a good therapist. Definitely use this site for support. You’ll find really nice caring people and maybe you’ll help them too!

Llama00

I don't know exactly why but each time I get a job I usually start feeling worse, even without a job I think of dying but it multiplies when I start. My mood becomes so bad from the moment I wake up to when I try to sleep. Everyone notices but they don't care because they think I just don't want to work which is part but it's not for the reason they say. I just have never liked life and never seen myself having a future.

MariaLove123

Awww Llama please see a psychiatrist. It does sound like you have anxiety too. You probably have a duel diagnosis of depression and anxiety. Any kind of extreme fear of doing something is usually related to anxiety. But you can get ahead of it. Get on medication and tell your doctor everything! How you feel, thoughts about dying, fear of working, everything! Otherwise he might not give you what you really need.

Llama00

I don't have a way to get to a psychiatrist but I'm trying to fo it online when I can afford it

MariaLove123

Do you have insurance? The sooner you see one, the better you’ll get ahead of this. I know they’re expensive but even just one session to get a diagnosis and get on medication. Are you close with your family?

Llama00

No I'm not close with my family, and no I don't have insurance.

MariaLove123

Well we are all here for you! Please keep posting and talking to us. Hope you’re feeling a little better today

Llama00

Sadly today is worse, I gave to go into work in an hour so I won't be able to respond until 10:30. I'm just sad as soon as I wake up.

MariaLove123

Try and keep your mind busy at work. Please let me know how you’re doing later. I’ll be thinking about you!

Llama00

I'll try but when I'm there or anywhere I just think of dying.

MariaLove123

What do you do for work? Is there anyone there or in your life that you feel comfortable talking to about this? I definitely want to talk to you more about your history, what might have brought this on and ways you can manage it until you can see a psychiatrist.

Llama00

I work as a cleaner and no it's no one around I can talk to. They would just think I'm lying.

MariaLove123

That’s a good job to keep your mind busy and your body active. Do you like your job?

Llama00

It's ok, we usually only work a few hours then there isn't anything left to do. So I just sit there thinking unfortunately

MariaLove123

Sitting and thinking will drive anyone to those uncomfortable anxious sad feelings. What about bringing a notebook and writing? It’s a good way to release those thoughts. Also, I know it’s cheesy, but I love crossword puzzles. They keep my mind busy. And I like being on here; helping others and sharing my thoughts. It makes me feel good when we are all there helping each other out. Also maybe walk around when there’s nothing to do.

Llama00

Do you think listening to music can help?

Hidden
Hidden in reply to Llama00

1000% go for it! Love, peace, light, joy & hugs!

MariaLove123

Absolutely!! I love music. I listen to fun lively music when I’m feeling down or peaceful music when I’m feeling anxious 🎧🎸📀🎶🎵

Llama00

Sometimes I listen to sad songs when I'm sad which isn't a good habit but I also listen to a band called dance gavin dance. I'll try to feel better today but I don't know.

MariaLove123

If that band cheers you up, listen to it today! It’s ok to listen to sad songs when you need a good cry. But it’s definitely not healthy to listen to sad music all the time. Look into other fun songs. Google happy songs. I’m happy that you’re listening to our advice and willing to try them! You have more of a positive attitude now than when you first started talking ☺️

Llama00

I just got home from work, I listened to music but I didn't feel better and I couldn't stop thinking about death.

Llama00
Llama00 in reply to Llama00

Feeling like this everyday constantly. I don't feel relaxed anywhere, I'm tired of always being sad I really don't see myself living too much longer if this is what my life will be. I've been dealing with this for so long hoping it would change but it seems I was just born to feel like this.

MariaLove123

I’m so sorry Llama. I know it can feel hopeless. But you should be proud of yourself for sharing on here and taking our advice. You are obviously open to suggestions. And the right one will come along. For now use us as your therapy. We’re here for you

Llama00

Thanks, it keeps getting worse I feel like a pit of despair.

MariaLove123

Llama I’m so sorry. I understand the feeling. If you want to talk more PM me anytime!

MariaLove123 said it all. 💕 Love to you both.

Lots of LOVE to you too LovelySnow! You’re so sweet 💜

Aww, right back atcha MariaLove. Have a good day. 💖💖

I feel ya ✌🏻👊🏻

You may also like...