Anxiety and Depression Support
28,418 members28,618 posts

Disgusted

Negative thoughts are filling up my mind. I do not want to be me. I don’t bring value to anyone’s life. I don’t even bring value to my own life. I want nothing more than to crawl out of this ugly skin and run towards the black still silence.

21 Replies
oldestnewest

It is easier said than done however, find a reason to love your skin. Do something you enjoy. Take an online course, learn something new, give yourself a reason to be proud of yourself. You have the power to change your mind.

1 like

Thank you!! I’ve been feeling better but tonight the bad thoughts are relentless.

Prayers

2 likes

Thank you!!!!💘

Hi Emily16,You sound depressed and I would like you to think about this: depression is a Big Liar. It will lie to you that you are worthless and ugly and have no value. That you don't love yourself. That no one can love you. That you're lonely. Don't believe the LIES. Most depressed people's brains will tell them these Lies over and over again but they remain Lies every time.

You have value. You have gifts and aren't ugly. I've never met a person that had no gifts. Most have many gifts but don't recognize them in themselves. Your gifts are to benefit you and others around you. You are here for a reason. Find your reason, what you are gifted with and become good at it and you will find your joy in life. Find God when you are ready and you will truly know joy with being tenderly loved no matter what else happens in your life. And you will never be alone again.

Emily, depression is a nasty, dangerous disease that needs medical treatment and counseling to recover. Are you 16 years old? Do you know where and who to go to for help? If not, ask me about that. Chances are extremely likely you won't get better until you get treatment from a doctor and a counselor or therapist. Please love yourself enough to do this. I already care about you and others here will probably join me and say the same. So be good to yourself because you are a wonderful creation and worth it every day. Blessings...

1 like

I’m 27. I do see a therapist. She helps tremendously. Thank you for taking the time to say all that. It means everything in the world to me.😊💕👍🏽

3 likes

You're very welcome. Write me again if you are having negative thoughts and want some positive reinforcement.

2 likes

Thank you so much BonnieSue!! I sure will. Lots of Love!!💘

1 like

Hi Emily16 if you are 16 as someone guessed, that is a difficult age. All those hormones of puberty- my late teens were among the most suicidal years of my life. Depression has so many factors to it- biological , environmental, and spiritual even. Not all believe in this last aspect but since you were not offended when someone offered you prayers- i want you to know i'm praying for you too. It's hard for me to know the best things to say to posts like this, bc even now in my 40's after years of therapy , i'm not "there" yet- i've only managed to take the horrible edge off, the feelings you describe. I remember in my teens thinking i am completely worthless and all i do is take up space. And it's not so much today that i 100% have self-love and acceptance, but i've developed skills to get out of my own head. That's a bad place to be. Watching comedy shows help , and friends of course-support groups are a good way to find people with similar issues, physical activity esp if you can find a form of exercise you enjoy as that releases endorphins the feel-good hormones. And volunteer work helps bc there are so many people suffering- the homeless or handicapped or sick- helping others helps us get out of our heads, but i also understand that when one is in horrible depression it's hard to do that. Bc when i'm very depressed i am too tired to do anything. Most importantly my faith has helped, bc that's the only solid ground we can all stand on, of our worth- knowing God created us in Love , and loves us beyond what we can fathom. To me that's the best support i can offer anyone- to try to stand on this foundation, bc it's a lot more stable than anything this world has to offer on how to feel self-worth. Yes depression is a lie as someone here said, and satan feeds those lies. So i just try my best to feed myself with God's Truth, though i don't always feel it. There are moments i do though, i feel a brief glimpse of how much He loves me, and as i grow more in life towards how to get more of those moments, as i battle to push away the world's lies, by avoiding certain kinds of shows for example or media or the superficial emphasis on looks/money etc that the world values- then i get less depression episodes, or at least not as intense. I journal, to catch what my triggers are- to see if there are patterns in something i ate, or a person i interacted with- or even chemicals like bleach make me anxious- so i can track what sets me off and avoid triggers. Avoid anyone in your life who puts you down. PMS is a big one- 100% every time it's the week before my period, i feel much more anxious and depressed and sensitive. i want to share a simple verse- there are many other ones that people typically think of , to depict His Love for us- but for some reason this simple one touches me- Psalms 18:20 "He set me free in the open; he rescued me because he loves me" . Another one about His deep love for us is Romans 8:38-39 - i'll leave it to you to look up if ur interested. I pray for you and everyone on here for relief and healing. Blessings

2 likes

I’m 27, about to be 28 haha. Thank you so much for your prayers and blessings. I did look up that verse. It’s beautiful💕 I think I’m running from God to be honest. I know He will heal all my pain yet I find it so scary to confront Him. Especially since I still feel like wanting to be a crazy wild young woman. I know that’s bad, it’s a battle I face everyday. However, I also feel His love here and there and it’s so intoxicating and comforting. I know He’s the answer, I just have to accept Him into my life.

2 likes

...and after you accept him he still loves you and never leaves you alone EVEN when, like me, you don't always obey his will or listen to him. We are never worthy of him or his love but he already knows that and wants us anyway. So freeing!!

2 likes

Emily16 yes He loved me even thru my worst most sinful choices, yet i also had to learn and suffer thru the consequences of those choices . Sometimes in my adult life, i caused my own horrible depression episodes (as a child it was from traumas that weren't my own fault). As i said, i still struggle with feelings of worthlessness- but guess what, God blessed me today and i wanted to share with you and bless you. Since i replied to you this morning, i had it in my head thinking of what different verses there are about His Love. And i was also wishing to believe and feel it more. When i checked my mail this afternoon , i had an early birthday card (it's not til Nov. 8)- and the card had this beautiful verse Ephesians 3:17-19 ".....that you, rooted and grounded in love,may have strength to comprehend with all the holy ones what is the breadth and length and height and depth,and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God." And i went to Mass as usual that's my Saturday afternoon routine, and somehow was just filled with His Peace and that touch of His Love. i go thru periods without feeling Him and the timing of it all was perfect, bc i get frustrated at myself, that i still struggle so much to love myself- and therefore can't give great advice to others who don't have self-worth. It was like He was confirming that message of love to both me and you, and everyone here- His Love is so vast beyond what we can even comprehend :)

1 like

Hey Emily. You do have value. You've been on here a month. I bet somebody on here has a friend in you. Are you married? Kids? Do you work? Every job has value in something. You can message me anytime. I often struggle with my own self esteem and self worth.

1 like

Thank you! I’m not married and I don’t have any kids. Or a job, yet. I am trying to find myself and learn how to love myself. I’m hopeful though.

Well you still have friends in here so you do have value. I for one think your pretty neat.

1 like

Thank you!! I needed to hear this today.

1 like

same

1 like

I felt the same way for a very long time. At one point, I couldn't get through the day without saying out loud to myself "I hate you, go bleep yourself".

You were one of the first to reach out to me here and I really like having someone to talk about Benjamin Franklin with. You are inspiring me to find time to read more.

I know these things aren't always logical but I hope hearing it helps. Be good to yourself!! 🤗

1 like

Thanks so much!😊 It really does help. It’s been fun learning more about one of our Founding Fathers.🇺🇸

Ugly skin? No, you are beautiful!

1 like

That’s how I feel sometimes. I can’t even look myself in the mirror. Thank you though.💘

You may also like...