anxiety N depression go hand N hand? - Anxiety and Depre...

Anxiety and Depression Support
39,141 members42,021 posts

anxiety N depression go hand N hand?

Want2BHappy3
Want2BHappy3

I've been suffering from anxiety and depression for about 36 years. I've been taking medication that seems to be helping my anxiety but not my depression. Can you have one without the other? My sleep is minimal, because of that I have NO energy and I've been in bed for about 80% of 2 year's. As a result of this I'm physically in BAD shape hard to get around, I'm looking to get a walking cane/seat. I need breaks to sit down, plus I've been having problems with my feet. My body has a strong existence to sleeping medication any kind prescription or OTC. My doctor seems to be annoyed when I call to have her change my prescription.

9 Replies
oldestnewest
Hidden
Hidden

Hello Want2BHappy3!

Staying in bed that much has caused you more problems. Unless you have a physical ailment that causes you to stay in bed, you need to get up and break that cycle if staying in bed. You can’t let insomnia keep you down. You have to keep moving and sleep will eventually come. Please get out of bed and start living! I have gone to work on 1 hours worth of sleep and it didn’t kill me. I just keep on pushing forward. I want that for you! Wishing you the best!

Want2BHappy3
Want2BHappy3
in reply to Hidden

Thank you for support, I've had severe anxiety, depression, diabetes and insomnia, it's almost 3 am Where I live. My body has a strong resistance to any kind if sleep medications.

I'm in a catch 22,. When I'm having anxiety I can't eat much which causes my blood sugar level to drop with that causes me to get Shakey and I could faint? I'v been falling asleep about 5 or 6 am. I've been on medication for both.

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Want2BHappy3

I also have diabetes and have more trouble with high blood sugar. I’ve never fainted. When I feel shaky, like it’s dropping, I just sit down and eat something and that takes care of that. When it’s high, I take insulin coverage. I don’t let my diabetes stop me, either. If you’re not moving forward, what are you doing? You stay stagnant and possibly digress. More than likely, you’re having trouble with your feet because you’re not using them. I really hope that you get up and start moving...

Want2BHappy3
Want2BHappy3
in reply to Hidden

I wish you could be in my shoes, it's easier said than done? I'm better than I was, Iam paying the consequences for my lack of exercise, I've started going swimming once a week. Thanks for caring

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Want2BHappy3

I do care and that’s why I preach sometimes...I really hope the best for you!

Want2BHappy3
Want2BHappy3
in reply to Hidden

Thank you for that.

Hidden
Hidden
in reply to Want2BHappy3

I have been in your shoes and that’s how I know...experience.

I'm no expert, just someone who has had anxiety and depression for 40 years.

If I were in your situation, I would find a new doctor. I would not put my health in the hands of someone who gets annoyed with me.

I would also find someone who could give me a complete physical to see if there is something wrong physically, and have that person send the results to my new doctor. You need good medical and psychiatric care, and it sounds like you're not getting it.

Anxiety and depression can be very debilitating, but it's possible there is more going on with you. Either way, you need help so you can get out of bed and live the life you want to.

I wish you all the best in finding better support for your mental and physical health. Meanwhile, you have friends here who care. You are not alone!

Thank you so much for your support, I will look into finding a new doctor.

You may also like...